¹02/2022 (âûïóñê 1180)
|OIL & GAS INDUSTRY|
More or to buy article
The article discusses the history and prospects for the development of the oil and gas industry in the face of increasing environmental protection requirements, on the one hand, and growing political and economic pressure, on the other. It is noted that the availability of energy resources is one of the most important problems in the development of modern mankind, and at present, the widespread use of hydrocarbon raw materials allows solving the corresponding problems. A brief review of current narratives of the hydrocarbons resources and reserves is made. It is shown that the forecasts of their depletion or a significant reduction in the production potential are not confirmed. Thus, in the near future, the fuel and energy complex will be able to meet the ever-increasing demand for energy resources. At the same time, the increased attention of the world community to the problems of global climate change imposes a number of significant restrictions on the development of the oil and gas industry. The main issues and trends of the modern climate agenda, existing and proposed ways to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide and hydrocarbon gases are analyzed. A general assessment of various alternative energy sources and prospects for their development is given. Much attention is paid to the discussion of the political and economic components of the problems under consideration. Based on a comprehensive and in-depth analysis, a number of conclusions were made about the possible consequences of the signing of the so-called Paris Agreement for the fuel and energy complex of the Russian Federation. It is recommended to carry out studies to determine the volumes of various emissions (fluids and chemical agents) with their differentiation by class and tracking their further life cycle in order to achieve a balance between the release to the earth's surface and the utilization of hydrocarbons and carbon in various regions of the country. To conduct the necessary research, special polygons should be built. It was especially noted that it is required to develop a new paradigm for the development of the oil and gas complex of Russia, taking into account all the aspects considered in the article.
1. Muslimov R.Kh., Osobennosti razvedki i razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy v usloviyakh rynochnoy ekonomiki (Features of the exploration and development of oil fields in a market economy. Tutorial), Kazan': FEN Publ., 2009, 727 p.
2. Bocharov V.A., Mirovaya dobycha nefti: istoriya, sovremennoe sostoyanie i prognoz (World oil production: history, current state and forecast), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 2010, 372 p.
3. Muslimov R.Kh., Opyt Respubliki Tatarstan po ratsional'nomu ispol'zovaniyu neftyanykh bogatstv nedr (byloe i dumy o budushchem razvitii) (The experience of the Republic of Tatarstan in the rational use of oil resources of the subsoil (the past and thoughts about the future development)), Kazan': FEN Publ., 2021.
4. Estulin D., The true story of the Bilderberg Group, 2007.
5. Terent'ev D., Apocalypse never. Why the doctrine of global warming is no longer trusted (In Russ.), Argumenty nedeli, 2021, no. 19(763), pp. 8-9.
6. Barenbaum A.A., Neftegazonosnost' nedr: endogennye i ekzogennye faktory (Oil and gas potential of the subsoil: Endogenous and exogenous factors): thesis of doctor of geological and mineralogical science, Moscow, 2007.
7. Chuprin V., Klimaticheskiy shok: v shage ot “traektorii smerti”. Interv'yu s A. Karnaukhovym (Climate shock: one step away from the “trajectory of death”. Interview with Karnaukhov A.), Moskovskiy komsomolets, 28th July, 2021.
8. Rostovskiy M., Novak otvetil za tseny na benzin. Interv'yu (Novak answered for gasoline prices. Interview), Moskovskiy komsomolets, 18th May, 2021.
9. Nikolaev R., Unesennye vetrom. Miru nuzhen razumnyy energeticheskiy balans i nadezhnye vidy topliva – gaz i ugol' (Gone with the wind. The world needs a reasonable energy balance and reliable fuels - gas and coal), Moskovskiy komsomolets, 16th September, 2021.
10. Delyagin M., Chistye protiv chumazykh (Clean vs dirty), Argumenty nedeli, ¹ 29 (779), 2021.
11. Kontorovich A.E., Global problems of oil and gas and a new paradigm for the development of the Russian oil and gas complex (In Russ.), Nauka iz pervykh ruk, no. 1, 2016, pp. 6–17.12. Muslimov R.Kh., About the new paradigm of academician A.E. Kontorovich - development of the Russian oil and gas complex based on the experience of Tatarstan on the rational development of hydrocarbon resources (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2020, no. 9, pp. 6–15.
More or to buy article
On the "Australian way" to achieve carbon neutrality
The article reviews the Australian government's Fall 2021 Plan to Reduce Emissions and Achieve Net Zero Emissions by 2050 by the Australian Government and the essence of the "Australian way" of achieving carbon neutrality. The situation that has developed in the world following the results of the 26th Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, the attitude to the problems of climate change and energy transition of different countries and their search for their own way in solving them are shown. The features of the structure of the Australian economy and its exports are noted, which, among other things, determine the essence of the "Australian path" to achieve carbon neutrality, which consists in a combination of the maximum possible reduction in greenhouse gas emissions that are generated during the extraction and use of fossil fuels, and "compensatory" measures. An analysis is given of the main principles of the Australian Emissions Reduction Plan, which should ensure the country's effective transition to a fair clean economy, and priority areas for the implementation of this Plan. At the same time, those that are closest to the oil and gas industry (hydrogen production, LNG with a low carbon footprint and technologies for capturing and storing carbon dioxide) are considered and analyzed in detail. For each such area, the main tasks are identified, the solution of which ensures the achievement of carbon neutrality, and the largest projects being implemented or planned for implementation for these purposes, the possible scale and results of their development are shown. Particular attention is paid to the analysis of measures and mechanisms of state support for priority areas by the federal government and the governments of states and territories, such as the allocation of funds for research, development and demonstration activities, the creation of the necessary regulatory framework, interaction with business and the public, the development of international relations, staff development and training. It is concluded that Australia's focus on achieving carbon neutrality by combining the maximum possible reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and offsetting measures is of particular interest to Russia as well.
1. Who we are, URL: https://beyondoilandgasalliance.com/who-we-are/
2. Welsby D., Price J., Pye S. et al., Unextractable fossil fuels in a 1.5 °C world, Nature, 2021, V. 597, pp. 230–234, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-021-03821-8
3. Statement on international public support for the clean energy transition, URL:
4. COP26: US and EU announce global pledge to slash methane, URL: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59137828
7. Mastepanov A.M., Features of Russia's approach to the problem of achieving carbon neutrality (In Russ.), Problemy ekonomiki i upravleniya neftegazovym kompleksom, 2022, no. 1(201), pp. 5–12.
8. Australia’s net zero emissions ‘plan’: the five things you should know, The Guardian, URL: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/oct/27/australia-net-zero-2050-emissions- plan-five-things-you-need-to-know
9. Australia’s long-term emissions reduction plan: A whole-of-economy Plan to achieve net zero emissions by 2050, Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, 2021, URL: https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/resource/Australias_LTS_WEB.pdf
10. Statistical review of World Energy 2021, British Petroleum, URL: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/statistical-review-of-world-energy.html
11. Australian bureau of statistics. International trade, URL: https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/economy/international-trade
12. World's top exports. Australia’s Top 10 Exports, URL: https://www.worldstopexports.com/australias-top-10-exports/
13. NFF calls for net carbon zero by 2050, URL: https://www.beefcentral.com/ news/nff-calls-for-net-carbon-zero-by-2050/
14. Australia’s low-carbon hydrogen trade could be worth up to US$90 billion in 2050, accessed on 7 October 2021, URL: https://www.woodmac.com/press-releases/australias-low-carbon-hydrogen-trade-could-be-worth-up-to-us$...
15. Australia’s fossil fuel exports, URL: https://www.worldenergydata.org/australias-fossil-fuel-exports/
16. The hydrogen road. has arrived at the demonstration stage: A step forward in realizing a hydrogen-based society, URL: https://global.kawasaki.com/en/stories/articles/vol67/
17. Grib N., Vodorodnaya strategiya – chast' IV tekhnologicheskoy revolyutsii (Hydrogen Strategy – Part IV of the Technological Revolution), URL: http://www.cenef.ru/file/hydrogen.pdf
18. URL: http://www.hystra.or.jp/en/gallery/
19. Mastepanov A.M., Arai Kh., General projects of Japan hydrogen strategy and their future influence on the prospects of oil and gas industry development in Russia (In Russ.), Problemy ekonomiki i upravleniya neftegazovym kompleksom, 2020, no. 12(192), pp. 45–54.
20. Pogosyan A., Liquefied hopes: Australian LNG market in a power transition (In Russ.), Energeticheskaya politika, 2020, no. 12(154), pp. 74–83.
21. Gorgon carbon capture and storage, URL: https://australia.chevron.com/our- businesses/gorgon-project/carbon-capture-and-storage
22. Global CCUS projects. Overview of existing and planned CCUS facilities, URL: https://www.iogp.org/bookstore/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/woocommerce_uploads/ 2021/06/GRA002_210603.pdf23. IPCC. Sixth assessment report – Climate Change 2021: The physical science basis – Summary for policymakers, accessed 1 October 2021, URL: https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/#SPM
More or to buy article
Hydrogen is one of the most important components of the clean energy system of the future. At present, the production of environmentally "pure" hydrogen is associated with high energy costs in the implementation of the water electrolysis process and steam methane reforming process due to the separation, capture and storing of carbon dioxide. Hydrogen Source AS has developed a technology for Hydrogen Generation from Hydrocarbons Sub-terrain (HGHS) and hydrogen production without emitting greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. The HGHS process can be also applied in low permeable reservoirs, noncommercial hydrocarbon fields; in the depleted gas and gas-oil fields at the late production stage for conversion of remaining non-economic reserves to hydrogen for its commercial production; in coal fields containing methane.
This article presents the results of an assessment of HGHS application in a field with residual, non-commercial hydrocarbon reserves. In experiments carried out in high-temperature reactors at reservoir pressures, the degree of conversion of hydrocarbons to hydrogen was up to 70%. In the HGHS process in addition to steam reforming of hydrocarbons also a catalytic cracking of hydrocarbons is taking place. A numerical chemical-thermal model of the process, history matched by experimental data, was used in reservoir simulations and for assessing economic efficiency of HGHS. Application of HGHS in a depleted field becomes profitable and achieves a payback with the conversion to hydrogen of more than 5% of the remaining hydrocarbons in place. The estimates show that the cost of hydrogen produced in the HGHS process is several times lower than in he currently widely used steam methane reforming or water electrolysis.
1. Hydrogen Council Path to hydrogen competitiveness. A cost perspective, URL: https://hydrogencouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Path-to-Hydrogen-Competitiveness_Full-Study-1...
2. Surguchev M.L., Obzor segmentatsii rynka vodoroda po gruppam potentsial'nykh klientov na osnove klyuchevykh oblastey primeneniya (Overview of hydrogen market segmentation by potential customer groups based on key applications), Edinburgh: Heriot-Watt University,2016.
3. Surguchev L.M., Poluchenie vodoroda iz uglevodorodov v plaste, nakoplenie i podzemnoe khranenie vodoroda dlya ego kommercheskogo ispol'zovaniya (Production of hydrogen from hydrocarbons in the reservoir, accumulation and underground storage of hydrogen for its commercial use), Proceedings of III International scientific symposium “Teoriya i praktika primenenis metodov uvelicheniya nefteotdachi plastov” (Theory and practice of application of enhanced oil recovery methods), Moscow, 20-21 September 2011, Moscow: Publ. of VNIIneft', 2011.
4. Surguchev L., In-situ hydrogen generation from hydrocarbons, Proceedings of Offshore Heavy Oil Conference, London, 24-25 November 2011.
5. Berenblyum R., Østhus A., Stokka S., Surguchev L., Air Injection chapter in JCR-7 Monograph “North Sea Chalk”: edited by Skjæveland S., Siqveland O.K., University of Stavanger, 2019.
6. Druganova E., Surguchev L., Ibatullin R., Air Injection at Mordovo-Karmalskoye field: Simulation and IOR evaluation, SPE-136020-MS, 2010, https://doi.org/10.2118/136020-MS
7. Berenblyum R., Surguchev L., Production of H2 generated from hydrocarbons in-situ with CO2 disposal, Proceedings of European Hydrogen Energy Conference (EHEC), Seville, Spain, 2014, DOI:10.3997/2214-4609.20140132
8. Surguchev L., Berenblyum R., Surguchev M., Shift to hydrogen: 100% recovery from depleted and abandoned gas fields, Proceedings of IOR 2017 - 19th European Symposium on IOR, Stavanger, Norway, DOI:10.3997/2214-4609.201700245
9. Berenblyum R.A., Surguchev M.L., Generatsiya voloroda iz uglevodorodov v plastovykh usloviyakh mestorozhdeniy: effektivnost' dobychi vodoroda (Generation of hydrogen from hydrocarbons in reservoir conditions of fields: efficiency of hydrogen production), Proceedings of III International Scientific and Practical Conference “Integrirovannoe nauchnoe soprovozhdenie neftegazovykh aktivov: opyt, innovatsii, perspektivy” (Integrated scientific support of oil and gas assets: experience, innovations, prospects), dedicated to the 30th anniversary of LUKOIL PJSC, Perm, 20-21 October 2021.10. Sleptsov D.I., Generatsiya vodoroda v plastovykh usloviyakh: effektivnost' dobychi vodoroda s nulevym uglerodnym sledom (Hydrogen generation in reservoir conditions: the efficiency of hydrogen production with a zero carbon footprint) Natsional'nyy neftegazovyy forum. – 2021.
More or to buy article
|MANAGEMENT, ECONOMY, LAW|
The article considers the problems of carrying out comparative assessment of technologies in the market of oil services, engineering and construction services. It is noted that the tender for the provision of oil services is a formal procedure for the subsoil user, is usually signed at low prices and has a low level of quality of the provided service. It is proved that it is useful to carry out comparative assessment of single type, competing, technological solutions within the selected oil service segments using the integral indicator. Comparative assessment algorithm of oil service technologies on the basis of integral indicators is given. It is justified that the proposed method of comparative assessment is relatively simple, but at the same time, it is effective due to the consideration of technological, technical, environmental, mining-ecological and economic factors. As an example small oil company operating on the territory of Timan-Pechora Basin was considered. The algorithm proposed by the authors became the basis for comparison and selection of technologies in the segment of drilling mud (using clay-free drilling mud based on polysaccharides or multi-solution technology of reversible invertible drilling mud), cement slurry (Granz-7 or the facilitated grouting solution) and EOR method (polimers or alkali). The testing of the proposed algorithm for making technological decisions and selecting a specific service provider showed the validity of using not only cost parameters and oil recovery factor, but also other technical and technological parameters.
1. Andrukhova O.V., Razmanova S.V., Current state and prospects of domestic oil field services market development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 6, pp. 9–13.
2. Kozenyasheva M.M., The winds of change. World experience and features of the formation of oil and gas services in Russia (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya Vertikal', 2017, no. 15–16, pp. 102–107.
3. Razmanova S.V., Andrukhova O.V., Problems of Russian oil and gas service market (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki, 2019, V. 12, no. 1, pp. 111–119.
4. Katysheva E.G., Analysis of structural changes in Russian oilfield services market (In Russ.), Mezhdunarodnyy nauchno-issledovatel'skiy zhurnal, 2015, Part 3, no. 5 (36), pp. 44 – 46.
5. Obzor nefteservisnogo rynka Rossii (Overview of the Russian oilfield services market), Moscow: Publ. of Deloyt i Tush SNG, URL: https://ru.investinrussia.com/data/files/sectors/obzor-nefteservisnogo-rynka-rossii-2019.pdf.
6. Razmanova S.V., Andrukhova O.V., Oilfield service companies as part of economy digitalization: assessment of the prospects for innovative development (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 2020, V. 244, no. 4, pp. 482–492.
7. Beloshitskiy A.V., The economic mechanism for creating a business-model of oilfield service company (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 1, pp. 20–23.
8. Nefteservisnye kompanii nesut ubytki, stolknuvshis' s padeniem sprosa amerikanskikh slantsevykh dobytchikov (Oilfield services companies suffer losses as demand from US shale producers falls), URL: https://oilcapital.ru/article/general/23-01-2020/bolshaya-rasprodazha-bolshogo-nefteservisa.
9. Andrukhova O.V., Ekonomicheskoe razvitie nefteservisnykh kompaniy Rossii (Economic development of oilfield services companies in Russia): thesis of candidate of economical science, Apatity, 2020.
10. Andrukhova O., Razmanova S., Volkova I., Development of methods for the comparative evaluation of oilfield technologies (In Russ.), Eurasian mining, 2020, V. 33, pp. 21–24.11. Ruzin L.M., Morozyuk L.M., Metody povysheniya nefteotdachi plastov (teoriya i praktika) (EOR methods (theory and practice)), Ukhta: Publ. of USTU, 2014, 127 p.
More or to buy article
|GEOLOGY & GEOLOGICAL EXPLORATION|
The article describes the results of studies aimed at replenishing the resource base of the northwestern part of the Tomsk region and clarifying the ideas about the formation of deposits in the Traigorod-Kondakovskoye oil field. The possibilities of the applied basin modeling at the full cycle of exploration stages demonstrated. The research is divided into two stages. The first stage has a sub-regional coverage and includes an area of 25,000 km2. The site is confine to the Alexandrovsky arch, covers a part of the Koltogorsko-Nyurolsky trench and the eastern pericline of the Nizhnevartovsky arch. The basin submersion is reconstructed here and the thermal history is restored. The heterogeneity of the heat flow at the bottom of the sedimentary cover over the area is explained by tectonic processes and complicated by massive granite intrusion. At the first stage, a 3D model of the formation oil and gas basin were created and the tasks were the restoration of the generation history and the ideas about the migration routes of hydrocarbons formation. At the second stage, on the base of the sub-regional (parent) model, a local (daughter) model of the Traigorod-Kondakovskoye field formation was built on the area of 480 km2 covered by 3D seismic. The substantiation of the necessity is given and the description of the results of additional special geochemical studies of fluids and oil source rocks, carried out before the start of building a detailed model of the local stage, is presented. The following are the main parameters and the differences between the local and the parent model. Conclusions are made on the possibility of applying an assessment of faults permeability influence to the deposits formation. The forecast of trap saturation and resource potential assessment reduced the risks of exploration; recommendations for further geological study of the subsurface are proposed.
1. Zubkov V.A., Molodykh P.V., Goncharov I.V. et al., 3D model of hydrocarbon accumulation formation in the northwestern part of Tomsk region (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 9, pp. 88–92.
2. Neruchev V.G., Vassoevich N.B., Lopatin N.V., On the scale of catagenesis in connection with oil and gas formation (In Russ.), Goryuchie iskopaemye, 1976, pp. 47–62.
3. Goncharov I.V., Samoylenko V.V., Oblasov N.V., Fadeeva S.V., Catagenesis of organic matter Bazhenov Formation rocks in the south-east of West Siberia (Tomsk region) (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 10, pp. 32-37.
4. Patent RU 2261438 C1, Method of determining ripened oil-source rocks, Inventors: Goncharov I.V., Samoylenko V.V., Nosova S.V., Oblasov N.V.
5. Patent RU 2 634 254 C1, Method for determining mature coal-bearing oil-source rocks and specifying their catagenesis, Inventors: Oblasov N.V., Goncharov I.V., Samoylenko V.V., Fadeeva S.V.
6. Kontorovich V.A., Tektonika i neftegazonosnost' mezozoysko-kaynozoyskikh otlozheniy yugo-vostochnykh rayonov Zapadnoy Sibiri (Tectonics and oil and gas potential of the Mesozoic-Cenozoic deposits in southeastern areas of Western Siberia), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SB RAS, Branch "Geo", 2002, 253 p.7. Goncharov I.V., Oblasov N.V., Smetanin A.V. et al., Genetic types and nature of fluid of hydrocarbon deposits south-east of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2012, no. 11, pp. 8–13.
More or to buy article
In the Early Triassic period, the continental plateau in the territory of the modern Kurgan region, similar in type of geological structure to the Putorana, Deccan, Parana, Karru, Maranhao, Tunguska syneclise plateaus, experienced an intense influence of the processes of regional rifting, which had a global distribution, as a result of which a whole system of extended graben rifts was formed. Within the territory under consideration, precipitation-compensated immersion occurred in the Late Permian-Triassic time (lasting about 80 million years), fading, but continuing throughout the Mesozoic and Cenozoic era them under the weight of overlapping sediments and in connection with the periodic activation of tectonic processes in the graben rifts themselves during their "geological" life. Sea boreal waters from the north of the West Siberian Plate penetrated through these narrow straits into the Kurgan Trans-Urals. Erosion processes as a result of erosion of the continental plateau that existed at that time formed the "remnants" of the cover low-potassium basalts. Their detailed study makes it possible to clarify the sedimentation conditions that existed within the studied territory, and the proximity of the geological structure to the volcanogenic sedimentary formations of the Permian-Triassic age of the Rogozhnikovo-Lyamin zone indicates a significant oil and gas potential of this complex of deposits. The commonality of the tectonic structure and development of the studied regions with the main part of Western Siberia (Triassic rifting) allows us to count on the discovery of hydrocarbon deposits here of a typical sedimentary rock basin structure in traditional oil and gas complexes. It is necessary to carry out detailed geological exploration work on this promising complex of deposits in the very near future.
1. Belonosov A.Yu., Shalyutin M.S., Kudryavtsev A.E., Borisov D.V., Verification of materials of remote sensing of the Earth in connection with the search of hydrocarbon deposits (on example of the southern segment of the Ural-Kazakh foredeep) (In Russ.), Ekologiya. Ekonomika. Informatika. Seriya: Geoinformatsionnye tekhnologii i kosmicheskiy monitoring, 2019, no. 4, pp. 69–73.
2. Belonosov A.Yu., Kalenitskiy A.Yu., Verification of remote sensing to assess the petroleum potential poorly known and unpromising areas (for example, the Kurgan region) (In Russ.), Vestnik SGUGiT, 2015, no. 3 (31), pp. 70–78.
3. Belonosov A.Yu., Borisov D.V., Kudryavtsev A.E., Identification of oil and gas promising structures within the southern segment of the Urals-Kazakh Foredeep (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2019, no. 5 (81), pp. 26–33.
4. Belonosov A.Yu., Turenko S.K., Interpretation of satellite data of heat convective flux for prediction of hydrocarbon deposits in Kurgan region (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Neft' i gaz, 2009, no. 6, pp. 4–9.
5. Belonosov A.Yu., Kudryavtsev A.E., Timshanov R.I., Sheshukov S.A., The use of remote and verification ground work to assess the prospects for oil and gas potential of the Vagai-Ishim depression (In Russ.) Akademicheskiy zhurnal Zapadnoy Sibiri, 2016, V. 12, no. 3(64), pp. 5–6.
6. Kokshina L.V., Postdiageneticheskie preobrazovaniya petroklasticheskikh grauvakk (na primere srednego paleozoya Yuzhnogo Urala i yuga Zapadnoy Sibiri) (Post-diagenetic transformations of petroclastic graywackes (on the example of the Middle Paleozoic of the Southern Urals and the south of Western Siberia)): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science, Ekaterinburg, 2013.
7. Mizens G.A., Kokshina L.V., Petrography of Devonian and lower Carboniferous terrigenous deposits in the southwest of the west Siberian plate (Vagai-Ishim and Tobol-Ubagan structures) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2012, V. 53, no. 11, pp. 1513–1529, DOI: 10.1016/j.rgg.2012.09.004
8. Mizens G.A., Kokshina L.V., Usloviya osadkonakopleniya v srednepaleozoyskikh basseynakh na yugo-zapade Zapadnoy Sibiri (zona sochleneniya ural'skikh i kazakhstanskikh struktur) (Sedimentary conditions in the Middle Paleozoic basins in the southwest of Western Siberia (junction zone of the Ural and Kazakhstan structures)), Proceedings of II All-Russian Scientific Conference “Fundament, struktury obramleniya Zapadno-Sibirskogo mezozoysko-kaynozoyskogo osadochnogo basseyna, ikh geodinamicheskaya evolyutsiya i problemy neftegazonosnosti” (Foundation, framing structures of the West Siberian Mesozoic-Cenozoic sedimentary basin, their geodynamic evolution and problems of oil and gas), Tyumen, 27–29 April 2010, Novosibirsk: PubL. of OIT INGG SO RAN, 2010, pp. 111–113.
9. Mizens G.A., Kucheva N.A., Stepanova T.I. et al., Stratigraphy and sedimentary environments of Devonian and Carboniferous deposits in Tobol-Ubagan uplift and Vagay-Ishim depression (south-western districts of Western Siberia) (In Russ.), Litosfera, 2011, no. 4, pp. 20–44.
10. Pumpyanskiy A.M., Devonskie otlozheniya doyurskogo fundamenta yuzhnoy chasti Zapadno-Sibirskoy plity (Devonian deposits of the pre-Jurassic basement of the southern part of the West Siberian Plate), In: Novye dannye po geologii Urala, Zapadnoy Sibiri i Kazakhstana: informatsionnye materialy (New data on the geology of the Urals, Western Siberia and Kazakhstan: information materials), Sverdlovsk: Publ. of Ural Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1990, pp. 49–58.
11. Pumpyanskiy A.M., Stratigrafiya kamennougol'nykh otlozheniy severnoy chasti Tyumensko-Kustanayskogo progiba (Stratigraphy of the Carboniferous deposits of the northern part of the Tyumen-Kustanai trough), Proceedings of Toporkov readings, 1992, V. 1, pp. 25–32.
12. Pumpyanskiy A.M., Trias Tobolo-Ishimskogo mezhdurech'ya yuga Zapadno-Sibirskoy plity (Trias of the Tobol-Ishim interfluve in the south of the West Siberian Plate), In: Novye dannye po geologii Urala, Zapadnoy Sibiri i Kazakhstana: informatsionnye materialy (New data on the geology of the Urals, Western Siberia and Kazakhstan: information materials), Sverdlovsk: Publ. of Ural Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1990, pp. 159–165.
13. Pumpyanskiy A.M., Kamennougol'nye otlozheniya Kurganskogo Zaural'ya (Carboniferous deposits of the Kurgan Trans-Urals), Proceedings of Toporkov readings, 1999, V. 4, pp. 55–62.
14. Pumpyanskiy A.M., Kamennougol'nye otlozheniya Tyumensko-Kustanayskogo progiba (Carboniferous deposits of the Tyumen-Kustanai trough), In: Biostratigrafiya i litologiya verkhnego paleozoya Urala (Biostratigraphy and Lithology of the Upper Paleozoic of the Urals), Sverdlovsk: Publ. of Ural Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1987, pp. 45–61.
15. Saraev S.V., Baturina T.P., Medvedev A.Ya., Travin A.V., Carboniferous deposits in the basement of the southwestern West Siberian geosyneclise (Kurgan region) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2016, V. 57. no. 8, pp. 1455–1476.
16. Saraev S.V., Baturina T.P., Travin A.V., Petrology, sedimentology, geochemistry, and absolute age of Triassic volcanosedimentary rocks from the southwest of the West Siberian geosyneclise (Kurgan region) (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2011, V. 52, no. 8, pp. 1107–1128.17. L.T. Elkins-Tanton, Grasby S.E., Black B.A. et al., Field evidence for coal combustion links the 252 Ma Siberian Traps with global carbon disruption, Geology, 2020, V. 49, no. 3, pp. 518, DOI: 10.1130/G47365.1.
More or to buy article
The article considers factors influencing resistivity of rocks of volcanogenic-sedimentary sequence of the central zone of northeastern framing of the Krasnoleninsky arch. Dependencies for determination of oil saturation coefficient of volcanic rocks are proposed. Dependencies based on data of standard complex of well logging. As a result of the analysis of the electric dependencies (parameter of porosity from porosity coefficient, parameter of saturation from water saturation coefficient and the corresponding parameters of core samples) it is shown that the type of void space and post-igneous transformations have a significant influence on the value of the electrical resistance of the rocks of the studied sequence in addition to the composition of saturating fluids. With invariable values of porosity and water saturation coefficients, the increase of electrical resistance is characterized by cavernous and transformed under the action of the processes of albitization, carbonatization, silicification of rocks. The cracked type of voids, the presence of clay minerals contributes to the reduction of electrical resistance. Determination of oil saturation coefficient is performed using dependence of electric resistance obtained from well logging data on volume water saturation of core samples taken from wells according to insulating technology. The obtained dependence made it possible to detect excess of values of specific electrical resistance measured in wells relative to results of measurements on extracted samples of standard size for some intervals of studied sequence. The excess is characteristic of cavernous differences in volcanogenic rocks and albitized, carbonatized volcanites. In cavernous intervals, the excess is due to the influence of the scale effect, when standard small core samples do not fully characterize cavernous voids, the size of which can be comparable to their own. In albitised and carbonatized volcanites, the excess is due to a change in the initial type of wettability of core samples during extraction. At the same time, most of the rocks of the studied sequence are characterized by a hydrophilic type of wettability. Along with the considered factors, the obtained dependence takes into account the type of void space and post-magmatic transformations. The results of the calculation of the oil saturation coefficient are consistent with the results of direct determinations on the core selected using insulating technology. Application of the obtained dependence will make it possible to improve accuracy of reserves calculation and planning of geological and technological operations.
1. Kropotova E.P., Korovina T.A., Romanov E.A., Fedortsov I.V., Sostoyanie izuchennosti i sovremennye vzglyady na stroenie, sostav i perspektivy doyurskikh otlozheniy zapadnoy chasti Surgutskogo rayona (Rogozhnikovskiy litsenzionnyy uchastok) (The state of knowledge and modern views on the structure, composition and prospects of pre-Jurassic deposits of the western part of the Surgut region (Rogozhnikovsky license area)),Proceedings of IX scientific and practical conference “Puti realizatsii neftegazovogo potentsiala KhMAO” (Ways of realization of oil and gas potential of KhMAO), Khanty-Mansiysk, 2006, pp. 133–146.
2. Shadrina S.V., Kritskiy I.L., The formation of volcanogenic reservoir by hydrothermal fluid (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2012, no. 8, pp. 18–21.
3. Dobryden' S.V., Electric resistance and natural electrochemical activity of volcanogenous rocks (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 11, pp. 76–81, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2020-11-76-81
4. Khayrullin B.Yu., Mamyashev V.G., Fedortsov V.V., Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo po otboru i analizu izolirovannogo kerna (Guidelines for the selection and analysis of an isolated core), Tyumen': Publ. of SibBurMash, 1999, 24 p.
5. Gurbatova I.P., Masshtabnye i anizotropnye effekty pri eksperimental'nom izuchenii fizicheskikh svoystv slozhnopostroennykh karbonatnykh kollektorov (Scale and anisotropic effects in the experimental study of the physical properties of complex carbonate reservoirs): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2011, 26 ð.6. Mal'shakov A.V., Butolina Yu.A., Vilesov A.P., Osobennosti opredeleniya koeffitsienta neftegazonasyshchennosti karbonatnykh kollektorov s kavernovoy poristost'yu po dannym elektrometrii skvazhin (Peculiarities of determination of oil and gas saturation coefficient of carbonate reservoirs with cavernous porosity according to well electrometry data), Collected papers “Petrofizika slozhnykh kollektorov: problemy i perspektivy 2015” (Petrophysics of complex reservoirs: Problems and Prospects 2015): edited by Enikeev B.N., Moscow: EAGE Geomodel', 2015, pp. 96–116.
More or to buy article
The article is related to the commissioning of a new oil and gas production cluster of Rosneft Oil Company in the Irkutsk region. The Osinsky productive horizon of the Lower Cambrian in the Irkutsk cluster is one of the most promising for increasing the hydrocarbon resource base in the assets of Rosneft Oil Company. Layer B1, related to bioherm structures, consistently shows high filtration-capacity properties of rocks, due to the conditions of formation. Zones of crushing and fracturing are noted, which have arisen as a result of destruction and karst formation of productive deposits. The results presented are based on the analysis of laboratory core studies. The principles of identifying lithological units of the B1 productive layer by structural and genetic characteristics, post-sedimentation transformations, which influenced the formation of deposits with high filtration-capacity properties, are considered. For the first time, a fundamental model of the formation of rocks of the B1 formation on the territory of the Irkutsk cluster is presented. According to the results of the core study by the structural-genetic character in the B1 formation, the following rock units were identified: dome-shaped stromatolites, columnar stromatolites with globulosa structure, columnar stromatolites with lineolata-globulosa structure, flat stromatolites with lineolata-globulosa structure, flat stromatolites with globulosa structure, granular, microphytolitic, detrital carbonate rocks. The performed studies allow, in the difficult geological conditions of Eastern Siberia, as well as with high heterogeneity of carbonate reservoirs, it is justified to perform hydrodynamic modeling, to plan the development of deposits, and place production wells. The proposed model of the B1 reservoir will make it possible to select the optimal development system with the most complete extraction of hydrocarbons with maximum economic profitability.
1. Reitner J., Queric N.-V., Arp G., Advances in stromatolite geobiology: Lecture notes in Earth Sciences, Heidelberg: Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2011, 559 p., DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-10415-2
2. Chernitskiy A.V., Geologicheskoe modelirovanie neftyanykh zalezhey massivnogo tipa v karbonatnykh treshchinovatykh kollektorakh (Geological modeling of oil deposits of massive type in carbonate fractured reservoirs), Moscow: Publ. of RMNTK “Nefteotdacha”, 2002, 254 p.
3. Maslov V.P., Atlas porodoobrazuyushchikh organizmov (izvestkovykh i kremnevykh) (Atlas of rock-forming organisms (calcareous and silicic)), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1979, 271 p.
4. Maslov V.P., Stromatolity ikh genezis, metod izucheniya, svyaz' s fatsiyami i geologicheskoe znachenie na primere ordovika Sibirskoy platformy (Stromatolites, their genesis, method of study, connection with facies and geological significance on the example of the Ordovician of the Siberian Platform), Moscow: Publ. of USSR AS, 1960, 233 p.
5. Fortunatova N.K. et al., Atlas strukturnykh komponentov karbonatnykh porod (Atlas of the structural components of carbonate rocks), Moscow: Publ. of VNIGNI, 2005, 440 p.6. Titorenko T.N., Anisimova S.A., Anisimov A.Yu., Paleontologiya dokembriya. Fitolity (stromatolity i mikrofitolity) (Paleontology of the Precambrian. Phytoliths (stromatolites and microphytoliths)), Irkutsk: Publ. of ISU, 2012, 117 p.
More or to buy article
The article includes the geological and geophysical characteristics of Dragon field on the block 09-1 of the continental shelf of Vietnam. The analysis of the porosity and permeability properties of developed deposits is considered. According to the geological and geophysical characteristics it has been concluded to refer deposits to marginal. By analogy with the deposits discovered at the exploration and development stages, the neighboring deposits, discovered in 2018-2021, also referred to marginal. The discovery and development of White Tiger offshore field made a major impact on geological exploration and study of geological features of South Vietnam shelf. Cuulong basin tectonics, structural-tectonic features of the basement and geology of Dragon field have been analyzed. The initial data analysis is carried out to determine the reservoir and make log interpretation. Commercial nomenclature of developed zone / horizons for sediments, clastic and basement rocks are presented. The authors identified, proposed and discovered new deposit, geological structures and hydrocarbon deposits within the Dragon area. Comparative assessment of recoverable reserves depletion and their distribution by the field is given. Platform features and placement on deposits are specified. It is offered a hydrocarbon deposit types classification according to the geological and geophysical characteristics of the developed field. A block diagram has been prepared, taking into account the geological characteristics and economic indicators. New marginal areas within Dragon field are identified by analogy with the discovered deposits. Based on the results of 2018-2021works, the additional exploration, drilling and well testing have been performed on the prospects. Commercial oil-and-gas content of the discovered reservoirs are proved, additional exploration and production activities are planned. The perspectives are evaluated for applying similar methods to the neighboring fields, blocks and areas.
1. Pryzhok “Belogo Tigra” dlinoyu v 35 let...: Geologicheskoe stroenie i neftegazonosnost' shel'fovykh neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy SP “V'etsovpetro” (Leap of the "White Tiger" 35 years long…: Geological structure and oil and gas potential of offshore oil fields of Vietsovpetro JV): edited by Ty Tkhan' Ngia, Veliev M.M., St. Petersburg: Nedra Publ., 2016, 524 p.
2. Ivanov A.N., Ryumkin A.G., Kholodilov V.Yu., Geological aspects of Vietsovpetro JV oilfields (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 6, pp. 18–21, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-6-18-21
3. Ivanov A.N., Ryumkin A.G., Fedoseev M.A. et al., Using of stochastic methods for evaluation of hydrocarbon accumulation in terrigenous deposits on JV Vietsovpetro’s oil fields (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 8, pp. 6–9, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2018-8-6-9
4. Tsirkulyar, reglamentiruyushchiy polozhenie o klassifikatsii i sostavleniyu otcheta po resursam i zapasam nefti i gaza (Circular regulating the provision on the classification and compilation of a report on resources and reserves of oil and gas), Khanoy, 2020, 22 ð, https://thuvienphapluat.vn/van-ban/Tai-nguyen-Moi-truong/Thong-tu-24-2020-TT-BCT-phan-cap-va-lap-bao...
5. Ryumkin A.G., Lebedeva E.T., Ryumkin D.A., Prognoz rasprostraneniya marginal'nykh zalezhey na bloke 09-1 po geologo-geofizicheskim dannym mestorozhdeniya “Belyy Tigr” (Forecast of distribution of marginal deposits in block 09-1 based on geological and geophysical data of the White Tiger field), Collected papers “Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v neftegazovoy otrasli. Problemy ustoychivogo razvitiya” (Innovative technologies in the oil and gas industry. Problems of sustainable development), Stavropol: AGRUS Publ., 2020, pp. 137–143.
6. Il'inskiy A.A., Tan S., Strategicheskie prioritety razvitiya neftegazodobyvayushchego kompleksa (Strategic priorities for the development of the oil and gas complex), Apatity: Publ. of Kola Science Center of RAS, 2019, 132 p.
7. Il'inskiy A.A., Tan S., Sustainable development of oil-producing fields based on the marginal accumulations (In Russ.), Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 2017, V. 12, no. 3, DOI: 10.17353/2070-5379/33_2017
More or to buy article
The Artinskian productive horizon (P1ar) of the Timan-Pechora oil and gas province is represented by terrigenous-siliceous-carbonate rocks with a complex pore space (fractured, porous and complex reservoir type) and anisotropy of reservoir properties. In P1ar, carbonate-silicite, spongolithic, siltstone-argillaceous lithological-stratigraphic units are distinguished. The main oil and gas production is associated with fractured zones. As a result, the problems of identifying fractured zones and linking them to the stratigraphic intervals of the section become topical. To solve the tasks set, a comprehensive analysis of the core material, reservoir microimager data, standard and special complex of geophysical well surveys were carried out. According to this analysis data the fracture zones are confined to the upper carbonate-silicite part of the Artinskian. The diagnostic signs of rock fracturing are: 1) revealed cracks in the reservoir microimager and core material; 2) high values of Young's modulus and low values of Poisson's ratio; 3) loss of energy of the acoustic signal under the condition of minimum clay content; 4) excess of the interval time of the registered Stoneley wave over the interval time of the model Stoneley wave; 5) anisotropy of acoustic properties due to the splitting of the transverse wave into fast and slow waves when fractures appear.
In a terrigenous-siliceous-carbonate section with a complex type of pore space, such as Artinskian horizon, along with standard open hole logging methods, it is necessary to carry out special research methods. Special methods allow to get a comprehensive understanding of the type of reservoir, its physical properties, more accurately predict fracture intervals, and make decisions on horizontal wells drilling. Directly in the process of horizontal wells drilling, it becomes necessary to identify promising stratigraphic intervals using a limited set of well logging – gamma ray logging (GR) and induction logging (IR). The fractured carbonate-silicite member is marked by low values of GR due to the minimum clay content and high values of electrical resistivity, which are characteristic of siliceous-carbonate rocks. The spongolithic member is characterized by average levels of resistivity and GR. A strategy for designing and drilling horizontal wells for drainage of reservoirs in the upper and middle parts of the P1ar horizon is proposed.
1. Gayduk V.V. et al., Model' produktivnosti artinskogo gorizonta (Artinian horizon productivity model), Krasnodar: Publ. of “Rosneft' – NTTs”, 2019, 20 p.
2. Rogozin A.A. et al., Kompleksnoe issledovanie kernovogo materiala (Comprehensive study of core material), Krasnodar: Publ. of “Rosneft' – NTTs”, 2018, 238 p.
3. Alford J., Sonic logging while drilling—Shear answers, Oilfield Review, 2012, Spring, pp. 4-15.
4. Dobrynin S.V., Stenin A.V., Permeability and dynamic porosity estimation by wide-band sonic log (AKSH) (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2008, no. 4, pp. 45–49.
5. Gontarenko I.A. et al., Analiz effektivnosti sushchestvuyushchikh metodik dlya vydeleniya pronitsaemykh intervalov po shirokopolosnomu akusticheskomu karotazhu (Analysis of the efficiency of existing techniques for identification of permeable intervals from broadband acoustic logging), Krasnodar: Publ. of “Rosneft' – NTTs”, 2020, 73 p.
6. Filimonov A. et al., Obzor rezul'tatov vypolnennogo kompleksa GIS-GDK-OPK (Overview of the results of the completed wireline formation testers and wireline hydrodynamical well logging tools complex), Shlumberger, 2020, 34 p.
More or to buy article
This article is a practical sequel of the previous paper published in Oil Industry Journal in March 2021. In the previous publication authors considered the theoretical basis for using drilling mechanics parameters to predict porosity and density on the bit by calculating indicator function (rock hardness) through the drilling mechanics parameters and following function calibration in well conditions on the results of well log data (porosity and bulk density).
The present article is based on the results of technology practical testing during the geosteering of the horizontal wells. In a generalized form, the results of applying the technology for forecasting porosity and lithology on the bit based on drilling mechanics data are considered. It is shown that the accuracy of the forecast depends on the type of well path. In total four generalized types were considered: ascending, descending, horizontal, and wavy ("snake"). Approbation is carried out on groups of layers AS, BS, YUS. The main focus of the paper is on the accuracy of the convergence of rock porosity and lithology according to drilling mechanics and well logging data. Some practical explanations are given. It also outlines the difficulties that the authors encountered when introducing the technology into the production process of well geosteering. Two cases are considered in detail. On these examples we step by step analyze drilling mechanics calculations, well logging data, decisions made by the geosteering engineer during the process of drilling support, as well as and achieved drilling efficiency.
1. Luk'yanov E.E. et al., An extensive research is required for the effective studying and drilling of horizontal wells (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2019, no. 4 (298), pp. 114–134.
2. Luk'yanov E.E., Energy logging as a basis of up-to-date technologies in geologic and engineering surveys (mud logging) (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2018, no. 07–08, pp. 34–41.
3. Kolesov V.A., Sklyar K.S., Forecasting rocks reservoir properties on a bit according to the drilling mechanics data while rotary drilling horizontal sidetrack wells (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 3, pp. 54–57, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-3-54-57
4. Fedorov V.S., Proektirovanie rezhimov bureniya (Design of drilling modes), Moscow: Gostoptekhizdat Publ., 1958, 215 p.
5. Potapov Yu.F., Makhon'ko V.D., Shevaldin P.E. et al., Issledovanie zavisimostey pokazateley rabot dolot ot parametrov rezhima bureniya (Investigation of the dependencies of bit performance indicators on drilling mode parameters), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 1971, 63 p.
6. Eygeles R.M., Strekalova R.V., Raschet i optimizatsiya protsessov bureniya skvazhin (Calculation and optimization of well drilling processes), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1977, 200 p.
7. Fedorov V.S., Nauchnye osnovy rezhimov bureniya (Scientific basis of drilling regimes), Moscow: Gostoptekhizdat Publ., 1951, 248 p.
8. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po podschetu zapasov nefti i gaza ob’emnym metodom. Otsenka kharaktera nasyshchennosti po dannym GIS (Guidelines for the calculation of reserves of oil and gas by volumetric method. Assessment of the nature of saturation according to well logging): edited by Petersil’e V.I., Poroskun V.I., Yatsenko G.G., Moscow – Tver: Publ. of VNIGNI, 2003. 261 p.
More or to buy article
Production of high-viscosity oil at Boca de Jaruco field (the Republic of Cuba) involves operation of horizontal steam injection wells under cyclic temperatures of 25-300°C, H2S and CO2 action. Based on the described conditions, cement is required to maintain compressive and bending strength. Specialists of Giprovostokneft selected cement composition and carried out a research to confirm its compliance with the requirements for steam injection wells under H2S and CO2 action. When defining requirements to cementing for Boca de Jaruco steam injection wells, we performed computer modeling of static and dynamic loads during operation in casing pipe – set cement – formation system. ANSYS software was used for finite element modeling. As a result of modeling, loads on set cement were determined when casing pipe was heated to maximum temperature during steam injection and casing pipe expansion. The most significant factor to determine set cement strength behind casing pipe is its bending strength. For Boca de Jaruco wells, minimum required set cement bending strength is 6.8 MPa. Insufficient bending strength of set cement increases the risk of cement fracturing and formation of radial cracks caused by expansion of casing pipe during steam injection. Standard plugging materials were tested in H2S and CO2 environments and at temperature varied from 25 to 300°C. It was found during the research that bending strength of test samples was less than 6.8 MPa that is minimum required strength of set cement for this field. In this regard, a new composition of plugging material including 85% of Portland cement PCT-I-G-CC-1, 10% of quartz flour and 5% of fly ash has been developed in Giprovostokneft test laboratory center. It was found that after simultaneous exposure to changed temperature (5 cycles of 25-300°C) and H2S and CO2, the bending strength was 8.5 MPa, which meets the requirements determined by computer modeling. The developed plugging material was used in three Boca de Jaruco wells BJ-3004, BJ-3005, BJ-3006 for production casing cementing. According to cement bond logging results, areas having micro-damage of set cement, accumulations of water and gas are close to nonexistent. Cement quality factors determined by USIT fall were 0.88 - 0.93.
1. Vyakhirev V.I., Ippolitov V.V., Oreshkin D.V. et al., Oblegchennye i sverkhlegkie tamponazhnye rastvory (Lightweight and ultra-light grouting slurries), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1999, 180 p, ISBN 5-8365-0002-9.
2. Oreshkin D.V., High quality cement backfill materials with hollow glass microspheres (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2003, no. 7, pp. 20–31.
3. Ulyasheva N.M., Mikheev M.A., New compositions of cement slurries for cementing wells in complicated mining and geological conditions (In Russ.), Stroitel'stvo neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin na sushe i na more, 2004, no. 3, pp. 25–28.
4. RU 2 530 805 C1, Plugging material, Inventors: Karimov I.N., Agzamov F.A., Myazhitov R.S.
5. Patent RU 2 418 028 C1, Expansive plugging material, Inventors: Shul'ev Yu.V., Ryabokon' S.A., Aleksandrov I.E., Serikov A.I., Derkach M.I.
6. RU 2 359 988 C1, Oil-well composition for steam-injection wells, Inventors: Kuznetsova O.G., Fefelov Yu.V., Chugaeva O.A., Zueva N.A., Sazhina E.M.
7. Logachev Yu.L., Ulyasheva N.M., Mikheev M.A., Filonova E.V., Kompleks tekhnologicheskikh resheniy dlya povysheniya kachestva krepleniya skvazhin (A set of technological solutions to improve the quality of well casing), Proceedings of Scientific and technical conference, 22–25 April, 2014, Part 1, Ufa: Publ. of USTU, 2014, pp. 91–96.
8. Agzamov F.A., Izmukhambetov B.S., Dolgovechnost' tamponazhnogo kamnya v korrozionno-aktivnykh sredakh (Durability of cement stone in corrosive environments), St. Petersburg, Nedra Publ., 2005, 318 p.
9. Fuping F., Chi A., Yu Fahao Cui Zhihua et al., The effects of density difference on displacement interface in eccentric annulus during horizontal well cementing, The Open Petroleum Engineering Journal, 2013, V. 6, pp. 79-87, DOI:10.2174/187483410130601007910. Patent RU 2 733 872 C1, Heat-resistant backfill material for fastening wells, providing high strength under conditions of cyclically varying temperatures and action of H2S and CO2, Inventors: Akhmetov M.F., Pariychuk N.V., Shcherbakov D.V.
More or to buy article
|Oil & Gas News|
|OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT & EXPLOITATION|
Carbonate reservoirs differ significantly from their sandstone counterparts and as such require alternative reservoir engineering approaches. Improvement of efficiency of development of carbonate reservoirs with as a rule low recovery factors has become the hottest topic for researches and operators. Tatneft PJSC has performed dedicated flow-after-flow tests, which involved 36 injection wells in carbonate reservoirs to improve understanding of fluid flow in carbonate rocks. The resultant long-term pressure and rate data defy description by linear flow models. Having analyzed nonlinear flow models, we decided on a model with an exponential relationship between the transmissibility and the pressure, which yielded a high description accuracy of inflow performance relationship (IPR) curves and acceptable accuracy of long-term pressure and rate data. The obtained pressure exponential coefficient of transmissibility exceeded by an order the deformation coefficient that accounts for the exponential change of permeability in core flooding experiments. This can possibly be explained by additional account for variations in the net thickness and the effective viscosity of the displaced oil vs. variations in pressure. A high per cent (94%) of smooth IPR curves suggests that increase of injection pressure results in gradual reopening of the existing fractures, both natural and induced, rather than creation of new ones, which has been a common belief. It was found that the conventional interpretation of drawdown curves using linear flow models yields multiple overestimations of fractures’ lengths in carbonate rocks (underestimation of geothermal skin factor). A reliable fracture length cannot be determined unless injection curve(s) and the flow model accounting for conductivity vs. pressure are additionally used. The obtained relationships will be used as input data for future model studies to improve our knowledge of carbonate rocks and to enhance the efficiency of waterflooded development of hydrocarbon assets in carbonate reservoirs.
1. Bakirov A.I., Sovershenstvovanie tekhnologii izvlecheniya nefti zavodneniem iz karbonatnykh kollektorov mestorozhdeniy Tatarstana (Improving the technology of oil recovery by waterflooding from carbonate reservoirs of Tatarstan fields): thesis of candidate of technical science, Bugul'ma, 2018.
2. Molokovich Yu.M., Markov A.I., Suleymanov E.I. et al., Vyrabotka treshchinovato-poristogo kollektora nestatsionarnym drenirovaniem (Development of a fractured-porous reservoir by non-stationary drainage), Kazan': Regent" Publ., 2000, 156 p.
3. Diyashev R.N., Sovmestnaya razrabotka neftyanykh plastov (Joint development of oil reservoirs), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1984, 208 p.
4. Khabibrakhmanov A.G., Zaripov A.T., Khakimzyanov I.N. et al., Otsenka effektivnosti uplotneniya setki skvazhin na nizkopronitsaemykh karbonatnykh kollektorakh (na primere mestorozhdeniy Respubliki Tatarstan) (Evaluation of the efficiency of compaction of a grid of wells in low-permeability carbonate reservoirs (on the example of fields in the Republic of Tatarstan)), Kazan: Slovo Publ., 2017, 199 p.
5. Nugaybekov R.A., Shafigullin R.I., Kaptelinin O.V. et al., Evaluation of flooding system performance on oil deposits in carbonate reservoirs of Novo-Yelkhovskoe oil field (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2011, no. 3, pp. 94-97.
6. Mukanov A.R., Bigeldiyev A., Batu A., Kuvanyshev A.M., Features of field development with tight carbonate reservoirs by waterflooding, SPE-202534-MS, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/202534-MS
7. Ligin'kova Ya.S., Issledovanie osobennostey zavodneniya zalezhey nefti v karbonatnykh kollektorakh (na primere Gagarinskogo i Opalikhinskogo mestorozhdeniy) (Investigation of the features of waterflooding of oil deposits in carbonate reservoirs (on the example of the Gagarinskoye and Opalikhinskoye fields)), Collected papres “Problemy razrabotki mestorozhdeniy uglevodorodnykh i rudnykh poleznykh iskopaemykh” (Problems of development of deposits of hydrocarbon and ore minerals), Proceedings of XII All-Russian scientific and technical conference, Perm: Publ. of PSTU, 2019, pp. 43–45.
8. Iktisanov V.A., Bobb I.F., Ganiev B.G., Study of the problem of optimization of bottomhole pressure for fractured-porous reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, Neftyanoe khozyaystvo, 2017, no. 10, pp. 94–97, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-10-94-97
9. Iktisanov V.A., Smotrikov N.A., Baygushev A.V. et al., Injection wells’ limited bottomhole pressures in carbonate reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, Neftyanoe khozyaystvo, 2021, no. 12, pp. 94–97, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-1-70-73
10. Iktisanov V.A., A method for evaluation of the effectiveness of injection wells operation (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2020, no. 1, pp. 32–35, DOI: 10.30713/0207-2351-2020-1(613)-32-35
11. Iktisanov V.A., Opredelenie fil'tratsionnykh parametrov plastov i reologicheskikh svoystv dispersnykh sistem pri razrabotke neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Determination of filtration parameters of reservoirs and rheological properties of disperse systems in the development of oil fields), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 2001, 212 p.
12. Gorbunov A.T., Razrabotka anomal'nykh neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Development of abnormal oil fields), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 237 p.13. Dobrynin V.M., Deformatsii i izmeneniya fizicheskikh svoystv kollektorov nefti i gaza (Deformations and changes in the physical properties of oil and gas collectors), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1970, 237 p.
More or to buy article
The article considers a method for evaluating the optimal distance between wells based on CRM (capacitance-resistive models) in the case of Achimov formation. Achimov formation is characterized by a complex geological structure (low permeability, the presence of isolated interlayers, high heterogeneity). These properties are the reason for the low sweep efficiency. At the same time, design solutions for medium productive sediments of the Cretaceous and Jurassic complex are not applicable for Achimov formation development. Substantiating of the pattern, as a rule, is based on carrying out various hydrodynamic calculations. This approach for determining the drainage radius often leads to the selection of high spacing grid because simulation model does not take into account the actual discontinuity and heterogeneity of the reservoir. Using an alternative method to determine the size of the drainage area such as hydrodynamical study in low permeability conditions leads to the need for well shutoff for a long time that causes mining loss. In this study the CRM based on material balance equation is used to determine the optimal inter-well distance. The method allows to estimate the drained pore volume based on history match to well performance. The optimal distance between the wells is determined from the condition of alignment of the outer boundaries of the drainage zone. In this work, the method is approved on the Achimov formation of the Kogalymskoe field. Evaluation of the drained reservoir volumes was carried out, and the optimal pattern was calculated. This distance is also a significant parameter in assessing the potential impact of injection. The performed analysis allows to estimate the optimal inter-well distance, significantly reducing the time expenditures in comparison with the use of hydrodynamic calculations.
1. Bukatov M.V., Peskova D.N., Nenasheva M.G. et al., Key problems of Achimov deposits development on the different scales of studying (In Russ.), Proneft'. Professional'no o nefti, 2018, no. 2, pp. 16–21, DOI: 10.24887/2587-7399-2018-2-16-21
2. Cherevko M.A., Optimizatsiya sistemy gorizontal'nykh skvazhin i treshchin pri razrabotke ul'tranizkopronitsaemykh kollektorov (Optimization of a system of horizontal wells and fractures in the development of ultra-low-permeability reservoirs): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumen, 2015.
3. Shorokhov A.N., Azamatov M.A., Artamonov A.A., Some specific general features of performing multi-stage hydraulic fracturing for horizontal wells (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2013, no. 5, pp. 46-51.
4. Nenasheva M.G., Okunev M.V., Sleta N.V. et al., The best practices and approaches for replication of Achimov formation development technologies (In Russ.), SPE-191473-18RPTC-RU, 2018, DOI:10.2118/191473-18RPTC-MS
5. Asalkhuzina G.F., Davletbaev A.Ya., Khabibullin I.L., Modeling of the reservoir pressure difference between injection and production wells in low permeable reservoirs (In Russ.), Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta, 2016, V. 21, no. 3, pp. 537–544.
6. Cherevko S.A., Yanin A.N., Analysis of the problem related to the choice of systems of low-permeable formations development in the large oil fields of the Western Siberia (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2017, no. 9, pp. 5–11.
7. Baykov V.A., Zhdanov R.M., Mullagaliev T.I., Usmanov T.S., Selecting the optimal system design for the fields with low-permeability reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2011, no. 1, pp. 84–98.
8. Shupik N.V., Povyshenie effektivnosti ploshchadnykh sistem zavodneniya nizkopronitsaemykh plastov Zapadnoy Sibiri (Improving the efficiency of pattern waterflooding of low-permeability formations in Western Siberia): thesis of candidate of technical science, Moscow, 2017.
9. Sayarpour M., Development and application of capacitance-resistive models to water/CO2 floods: Ph.D. diss., Austin: University of Texas at Austin, USA, 2008.
10. Ruchkin A.A., Stepanov S.V., Knyazev A.V. et al., Applying CRM model to study well interference (In Russ.), Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskoe modelirovanie. Neft', gaz, energetika = Tyumen State University Herald. Physical and Mathematical Modeling. Oil, Gas, Energy, 2018, V. 4, no. 4, pp. 148–168.11. Dan'ko M.Yu., Brilliant L.S., Zav'yalov A.S., Application of dynamic material balance method and CRM method (capacitance-resistive models) for reserves assessment in Achimov and Bazhenov reservoirs (Application of the dynamic material balance method and the CRM method to the calculation of the reserves of the Achimov and Bazhenov reservoirs), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2019, no. 4 (80), pp. 76–85.
More or to buy article
The article summarizes the analysis of the current state of development of an oil-gas-condensate field in Eastern Siberia. It is revealed a sharp decrease in the productivity index of horizontal wells when the water cut changes from 0 to 10–15%. This fact significantly affects the achievement of designed technological indicators of well operation. Based on the analysis, the influence of the characteristics and structure of the two-phase flow in the reservoir in the the Lower Neokomian subformation on the decrease in the productivity index is established. Characteristic geological and geophysical features for hydrophobic and hydrophilic rocks are identified and described. A comprehensive study of the movement of individual phases in a multi-phase flow is based on the Buckley – Leverett theory, we used the equation for determining the proportion of water in the total fluid flow at any point in a porous medium. The paper investigates the nature of the relationship between the mobility of a two-phase flow and the productivity index of wells during the operation of a hydrophobic reservoir, and also interprets the results of studying the dependence of the productivity factor on water cut. The reason for the sharp decrease in the productivity index of wells in the hydrophobic reservoir of the studied oil-gas-condensate field with a low initial water cut is revealed. It is concluded that for the geological and physical conditions of the reservoir in the Lower Neokomian subformation, the change in the value of the productivity index occurs according to hyperbole and with a water cut of well production of 5-8%, its multiple decrease is noted - by 2-5 times. The established pattern of changes in the productivity factor of wells at the initial stages of watering must be taken into account when planning geological and technical measures when developing a hydrophobic reservoir.
1. Kreyg F.F., Razrabotka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy pri zavodnenii (Applied waterflood field development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1974, 192 p.
2. Wolcott D., Applied waterflood field development, Publ. of Schlumberger, 2001, 142 p.
3. Wang D., Wang G., Xia H., Large scale high viscous-elastic fluid flooding in the field achieves high recoveries, SPE-144294-MS, 2011, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/144294-MS
4. Il'yasov I.R., Justification of the polymer type and parameters for the efficient oil displacement during polymer flooding (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2021, pp. 23–29, DOI: 10.33285/0207-2351-2021-10(634)-23-29
More or to buy article
In recent years, more and more fields with low-permeability reservoirs have been actively developed. It is known that the development of oil deposits in low-permeable reservoirs is characterized by the manifestation of abnormal properties of reservoir systems. At small differences in reservoir pressure per unit length, there is a deviation from the law of linear filtration (Darcy's law). It is established that liquid filtration begins after creating a certain initial pressure drop (gradient) between the input and output cross sections of the core samples. The initial reservoir pressure gradient is an important technological parameter necessary for evaluating the production capacity of low-permeability reservoirs.
The article presents the results of laboratory studies of liquid filtration on samples of low-permeable core taken from the AC3 reservoir of the V.N. Vinogradov field. The analysis and interpretation of the research results were carried out in two ways. The first way of interpretation is to extrapolate the linear part of the filtration curve (previously proposed by specialists of RN-UfaNIPIneft). A new approach to processing laboratory data by linearization of the nonlinear part of the filtration equation allows using all the study points for each of the core samples. As a result of the interpretation, experimental dependences of the initial pressure gradient on the effective oil permeability are constructed. A comparison of the dependencies obtained using the linearization method and using extrapolation of the linear part of the filtration dependence shows their good convergence. On the basis of the sector hydrodynamic model of the AC3 reservoir, calculations were carried out taking into account certain experimental data.
1. Baykov V.A., Galeev R.R., Kolonskikh A.V., Makatrov A.K. et al., Nonlinear filtration in low-permeability reservoirs. Analisys and interpretation of laboratory core examination for Priobskoye oilfield (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO “NK “Rosneft'”, 2013, no. 2, pp. 8–12.
2. Basniev K.S., Kochina I.N., Maksimov V.M., Podzemnaya gidromekhanika (Underground hydromechanics), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1993, 416 p.
3. Deryagin B.V., Churaev N.V., Ovcharenko F.D., Voda v dispersnykh sistemakh (Water in dispersed systems), Moscow: Khimiya Publ., 1989, 288 p.
4. Tumanova E.S., Substantiation of nonlinear filtration parameters in a simulation model of an oil deposit with a low-permeability reservoir (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2020, no. 5, pp. 20–25, DOI: 10.30713/0207-2351-2020-5(617)-20-25
More or to buy article
The article presents the results of a study of the environmental and technological problem of oil-saturated reservoir pollution by technical water injected for oil displacement and reservoir pressure maintenance. This problem is considered on the example of a productive formation developed within one of the fields in the Perm region. It is noted that during the injection of technical water, an intensive degradation of reservoir properties is observed. The reservoir properties degradation is associated with clogging of filtration channels with mechanical impurities contained in technical water, swelling of clay minerals of the rock, and reproduction of microorganisms. The analysis of existing methods for solving this problem is carried out. For the object under consideration, an approach is proposed, which consists in the transition from the injection of technical water to the injection of produced water in order to reduce the clogging effect. This technology is widely known in the oil and gas industry and is characterized by high efficiency in the presence of certain features of the geological structure of the development object and the movement of fluids in the pore space of the reservoir rock. A comprehensive assessment of the effectiveness of the proposed approach is given. In order to substantiate the possibility and expediency of its implementation at the object under consideration, a series of laboratory studies was carried out using various methods, including filtration and X-ray tomography. The results of laboratory studies were used to carry out calculations on a hydrodynamic model. The results of calculations for the basic and proposed variants confirmed the technological efficiency of the transition from technical water to produced water. The conducted studies have shown the feasibility of injecting produced water: this will make it possible to achieve target parameters and reduce environmental risks in the process of field development.
1. Mahmoud M., Elkatatny S., Abdelgawad K.Z., Using high-and low-salinity seawater injection to maintain the oil reservoir pressure without damage, Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology, 2017, V. 7, no. 2, pp. 589–596, DOI: 10.1007/s13202-016-0279-x
2. Jia B., Carbonated water injection (CWI) for improved oil recovery and carbon storage in high-salinity carbonate reservoir, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2019, V. 104, pp. 82–93, DOI: 10.1016/j.jtice.2019.08.014
3. Lee Y. et al., Oil recovery by low-salinity polymer flooding in carbonate oil reservoirs, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2019, V. 181, pp. 106–211, DOI: 10.1016/j.petrol.2019.106211
4. Mashorin V.A., Substantiation of fresh water usage for formation pressure maintaining of oil fields (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2014, no. 10, pp. 27–31.
5. Abdeli D.Z., Seiden A.B., High performance water treatment technology for the reservoir pressure maintenance at oil fields, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research and Developments, 2018, V. 41, no. 4, pp. 66–81, DOI: 10.26480/jmerd.04.2018.66.81
6. Ibragimov N.G. et al., O mekhanizme kol'matatsii priskvazhinnoy zony nagnetatel'nykh skvazhin i fiziko-khimicheskom sposobe ee ochistki (On the mechanism of colmatation of the near-wellbore zone of injection wells and the physico-chemical method of its cleaning), Proceedings of TatNIPIneft', 2015, pp. 207–215.
7. Dejak M., The next-generation water filter for the oil and gas industry, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 2013, V. 65, no. 10, pp. 32–35, DOI: 10.2118/1013-0032-JPT
8. Vylomov D.D., Shtin N.A., Tsepelev V.P., Optimization of the reservoir pressure maintenance system by changing the injection agent from fresh water to reservoir water (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 7, pp. 97–99, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2020-7-97-99
9. Nazarov V.D. et al., Preparation of produced water for pressure maintenance system in low permeable oil reservoir (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2017, no. 6, URL: http://ogbus.ru/files/ogbus/issues/6_2017/ogbus_6_2017_p35-56_NazarovVD_ru.pdf
10. Kudryashova L.V., Quality monitoring of oilfield water in Tatneft OAO (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 7, pp. 58–60.11. Mironov E.A., Zakachka stochnykh vod neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy v produktivnye i pogloshchayushchie gorizonty (Injection of wastewater of oil fields to the productive and lost circulation horizons), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1976, 168 p.
More or to buy article
|OIL FIELD EQUIPMENT|
Current trend is the need of oil companies in various flowrates ESP with sufficient head and high efficiency in order to produce fluid with lowest energy consumption. The purpose of the research is to identify the scope of the ESP centrifugal stage with vortex crown in the oil and gas industry and a detailed analysis of this type of equipment. Both numerous bench tests of vane pumps with centrifugal-vortex stages of various manufacturers were carried out, as well as a deeper study of the working process of ESP centrifugal-vortex stages with obtaining the energy characteristics of these stages using numerical experiments. The software package for computational fluid dynamics SolidWorks FlowSimulation was used to carry out the computational study. The dependence of the impeller’s axial force on the flowrate, viscosity and density of the liquid for one of the Russian manufacturers of centrifugal-vortex stage was determined. The resulting dependence allows to determine the impeller ‘floating’ mode. A feature of impellers with a vortex crown has been revealed. The magnitude of the axial force acting on the impeller at modes closer to optimal flowrate is significantly less than that of impellers without a vortex crown. It has been proved that an increase in the viscosity of the pumped liquid leads to a shift in the mode of changing the direction of the axial force acting on the impeller with a vortex crown towards lower flowrates, and therefore, the impellers emerge at a significantly lower flow compared to water pumping mode, and this phenomenon negatively affects the resource of the ESP at downhole conditions.
1. Ageev Sh.R., Kuprin P., Mel'nikov M. et al., Highly reliable centrifugal plants for oil recovery in difficult conditions (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2006, no. 4, pp. 30–33.
2. Ageev Sh.R., Druzhinin E.Yu., Kryuchkova M.D., The concept of using high-speed installations of elec-tro-slurry pumps for oil production (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2018, no. 5, pp. 54–59.
3. Ageev Sh.R., Kuprin P.B., Maslov V.N. et al., Nadezhnye tsentrobezhnye ustanovki s maloy podachey dlya dobychi nefti v oslozhnennykh usloviyakh (Reliable low-flow centrifugal units for oil recovery in chal-lenging conditions), Moscow: Publ. of OKB. KONNAS, 2005, 98 p.
4. Trulev A.V., Sabirov A.A., Sibirev S.V. et al., Submersible ESP with wide channels in the flow path for production of formation fluid from marginal wells with a high content of solids (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2017, no. 1–2, pp. 60–63.
5. Dolov T.R., Donskoy Yu.A., The influence of the quality of esp stages manufacturing on their energy characteristics (In Russ.), Oborudovanie i tekhnologii dlya neftegazovogo kompleksa, 2019, no. 5 (113), pp. 16–19.
6. Dolov T.R., Donskoy Yu.A., Ivanovskiy A.V. et al., To the question of the characteristics dependence of vane pumps stages on the test conditions (In Russ.), Oborudovanie i tekhnologii dlya neftegazovogo kompleksa, 2020, no. 2 (116), pp. 23–26.
7. Guzovic Z., Predin A., Performances and flow analysis in the centrifugal Vortex pump, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 2014, V. 135, pp. 117–125.8. Mihalić T., Guzović Z., Predin A., CFD flow analysis in the centrifugal vortex pump, International Jour-nal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, 2014, V. 24, no. 3, pp. 545–562.
More or to buy article
The paper covers the study results of corrosion activity within the process and subsea pipelines, equipment for gathering, transport and treatment of oil-gas-fluid mixture and associated gas at Vietsovpetro offshore facilities. The analyse results, obtained during 2015-2020, showed that the associated gas incoming to compressor stations contains the following concentrations of components: ÑÎ2 up to 1.25%, H2S up to 50 mg/l, Í2O up to 2.0 g/m3, and may have the high corrosive activity. Based on the results of corrosion monitoring in the subsea pipelines of low-pressure gas and gaslift at the compressor stations, it may be concluded that the actual corrosion rates are low (0.018-0.042 mm/year). However, the process pipelines and compressor platforms’ equipment undergo higher internal corrosion due to higher operation temperatures and humidity of the treated associated gas. Corrosion rate in the process equipment may reach 0.35 mm/year, requiring additional corrosion control actions. Corrosion activity of well stream within the gathering, transportation and treatment system of oil and production water at the at Vietsovpetro offshore facilities depends on the presence of associated water (60% in average), leading to the increased probability of corrosion processes within the oil-gas-fluid mixtures pipelines by a higher content of single water phase. According to the results of direct measuring in the associated water, the corrosion rate for carbon steel is 0.04-0.22 mm/year. Active local corrosion is observed in the pipelines of production water treatment modules at technology platforms prior to sea dumping. Corrosion rate for the water treatment equipment (degasser, electrohydrator, sludge tanks, caissons) exceeds 1.5 mm/year and depends on the presence of dissolved oxygen during the technological process of removing the residual oil from the reservoir water prior to discharge into the sea. To control the corrosion activity in the pipelines and equipment at the offshore facilities at Vietsovpetro, the following measures have been successfully applied: corrosion inhibitor injection, replacement of carbon steel to corrosion-resistant materials, deployment of corrosion monitoring system.
1. Medvedeva M.L., Korroziya i zashchita ot korrozii oborudovaniya pri pererabotke nefti i gaza (Corrosion and corrosion protection of the equipment in the of oil and gas refining), Moscow: Neft' i Gaz Publ., 2005, 312 p.
2. De Waard C., Lotz U., Prediction of CO2 corrosion of carbon steel, CORROSION, 1993, V. 6, no. 2, pp. 3–32.
3. Savel'ev V.V., Ivanov A.N., Chernyad'ev I.N., The inhibitor protection of gas-lift pipelines in Vietsovpetro JV (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 5, pp. 68–71, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2020-5-68-71
4. Zapevalov D.N., Vagapov R.K., Mel'sitdinova R.A., Assessing corrosion environment and internal corrosion remedies for offshore objects (In Russ.), Vesti gazovoy nauki, 2018, no. 4 (36), pp. 79-86.
More or to buy article
To ensure the safety of crossings under roads and railways, pipelines are equipped with protective tubes. In this case, the choice of casing parameters of the protective tube is made because of the requirements for ensuring mechanical strength, stability, safety, and tightness of the tubular annulus. To ensure a guaranteed gap between the pipeline and the protective tube, as well as the absence of electrical contact when laying the pipeline in the case, support-guide rings are used, which are mounted on a rubber gasket with bolted connections. The space between the protective tube and the oil pipeline is sealed with rubber cuffs. Cuffs are installed at both ends of the protective tube. However, ensuring the tightness of the medium during a long service life is not always possible to achieve, as a result of which the insulating coating of the pipeline and the metal of the casing can be subjected to corrosive effects of the external environment. Given that, the assessment of the actual state of the transitions and the identification of the above complications for pipelines that are not subject to technical diagnostics using in-line diagnostics is a significant problem. In practice, they resort to indirect methods for assessing the technical condition of pipelines based on various physical principles (electrical, acoustic, etc.), which do not provide sufficient accuracy. In foreign countries operational remote control is implemented in the form of portable small-sized inspection devices for assessing the state of the annular space and the inner surface of the protective casing. In this article, the technological difficulties of designing the main elements are considered, the structural scheme is described, and the calculations are made for the main element of a small-sized inspection device - magnetic running wheels. The results obtained allow us to proceed to the next stage – the creation of a prototype of the inspection device.
1. Vershilovich V.A., Cases on gas pipelines. Monitoring, maintenance and repair (In Russ.), Gazovye tekhnologii, 2020, no. 2, pp. 39–43.
2. Fedorov Yu.Yu., Burenina O.N., Vasil'ev S.V., Ksenofontov P.V., Enhancing safety of underground gas pipelines in protective shields (In Russ.), Gazovaya promyshlennost', 2019, no. 7(787), pp. 88–92.
3. Guseynli E.I., Eminov R.A., Ibragimova A.E., Comprehensive method to determine flow areas of perforation damages in subsea pipelines with culverts (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2019, V. 9, no. 6, pp. 660–665, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2019-9-6-660-665
4. Sal'nikov A.V., Kosheleva O.P., Kuz'bozhev A.S., Berillo I.N., Method of definition of the pipeline actual position in a case (In Russ.), Zashchita okruzhayushchey sredy v neftegazovom komplekse, 2014, no. 3, pp. 12–15.
5. Bondarenko A.I., Technological features of flaw detection of extended pipelines by low-frequency guided waves (In Russ.), Tekhnicheskaya diagnostika i nerazrushayushchiy kontrol', 2009, no. 2, pp. 42–49.
6. Seredenok V.A., Razrabotka metodiki rekonstruktsii magistral'nykh gazoprovodov metodom “truba v trube” na oslozhnennykh uchastkakh trassy (Development of a methodology for the reconstruction of main gas pipelines using the "pipe in pipe" method on complicated sections of the route): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ukhta, 2020.
7. Robotic cased pipeline inspection, URL: https://ulcrobotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ULC_Cased-Pipeline-Inspection.pdf8. Cased pipe inspection via Vents/ Technology brief (NYSEARCH), URL: https://www.nysearch.org/tech_briefs/M2011-007_CasingVents_TBv2011_012412.pdf
More or to buy article
The article is devoted to issue of technical diagnostics of oil and gas pumping equipment. Modern methods of technical diagnostics used in the oil and gas industry currently do not meet the modern requirements of automation and digitalization. The main sources of information for technical diagnostics are the values of vibration on the surface of the equipment, general parameters of the unit, temperature, acoustic parameters, information about the state of the oil, electrical parameters of the electric drive. All these methods are more or less empirical, difficult to automate, and require experimental work. Therefore, at the moment it is difficult to carry out automation, digitalization and transition to maintenance of equipment according to the actual technical condition on their basis. To solve this problem, the author develops a new method of equipment diagnostics, which uses force measurements at certain points of the equipment using three-axis load cells. By processing the measurements in real time, it is possible to obtain the spectra of forces and phases at each control point, and then, using the developed mathematical model, determine the exact coordinates of the source of vibrations in space – the defect. Together with the information about the frequency and intensity of vibrations, it is possible to identify the defect with high accuracy. A computer simulation of the application of the method was carried out, which showed high accuracy in determining the location of the sources of vibrations. Accordingly, the assumptions made do not affect the reliability of the developed mathematical model and the formulas presented.
1. Valeev A.V., Mastobaev B.N., Movsumzade E.M., Tashbulatov R.R., Developing a method for diagnostics of oil and gas pumping equipment using three-axis strain gauge sensor (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 1, pp. 92–95. – DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-1-92-95
2. RD-75.200.00-KTN-119-16. Magistral'nyy truboprovodnyy transport nefti i nefteproduktov. Tekhnicheskoe obsluzhivanie i remont mekhano-tekhnologicheskogo oborudovaniya i sooruzheniy NPS (Main pipeline transportation of oil and oil products. Maintenance and repair of mechanical and technological equipment and structures of oil pumping stations), Moscow: Publ. of Transneft, 2016.
3. Valeev A.R., Mastobaev B.N., Karimov R.M., Tashbulatov R.R., Development of a method for determining the geometrical position of defects of the pumping equipment using remote strain gauge analysis (In Russ.), Transport i khranenie nefteproduktov i uglevodorodnogo syr'ya, 2019, no. 3, pp. 11–15, DOI: 10.24411/0131-4270-2019-10302
4. Valeev A.R., Mastobaev B.N., Karimov R.M. et al., Approval of the method for determining the geometrical position of multiple defects of the pumping equipment using remote strain gauge analysis (In Russ.), Transport i khranenie nefteproduktov i uglevodorodnogo syr'ya, 2019, no. 4, pp. 5–10, DOI:10.24411/0131-4270-2019-10401
More or to buy article
This article discusses the design of a reinforced thermoplastic pipe (RTP) with a mesh frame and provides an overview of analytical methods for determining the stresses arising in these pipes under the action of internal pressure. It is necessary to determine the stresses arising in the RTP in order to assess the strength of the structure and the loads allowed for it. The purpose of this work is to evaluate the accuracy of analytical methods describing the stress-strain state of pipes. For this, an experimental study was carried out to determine the breaking pressure and mechanical properties of materials (Young's modulus, Poisson's ratio, coefficient of linear thermal expansion, yield stress and ultimate strength). Since all the considered analytical methods are intended to describe the stress-strain state of pipes in the elastic deformation zone, it would be incorrect to use directly the data obtained in the course of the experimental study. In this regard, based on the obtained experimental data, numerical models were built and adapted in the ANSYS software package. The condition for the destruction of the numerical model was the achievement of the equivalent stresses calculated according to Mises (energy (fourth) theory of strength), the ultimate strength in at least one of the materials of the structure. Then, using the adapted models by the finite element method, the stresses arising from the action of a lower internal pressure and not exceeding the yield strength of the materials were calculated. Based on the results obtained, an analysis of analytical methods was carried out and conclusions were drawn about the possibility of their application to describe the stress-strain state of a RTP with a mesh frame.
1. Anoshkin A.N., Zuyko V.Yu., Ivanov S.G., Stress-strain analysis and strength prediction of metal-reinforced thermoplastic gas pipes (In Russ.), Vestnik SamGU. Estestvennonauchnaya seriya, 2007, no. 6 (56), pp. 419–426.
2. Gorilovskiy M.I., Gvozdev I.V., Shvabauer V.V., On the issue of strength calculation of reinforced polymer pipes (In Russ.), Polimernye truby, 2005, no. 2, pp. 22–25.
3. Bai Q., Bai Y., Ruan W., Flexible pipes: Advances in pipes and pipelines: Flexible pipes, DOI:10.1002/9781119041290
4. GOST project “Truboprovody promyslovye polimernye, armirovannye metallicheskim karkasom. Pravila proektirovaniya i stroitel'stva” (Field polymer pipelines, reinforced with a metal frame. Design and construction rules), URL: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/554503317
More or to buy article
The article provides a description and results of pilot industrial tests that took place in 2020-2021 at the enterprise of Rosneft Oil Company - Syzran Oil Refinery. The object of testing for the first time was the Private LTE wireless data transmission technology, which was based on equipment and software from domestic manufacturers. Before the pilot tests in Syzran, Russian companies tested only private LTE networks created on the basis of foreign software and equipment. The article presents the applied digital solutions operating on the private LTE network of Rosneft Oil Company, including the development of Mobile Employee, a video data monitoring system, a video surveillance system for filming objects of any type, an automated system for monitoring and metering of electricity, a hardware and software complex for monitoring personnel based on wearable wireless search and intercom devices and others. Most of the described digital solutions are also developed by Russian companies. The pilot tests in Syzran was preceded by tests of Private LTE in the laboratory of the one of Russians concern, where a demonstration test stand was deployed. The pilot tests directly included two stages: testing of the hardware - radio equipment responsible for the operation of the Private LTE network, as well as testing of the LTE communication itself and a set of digital solutions based on it. The pilot tests allowed to come to the following conclusions: Private LTE technology will help the Rosneft’s enterprises to abandon part of the current costs or optimize them, and applied digital solutions that are part of the Private LTE ecosystem will contribute to accelerated digitalization.
1. Makarova Yu., Virusnyy spros: zachem biznesu ponadobilis' sobstvennye LTE-seti (Viral demand: why businesses need their own LTE networks), RBK, 26.08.2021, URL: https://trends.rbc.ru/trends/industry/cmrm/60d5c1359a794795a86d01fb
2. IDC forecasts the private LTE/5G infrastructure market to reach $5.7 billion in 2024 as demand from mission-critical organizations drives early investment, 14.01.2021, URL: https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS47318621
3. Private LTE market: Global industry trends, share, size, growth, opportunity and forecast 2022-2027. Report, IMARC Group, 2022, 147 p.
4. Korporativnye seti Private LTE/5G-Ready v Rossii: geografiya i otraslevaya prinadlezhnost' predpriyatiy (Private LTE/5G-Ready corporate networks in Russia: geography and industry affiliation of enterprises), COMNEWS, 26.05.2021, URL: https://www.comnews.ru/content/214409/2021-05-26/2021-w21/korporativnye-seti-private-lte5g-ready-ros...http://komitet2-13.km.duma.gov.ru/Rabota/Rekomendacii-po-itogam-meropriyatij/item/28298238/
More or to buy article
|HISTORY OF OIL INDUSTRY|
More or to buy article