The article presents the Rosneft’s experience in designing autonomous inflow control devices and the prospect of this equipment using at the oil-gas-condensate field. Most of the reservoirs of the Tagulskoye field belong to continental deposits, which are characterized by a strong variability and the presence of unpredictable replacement zones. At the same time, different fluid contacts can be distinguished in the reservoirs of one formation due to the lenticular structure. The main difficulties during the Tagulskoye field development are related to undesirable fluids inflow into production wells; a decrease in reservoir pressure due to a shift in the input of reservoir pressure maintenance system; technological problems in isolation of gas- and water-saturated intervals. In connection with the above reasons, the Tagulskoye field is developing using such technologies as drilling multilateral wells according to the fishbone design, inflow control devices (ICD) and well operation at minimum drawdowns. The process of choosing passive or autonomous ICD is considered. Bench testing and the process of selecting candidates for using the ICD are described. The expected results when using ICD are given. Technical and economic assessment and the planned effect from the introduction of this technology are discussed. When the effectiveness of this technology is confirmed, the use of autonomous ICD in the project fund will increase the production of seams in the zone of contact reserves. Based on the results of the trial operation, a decision will be made to replicate the use of autonomous inflow control devices within the perimeter of Rosneft Oil Company.
1. Vladimirov I.V., Problemy razrabotki kontaktnykh vodoneftyanykh zon (Problems of development of contact oil-water zones), Collected papers “Povyshenie effektivnosti razrabotki trudnoizvlekaemykh zapasov” (Improving the efficiency of developing hard-to-recover reserves), Proceedings of VNIIneft', 2008, V. 138.
2. Milyushkina A.S., Urvantsev R.V., Application estimation of the choke type inflow control devices in the conditions of the lower cretaceous sediments of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Mezhdunarodnyy studencheskiy nauchnyy vestnik, 2018, no. 2.
3. Akhmadeev R.F., Ayushinov S.P., Islamov R.R. et al., Justification of using inflow control devices for the effective development of oil rims (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 12, pp. 124–127, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-12-124-127
4. Zaripov A.T., Shaykhutdinov D.K., Bisenova A.A., Assessment of feasibility of inflow control devices to produce extra-heavy oil reserves of Tatneft PJSC (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 7, pp. 44–46, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-7-44-46
5. Vasil'ev V.V., Vasil'ev V.N., El'sov P.V. et al., Application of inflow control devices in horizontal sidetrack wells in formation AB4-5 of the Samotlorskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 4, pp. 84–88, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2018-4-84-88