In this article Rosneft Oil Company approaches to problems of industrial safety improvement are presented with application of risk management means. In Company since 2018 the project of health, safety and environmental (HSE) protection risks management has been executed. A common property of all modern production activities management systems of large companies is the element dedicated to risk management. HSE risk management process objective in Company is implementation and maintenance in terms of all the revealed hazards of proper and sufficient management measures, which correspond to the level of assessed risk, but also provided with necessary resources, distinguished on priority basis, and approved in Company on the corresponding management level. Basic selected process means are single risk matrix and risk analysis method “Bow tie diagram”. The implemented approaches to Company HSE risk management are innovative and advantageous due to their proactivity and structuredness. The condition and security of successful introduction of the process is engagement of Company employees at all levels. The experience of process introduction has demonstrated the efficiency of applied “Bow tie diagram” method, which apart from provision of the basic objectives achievement, presented opportunities of advanced key performance indicators formation, corresponding to self-monitoring, analysis and reporting technology criteria, based on assessment of preventive and responsive safety barriers. Moreover the process introduction experience presented the opportunity of improvement of incident investigation procedures and implementation of HSE risk-oriented control.
1. Kulagin V.A., Sivokon' I.S., Pronina E.S. et al., Experience of introducing PSER indicators as a tool to manage process safety (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 11, pp. 68–71, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-11-68-71
2. Lutchman Ch., Evans D., Ghanem W., Maharaj R., Fundamentals of an operationally excellent management system, USA, Boca Roton: CRC Press, 2015, 456 p.
3. Operations Integrity Management System, ExxonMobil, URL: https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/-/media/Global/Files/risk-management-and-safety/OIMS-Framework-Broc... (exxonmobil.com)
4. Health, safety and environmental management system, Phillips 66, URL: https://clck.ru/P5tYZ
5. BP Sustainability Report 2019, URL: https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/business-sites/en/global/corporate/pdfs/sustainability/group-repor...
6. An overview for Chevron leaders and OE practitioners. Operational excellence management system, URL: https://www.chevron.com/-/media/shared-media/documents/OEMS_Overview.pdf
7. Sivokon' I.C., Upravlenie tselostnost'yu infrastruktury. Teoriya i praktika (Infrastructure Integrity Management. Theory and practice), Moscow: Izdatel'skiy dom Nedra Publ., 2014, 271 p.
8. Barometr riskov Allianz: s kakimi riskami stolknutsya kompanii v 2019 godu (Allianz risk barometer: What risks companies face in 2019), URL: https://www.allianz.ru/ru_RU/shared/press-center/press-releases/barometr-riskov-allianz-s-kakimi-ris...
9. Bow ties risk management: a concept book for process safety/CCPS, Energy Institute, London. – USA, Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2018,180 p.
10. Sivokon' I.S., V.A. Kulagin, Anfimov M.V., Target programs formation methodology on prevention of major incidents at production (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 2, pp. 102-105, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-2-102-105