Corrosion is one of the main causes of failure of large structures, structures, machinery and equipment, including oil-trunk pipelines. The failure rate of any pipeline system due to corrosion damage of metal can be more than 70%. The main way to protect against corrosion of the linear part of the main oil pipelines is the use of non-metallic coatings together with electrochemical protection. Despite the simplicity of the principles of the action of passive and active corrosion protection during their implementation on main oil pipelines, a number of difficulties arise. For example, the latter are associated with the need for simultaneous application of anticorrosion coatings of various types and technical condition; the operation of cathodic protection stations with structural differences and different efficiencies; insufficient development of remote monitoring of electrochemical protection systems. Some issues with anode grounding and reference electrodes. In this regard, bringing the technical state of the anti-corrosion protection equipment to a level that meets the requirements of modern oil and gas technologies is an urgent task, the decision of which will ensure the reliability and safety of oil transport systems. The technique of ranking the sections of main oil pipelines in terms of the degree of corrosive hazard using data of in-pipe diagnostics is considered, as well as the methodology for determining the optimum operation modes of the cathodic protection stations, which reduce the specific accidents of main oil pipelines and increase the fire and industrial safety of their operation. The results of calculating the fire risks of maintenance personnel at the oil-trunk pipeline section are presented in the course of implementing measures to improve the means of electrochemical protection.
1. Aginey R.V., Aleksandrov Yu.V., Aktual'nye voprosy zashchity ot korrozii dlitel'no ekspluatiruemykh magistral'nykh gazonefteprovodov (Topical issues of corrosion protection for long-term using main gas and oil pipelines), St. Petersburg: Nedra Publ., 2012, 394 p.
2. Gareev A.G., Nasibullina O.A., Ibragimov I.G., Evaluation of the performance of pipes with corrosion defects (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2016, no. 4 (106), pp. 126–136.
3. Rizvanov R.G., Mulikov D.Sh., Karetnikov D.V. et al., Corrosion resistance of “tube – tubesheet” weld joint obtained by friction welding, Nanotehnologii v stroitel’stve = Nanotechnologies in Construction, 2017, V. 9, no. 4, pp. 97–115.
4. Faritov A.T., Rozhdestvenskii Yu.G., Yamshchikova S.A. et al., Improvement of the linear polarization resistance method for testing steel corrosion inhibitors, Russian Metallurgy (Metally), 2016, V. 11, pp. 1035–1041.
5. Gareev A.G., Nasibullina O.A., Rizvanov R.G., Khazhiev A.G., Study of the inner surface of the oil gathering pipeline in the Northern Krasnoyarsk field (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2016, no. 2 (104), pp. 58–64.
6. Latypov O.R., Bugai D.E., Boev E.V., Method of controlling electrochemical parameters of oil industry processing liquids, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, 2015, V. 51, no. 3, pp. 283–285.
7. Skuridin N.N., Methodical approach to assessing the corrosion hazard areas of pipelines according to the trunk pipeline pigging (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2012, no. 4, pp. 99–101.
8. Skuridin N.N., Korzinin V.Yu., Borodenko D.V., Testing of the statistical data processing methods of corrosion and inline inspections for the corrosion condition assessment of JSC "Transneft" trunk pipelines (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2015, no. 1 (17), pp. 74–79.