New experimental data of bound water volume change during long reservoir production of Pashiskiy horizon and theoretical explanation of its phenomena
Key words: connate water, oil reservoir, fresh water injection, water salinity in pore space, long oilfield production history, adsorbtion process
Authors: V.S. Afanacjev (MGRI-RSGPU, RF, Moscow), R.S. Khasanov (Tatneft PJSC, RF, Almetyevsk)
A new set of data is proposed regarding change of residual oil saturation in oil reservoir with long production history under water injection with fresh water. Under the circumstances the injected water is getting mixed with higher salinity reservoir water in rock pore space. As a result the amount of connate water in rock pores is increasing while dynamic change of adsorbtion process parameters is taking place. This behavior is evaluated by well logging data in wells drilled within a period of 50 years oilfield production history. Theoretical background of the event is given that will help to optimize oil displacement and production in reservoirs.
1. Afanasyev V.S., Afanas'ev A.V., Afanas'ev S.V., The adsorptive activity of
porous space in the terrigenous rock (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2013, no. 11(233),
2. Afanasyev V.S., Afanas'ev A.V., Determining the structure of geological
reserves of oil and gas on the basis of three-dimensional geological modeling
– extension of the information to ensure the development of hydrocarbon
deposits in clastic sections (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek,
2015, no. 5, pp. 54-63.
3. Zakirov S.N., Indrupskiy I.M., Zakirov E.S., Novye printsipy i tekhnologii
razrabotki mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (The new principles and technologies
of oil and gas fields development), Moscow – Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute of
Computer Science, 2009, 484 p.
4. Muslimov R.Kh., Nefteotdacha: proshloe, nastoyashchee, budushchee
(optimizatsiya dobychi, maksimizatsiya KIN) (Oil recovery: Past, Present, Future
(production optimization, maximization of recovery factor)), Kazan': FEN
Publ., 2014, 570 p.
5. Khisamov R.S., Vysokoeffektivnye tekhnologii osvoeniya neftyanykh
mestorozhdeniy (Highly efficient technology of development of oil field),
Moscow: Publ. of Tekhinput, 2005, 540 p.
6. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po podschetu zapasov nefti i gaza ob’emnym
metodom. Otsenka kharaktera nasyshchennosti po dannym GIS
(Guidelines for the calculation of reserves of oil and gas by volumetric
method. Assessment of the nature of saturation according to well logging):
edited by Petersil’e V.I., Poroskun V.I., Yatsenko G.G., Moscow –Tver: Publ. of
7. RD 153-39.0-047-00, Reglament po sozdaniyu postoyanno
deystvuyushchikh geologo-tekhnologicheskikh modeley neftyanykh i
gazoneftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Regulation on the creation of permanent
geological and technological models of oil and gas field), Moscow: Publ. of
Mintopenergo RF, 2000, 130 p.
8. Dobrynin V.M., Vendel’shteyn B.Yu., Kozhevnikov D.A., Petrofizika (Fizika
gornykh porod) (Petrophysics (Physics of rocks)): edited Kozhevnikov D.A.,
Moscow: Neft’ I gaz Publ., 2004, 368 p.
9. Afanasyev A.V., Afanas'ev V.S., Principles for correction for adsorptive deformation
of the terrigenous rock in petrophysical models for log interpretation
(In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2009, no. 11(188), pp. 139–157.
10. Afanasyev S.V., Technology of advanced interpretation of log data in
terms of construction 3-D geological model (In Rus s.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo
= Oil Industry, 2005, no. 2, pp. 12–17.
11. Deryagin B.V., Churaev N.V., Muller V.M., Poverkhnostnye sily (Surface
forces), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1987, 398 p.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access
only the authorized visitors of the website can.