|In memory of the outstanding oilman|
|GEOLOGY & GEOLOGICAL EXPLORATION|
E.V. Lozin (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), R.Kh. Prudnikova (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa)|
Detailed seismic survey of regional graben troughs on the southeastern margin of the East European Platform
The study of regional and semi-regional areas of “small grabens” (in the terminology of some researchers) discovered in the 60-80s of the 20th century in Bashkortostan, which are new oil accumulation zones, continues. The detailing of the structure of these zones is carried out using the latest modifications of seismic exploration CDP-2D and CDP-3D. Detailed studies are relevant due to the natural interest in further study of oil ccumulation zones, which are able to replenish the hydrocarbon resource base. The article considers the results of a detailed study of the structure of post-sedimentary troughs (PST) and adjacent territories, carried out at the site of the Kabakovskoye field, which is part of the block controlled by the Zagorsk PST. The analysis showed that the PST system is formed by 2-3 main troughs – the most extended and seismically expressed in amplitude and width, and the fragmentary and less seismically pronounced troughs that occur next to them are the result of the reaction of a rigid geomechanical medium to the tectonic faulting. It is concluded that the formation of the PST was mainly influenced by the phases of tectonic activation on the margin of the ancient platform, while the influence of the Ural orogenesis was largely leveled by the pre-Urals marginal trough, the formation of which was completed in the Permian. The Urals influenced the orientation of the deflections that is consistent with it. Detailed seismic survey of regional graben troughs (“small grabens”) in Bashkortostan, which represents a significant part of the southeastern margin of the East European Platform, continues using the latest modifications of CDP-3D seismic survey. It is expected that this study will help to improve the methodology of geological exploration and to discover new hydrocarbon reserves.
1. Dragunskiy A.K., Nekotorye osobennosti tektoniki i neftenosnosti Priufimskogo rayona Bashkirii Bashkirii (Some features of tectonics and oil content of Ufa district of Bashkiria in Bashkortostan), Proceedings of UfNII, 1966, V. KhV, pp. 127–136.
2. Khat’yanov F.I., On the tectonic nature of buried Devonian micro-grabbers and the prospects for the search for oil-bearing structures in the southeast of the Russian platform (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1971, no. 7, pp. 41–46.
3. Lisovskiy N.N., Khlebnikov V.D., Kukharenko Yu.N., Khat’yanov F.I., The new oil-bearing zone, controlled by graben-like troughs in Bashkortostan (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1974, no. 12, pp. 22–29.
4. Lozin E.V., Dragunskiy A.K., Age of graben-like troughs of Bashkiria (In Russ.), Izvestiya AN SSSR. Seriya geologicheskaya, 1988, no. 8, pp. 122–129.
5. Lozin E.V., On the mechanism of formation of sedimentary graben-like troughs in the east of the East European platform (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1994, no. 2, pp. 16-17.
6. Lozin E.V., Geologiya i neftenosnost’ Bashkortostana (Geology and oil content of Bashkortostan), Ufa: Publ. of BashNIPIneft’, 2015, 704 p.
7. Lozin E.V., Racheva L.M., Specification of structure for post-sedimentary graben-like deflections in the platform using relevant seismic data (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 9, pp. 8–11, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-9-8-118. Puchkov V.N., Paleogeodinamika Yuzhnogo i
Srednego Urala (Paleogeodynamics of the Southern and Middle Urals), Ufa:
Dauriya Publ., 2000, 146 p.
Login or register before ordering
M.Yu. Karpushin (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), A.V. Stupakova (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), A.P. Zavyalova (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), G.A. Kalmykov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), V.V. Chupakhina (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), N.I. Korobova (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), A.A. Suslova (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), K.A. Radchenko (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow)|
Structure and perspectives of oil and gas potential of Fransian-Tournaisian domanicoid organic-rich formation in the central part of the Volga-Ural basin
In recent years, industrial accumulations of hydrocarbons in the domanicoid deposits of the Volga-Ural oil and gas basin have been identified on the territory of the Samara and Orenburg regions. This article discusses the prospects for the search for hydrocarbons in domanicoid deposits on the territory of the Republic of Bashkortostan. One of the main tasks is to determine intervals with capacitive properties and a total thickness sufficient for the forming industrial accumulations of oil and gas. To identify such intervals, the section of the domanicoid organic-rich formation was divided into rock units. Their porosity and permeability properties were studied, and the most favorable types of section for reservoir maintenance were determined by the nature of the interbedding of rock units. Three types of rock units are identified: carbonate-siliceous rocks with a high content of organic matter; frequent interbedding of carbonate-siliceous and siliceous-carbonate rocks; predominantly carbonate rocks. Each individual unit contains reservoir rocks with fractured-porous and porous-fissured void space. Members compose cyclites of different scales, correlate with each other and meet certain conditions of sedimentation. The set of units determines the type of section. Three types of sections are distinguished in domanicoid deposits, corresponding to different paleostructural zones of their accumulation: the intrashelf basin, the slope of the intrashelf basin, and the shelf of the carbonate platform. The analysis of the capacitive properties of the rocks of each unit made it possible to proceed to the prediction of the quality of the reservoir properties based on the data of geophysical well surveys. The nuclear magnetic log data formed the basis of the dependences of porosity values on the neutron log values. The results of the study showed that the second unit type, represented by the interbedding strata of siliceous-carbonate and carbonate-siliceous rocks, contain the largest number of capacious and high-capacity reservoir rocks, the distribution area of which within the domanicoid organic-rich formation is associated with the Frasnian-Famennian section of intrashelf basins. A relatively high flow rate was also recorded from the unit of the second type, which allows us to conclude that the units of this type are the most promising. On the basis of these studies, a general map of forecast zones of development of capacious and high-capacity reservoir rocks within the organic-rich domanikoid formation in the territory of the Republic of Bashkortostan was built.
1. Stupakova A.V., Fadeev N.P., Korobova N.I. et al., Criteria for oil and gas search in Domanic deposits of the Volga-Ural basin (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2015, no. 2(61), pp. 77–86.
2. Stupakova A.V., Kalmykov G.A., Korobova N.I. et al., Oil and gas reservoirs in Domanic formation of Volga-Ural basin (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO “NK “Rosneft’”, 2016, no. 2, pp. 46–52.
3. Stupakova A.V., Kalmykov G.A. et al., Domanic deposits of the Volga-Ural basin - types of section, formation conditions and prospects of oil and gas potential (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2017, Special Issue, pp. 112–124.
4. Zav’yalova A.P., Stupakova A.V., Hydrocarbon prospects of the Domanicoid high-carbon formation in the Mukhanovo-Erohovsky trough (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 3, pp. 34–39, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2021-3-34-39
5. Chupakhina V.V., N Korobova.I., Kalmykov G.A. et al., Different types of void space and quality of unconventional reservoirs in the Upper Devonian domanic high-carbon deposits of Mukhanovo-Erokhovskii trough (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2022, no. 24 (2), pp. 139–149, DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2022.2.14
6. Report: topic no. 0616-84. Distribution patterns, lithological, geochemical, reservoir properties and oil and gas content of bituminous strata of the Domanic facies in the Devonian and Lower Carboniferous in the territory of the Volga-Ural province, IGiRGI, Kuĭbyshev, 1986, 453 p.
7. KarpushinM.Yu., Stupakova A.V., Zav’yalova A.P. et al., Geological structure and oil and gas potential of Domanik deposits in the central part of the VolgaUral oil and gas basin (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2022, no. 24 (2), pp. 129–138, DOI: https://doi.org/10.18599/grs.2022.2.13
Login or register before ordering
I.S. Gutman (IPNE LLC, RF, Moscow), A.Yu. Baturin (IPNE LLC, RF, Moscow), A.A. Obgolts (IPNE LLC, RF, Moscow), M.Yu. Spasennykh (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, RF, Moscow), E.V. Kozlova (Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, RF, Moscow), E.P. Simonenko (Pomor GERS LLC, RF, Tver)|
Signs of hard-to-recover unconventional oil-producing rocks established in the process of its integrated study at the exploration and exploitation stages
Hard-to-recover reserves include objects with low permeability, with ultra-high viscosity of oil, as well as hydrocarbon reserves in oil source bed, such as Bazhenov formation in Western Siberia, in Domanic type deposits in the Volga-Ural and Timan-Pechora oil and gas province, Khadum horizon in Pre-Caucasian region, etc. The hard-to-recoverability of deposits is shown on the example of the Bazhenov formation of Western Siberia. Original methodological techniques for studying seabed sediments at various levels are resented. Special attention is paid to the proof of the generation potential of oil-producing formations in the section on the basis of complex geological, petrophysical, and geochemical research methods. It is shown that when studying oil source bed represented by kerogen-carbonate-clay-siliceous rocks with a variable content of components, it is fundamental to study the lithological characteristics of the rocks and the most important rock-forming component - solid organic matter (kerogen) and its derivatives (hydrocarbons). It is interesting to realize that certain dependence between the established categenetic maturity of kerogen defines the value of the initial reservoir pressure. Based on analysis of the results of Bazhenov formation exploitation, characterized by dispersion between the initial reservoir pressure and saturation pressure, the autors show how this dispersion affects on the exploitation indicators depending on the growth of the gas factor compared to the initial gas content, an increase in oil viscosity, decrease in permeability, etc. It is noted that in the conditions of exploitation without maintaining reservoir pressure, the method of «production drop curves» appears to be the most effective calculating remaining recoverable oil reserves.
1. Grishkevich V.F., Lagutina S.V., Panina E.V. et al., Geomechanical model of abnormal sequences formation of Bazhenov suite: Physical simulation and practical application (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2017, no. 3, pp. 33-47.
2. Nezhdanov A.A., Kulagina S.F., Kornev V.A., Khafizov F.I., Anomalous sections of Bazhenov suite: a view throughfifty years after discovery (In Russ.), Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft’ i gaz, 2017, no. 6, pp. 34–42, DOI: https://doi.org/10.31660/0445-0108-2017-6-34-42
3. Nezhdanov A.A., Zony anomal’nykh razrezov bazhenovskogo gorizonta Zapadnoy Sibiri (Zones of anomalous sections of the Bazhenov horizon of Western Siberia), Proceedings of ZapSibNIGNI, 1985, V. 6, pp. 27-35.
4. Gutman I.S. et al., Korrelyatsiya razrezov skvazhin slozhnopostroennykh neftegazonosnykh ob»ektov i geologicheskaya interpretatsiya ee rezul’tatov (Correlation of well sections of complex oil and gas objects and geological interpretation of its results), Moscow: ESOEN Publ., 2022, 336 p.
5. Nemova V.D., Conditions of reservoir formation in deposits of bazhenov strata whithin the junction of Krasnolenin arch and Frolov megadepression (In Russ), Neftegazovaya geologiya. Teoriya i praktika, 2012, V. 7, no. 2, URL: http://www.ngtp.ru/rub/4/23_2012.pdf
6. Nemova V.D., Multi-level lithological typization of rocks of the Bazhenov formation (In Russ), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 8, pp. 13–17, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-8-13-17
7. Vasil’ev A.L., Pichkur E.B., Mikhutkin A.A. et al., The study of pore space morphology in kerogen from Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 10, pp. 28–31.
8. Vasil’ev A.L., Spasennykh M.Yu., Kalmykov G.A. et al., TEM study of Bazhen shales (In Russ.), EAGE/SPE Joint Workshop on Shale Oil, 2015, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3997/2214-4609.201412168
9. Alekseev A.D., Nemova V.D., Koloskov V.N., Gavrilov S.S., Lithological peculiarities of Lower Tutleimsky subsuite structure of Frolovsky oil-and-gas-bearing area in view of its oil potential (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza = The journal Oil and Gas Geology, 2009, no. 2, pp. 27-33.
10. Nemova V.D., Astashkin D.A., Gavrilov S.S., Methodical peculiarities of complex lithological and petrophysical studies of Bazhenov suite deposits (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2013, no. 2, pp. 38–46.
11. Panchenko I.V., Nemova V.D., Smirnova M.E. et al., Stratification and detailed correlation of Bazhenov horizon in the central part of the Western Siberia according to lithological and paleontological core analysis and well logging (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2016, no. 6, pp. 22–34.
12. Spasennykh M., Maglevannaia P., Kozlova E. et al., Geochemical trends reflecting hydrocarbon generation, migration and accumulation in unconventional reservoirs based on pyrolysis data (on the example of the Bazhenov formation), Geosciences, 2021, no. 8, V. 11, DOI:10.3390/geosciences11080307.
13. Batalin O.Yu., Vafina N.G., Forms of free-hydrocarbon capture by kerogen (In Russ.), Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental’nykh issledovaniy, 2013, no. 10, pp. 418-425.
Login or register before ordering
A.S. Kozyrev (RN-Centre for Peer Review and Technical Development LLC, RF, Tyumen) N.I. Ermolaev (RN-Centre for Peer Review and Technical Development LLC, RF, Tyumen), A.V. Mishin (RN-Centre for Peer Review and Technical Development LLC, RF, Tyumen), E.V. Bembak (RN-Centre for Peer Review and Technical Development LLC, RF, Tyumen), A.V. Shemelov (RN-Yuganskneftegas, LLC, RF, Nefteyugansk), M.V. Latipov (RN-Yuganskneftegas, LLC, RF, Nefteyugansk), D.D. Krepostnov (Rosneft Oil Company, RF, Moscow)|
Engineering solutions for horizontal wellbore stabilization in the presence of coal deposits
Incidents that occur because of destabilization of coal layers during drilling are in particular set. The reasons and solutions for coals stabilization are widely discussed but the problem remains actual issue. The article presents a field experience of wells drilling on Jurassic formations, which contain coal layers as a part of target formation. The stabilization of coal layers with conservative solutions after they were firstly destabilized is almost impossible according to field experience that is why the preventive actions to minimize risks of borehole destabilization are in priority. The best practices that were highlighted during comparison of different technological solutions demonstrate near 100% effectiveness in certain geological conditions. The destabilization of borehole first occurs as a result of hydrodynamic and mechanical impact because coal layers have low solidity and highly fractured. The main solution for reduction of destabilization risks is the right choice of sealants that could form solid filter screen. Because of several factors, the perfect material for bridging the coal layers is gilsonite. Its hydrophobic features will make the bridging more effective. The gilsonite is insoluble in water and there are some occasional issues with its addition to water-based drilling fluids, for this reason the materials such as the suspension of gilsonite in water-based organic solutions (polyatomic alcohols, surfactants etc.) are preferable. The designed solutions for reduction of coal layers destabilization risks (complex sealants additives, reduction of mechanical and hydrodynamic impact) helped to drill horizontal sections 1550 m long. In tough geological conditions 50 horizontal wells were drilled at present. Two wells penetrated the coal lenses of 80 and 110 m, as a result the liner was run to the bottom without any issues.
1. Zeilinger S.C. et al., Utilizing an engineered particle drilling fluid to overcome coal drilling challenges, SPE-128712-MS, 2010, DOI: 10.2118/128712-MS
2. Palmer I., Moschividis Z., Cameron J., Coal failure and consequences for coalbed methane wells, SPE-96872-MS, 2005, DOI:10.2118/96872-MS
3. Pogurets V.V., Mavlyuta R.Sh., Dolmatov D.V. et al., An integrated approach to efficient drilling through unstable coal intervals using different types of mud in the Yamal region (In Russ.) SPE-206445-RU, 2021, DOI:10.2118/206445-MS
Login or register before ordering
|OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT & EXPLOITATION|
A.Kh. Shakhverdiev (Sergo Ordzhonikidze Russian State University for Geological Prospecting, RF, Moscow), S.V. Arefiev (LUKOIL-Western Siberia LLC, RF, Kogalym), A.S. Pozdyshev (Geonom LLC, RF, Moscow), R.R. Ilyazov (Sergo Ordzhonikidze Russian State University for Geological Prospecting, RF, Moscow)|
On inclusion of high-watered reserves of oil-poor reservoirs in the category of hard-to-recover reserves
The article deals with current problems of developing fields with unprofitable hard-to-recover reserves of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons in oil-poor reservoirs. It proposes a new concept of unprofitable hard-to-recover oil reserves, a new solution for predicting water breakthrough and prevention of its consequences in conditions of unstable displacement front and under oil-saturated reservoirs. The expediency of creating innovative technologies of EOR and IOR for the effective development of under-saturated oil reservoirs and their successful application at development sites is shown, which requires tax preferences for the creators of scientific and technical products and oil producing companies. We offer an analysis of innovative technologies, including rheogasochemical technology based on the generation of carbon dioxide in reservoir conditions, as well as technology of DNA sequencing of reservoir biota at the early stage of drilling out and development object development, studied in the laboratory and pilot tested at specific sites of development. Thus, it is shown that the development of unprofitable natural and man-made unprofitable hard-to-recover oil reserves is an urgent, in-demand and long-term task, the solution of which requires a scientific systematic approach that ensures coordination of geological, technological, economic and regulatory parameters and indicators to justify the choice of objects falling under the benefits and to assess the expected economic effect.
1. Samsonov R.O., Sokolov A.N., A systematic approach to the development of the mineral resource base as a method for a comprehensive solution of environmental and technological problems of the development of the Arctic (In Russ.), Neftegaz.ru, 2022, no. 3(123), pp. 80-89.
2. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Aref’ev S.V., Davydov A.V., Problems of transformation of hydrocarbon reserves into an unprofitable technogenic hard-to-recover reserves category (In Russ), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 4, pp. 38–43, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2022-4-38-43
3. Knyazeva N.A., Beregovoy A.N., Khisametdinov M.R. et al., Preparation for the introduction of SWAG at the fields of PJSC “Tatneft” (In Russ.), SOCAR Proceedings, 2022, no. 2, pp. 19–27, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5510/OGP2022SI200737
4. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Aref’ev S.V., Davydov A.V., Hard-to-recover reserves of undersaturated reservoirs (In Russ.), Geologiya i nedropol’zovanie, 2022, no. 10, pp. 76-85.
5. Mukhidinov Sh.V., Belyakov E.O., Determination of mobile water in reservoirs of Achimov thickness (In Russ.), Proneft’. Professional’no o nefti, 2020, no. 4(18), pp. 34–47, DOI: https://doi.org/10.7868/S2587739920040047
6. Glotov A.V., Skripkin A.G., Molokov P.B., Mikhaylov N.N., Residual water saturation of oil source rocks of the Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Neftegaz.RU, 2022, no. 3, pp. 40–46.
7. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Once again about oil recovery (In Russ), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 1, pp. 44–50.
8. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Shestopalov Yu.V., Mandrik I.E., Aref’ev S.V., Alternative concept of monitoring and optimization water flooding of oil reservoirs in the conditions of instability of the displacement front (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 118–123, DOI:10.24887/0028-2448-2019-12-118-123
9. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Some conceptual aspects of systematic optimization of oil field development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 2, pp. 58–63, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-2-58-63.
10. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Aref’ev S.V., The concept of monitoring and optimization of oil reservoirs waterflooding under the conditions of displacement front instability (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 11, pp. 104–109, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-11-104-109.
11. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Shestopalov Yu.V., Qualitative analysis of quadratic polynomial dynamical systems associated with the modeling and monitoring of oil fields, Lobachevskii journal of mathematics, 2019, V. 40, no. 10, pp. 1695–1710, DOI:10.1134/S1995080219100226
12. Shestopalov Y.V., Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Qualitative theory of two-dimensional polynomial dynamical systems, MDPI, SYMMETRY 2021, 13, 1884, pp. 01–19,
DOI: https: // doi.org / 10.3390 /sym13101884.
13. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., System optimization of non-stationary floods for the purpose of increasing oil recovery (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 1, pp. 44–50, DOI:10.24887/0028-2448-2019-1-44-49
14. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Sistemnaya optimizatsiya protsessa razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (System optimization of oil field development process), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2004, 452 p.
15. Mirzadzhanzade A.Kh., Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Dinamicheskie protsessy v neftegazodobyche: sistemnyy analiz, diagnoz, prognoz (Dynamic processes in the oil and gas production: systems analysis, diagnosis, prognosis), Moscow: Nauka Publ., 1997, 254 p.
16. Mandrik I.E., Panakhov G.M., Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Nauchno-metodicheskie i tekhnologicheskie osnovy optimizatsii protsessa povysheniya nefteotdachi plastov (Scientific and methodological and technological basis for EOR optimization), Moscow: Neftyanoe khozyaystvo Publ., 2010, 288 p.
17. Aref’ev S.V., Sokolov I.S., Pavlov M.S. et al., Implementation of horizontal wells with multistage hydraulic fracturing for low-permeability oil reservoir development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 9, pp. 90–95, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2022-9-90-95
18. Shakhverdiev A.Kh., Panakhov G.M., Abbasov E.M. et al., The innovative technology of residual hydrocarbons reserves recovery by in-situ generation of carbon dioxide (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 6, pp. 44-48.
19. Posdyshev A.S., Shelyakin P.V., Shaikhutdinov N.M. et al., Using DNA-logging to determine inflow profile in horizontal wells, SPE-206515-MS, 2021,
20. Baranov D.V., Petrova A.N., Ibragimov R.K. et al., Microbiological methods for increasing oil recovery: An overview (In Russ.), Vestnik Kazanskogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta, 2016, no. 24, pp. 35-39
Login or register before ordering
A.T. Gareev (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), S.R. Nurov (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), I.A. Faizov (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), A.O. Zubik (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), E.V. Imasheva (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), A.M. Vagizov (RN-BashNIPIneft LLC, RF, Ufa), R.F. Yakupov (Bashneft-Dobycha LLC, RF, Ufa)|
Production features and concept of further development of the unique Arlanskoye field
The unique Arlanskoye oil field has a very long and fascinating history of development, with several generations of scientists and petroleum engineers working on its design and operation The field's size, complex geological structure and the presence of highly viscous oil have determined a number of challenges of field development. As a consequence, Arlanskoye field has become a testing ground for various pilot works and experiments for original engineering solutions. The Arlanskoye field development experience is applied to the majority of fields in the Volga-Ural oil and gas province.
The article describes the main milestones in the development of Arlanskoye oil field. Current challenges and ways to solve them are described. A further development concept is formulated, which includes a set of key tasks from regional geology to monitoring of production, aimed at improving the efficiency of reserves development and increasing oil production. The results of research work carried out by RN-BashNIPIneft LLC in recent years, as well as the actual results of the implementation of field research programs, production drilling and geological and technical activities, indicate the high potential of the Arlanskoye field. To unlock this potential, it is necessary to continue the implementation of comprehensive programs for additional study of reservoirs and increase the efficiency of development, planning and conducting research work, the use of geological and hydrodynamic modeling to assess the zones of residual reserves localization.
1. Lozin E.V., Razrabotka unikal’nogo Arlanskogo neftyanogo mestorozhdeniya vostoka Russkoy plity (Developing a unique Arlan oil field of the East of the Russian Plate), Ufa: Skif Publ., 2012, 704 p.
2. Baymukhametov K.S., Enikeev V.R., Syrtlanov A.Sh., Yakupov F.M., Geologicheskoe stroenie i razrabotka Arlanskogo neftyanogo mestorozhdeniya (Geological structure and development of the Arlanskoye oilfield), Ufa: Publ. of Bashneft’, 1997, 368 p.
3. Shuvalov A.V., Lozin E.V., Half a century of Arlanskoye oil field development: progress and problems (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2009, no. 9, pp. 94-97.
4. Khakimova A.S., Brief geological description of the Arlan oil field (In Russ.), Innovatsionnaya nauka, 2016, no. 12-4, pp. 99-101.
5. Ilamanov I.A., Tectonic structure of the Arlan oil field (In Russ.), Simvol nauki, 2016, no. 8-1 (20), pp. 14-17.
6. Badikova A.R., Farkhutdinova D.R., Features of the Arlan oil well (In Russ.), Alleya nauki, 2017, V. 2, no. 10, pp. 470-472.
7. Gabdullin R.F., The discovery of the Arlan oil field is 55 years old (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 12, pp. 78-79.
8. Krasheninnikov Yu.N., Vasil’eva L.N., Osobennosti razrabotki Cherlakskogo uchastka Novokhazinskoy ploshchadi (Features of the development of the Cherlaksky section of the Novokhazinskaya area), Proceedings of BashNIPIneft, 1990, V. 81, pp. 90-96.
9. Usenko V.F., Shreyber E.I., Asmolovskiy V.S., Khalimov E.M., Using a new technique to study the influence of well grid density on oil recovery (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1973, no. 12, pp. 22-25.
10. Devlikamov V.V., Khabibullin Z.A., Kabirov M.M., Anomal'nye nefti (Abnormal oil), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1975, 168 p.
Login or register before ordering
A.A. Kazakov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), V.V. Shelepov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow), R.G. Ramazanov (Lomonosov Moscow State University, RF, Moscow)|
Analysis of well drainage zones
The features of the operational assessment of well drainage zones in a real field environment are considered. The proposed method is based on finding a flow-separating boundary between producing wells when liquid is filtered to them from injection wells. The main assumption accepted is the distribution of the lengths of the current lines from the main to the neutral according to the exponential law. The geometry of the current lines varies depending on the flow rates and pickups of wells. An equation is obtained that determines the ratio between the debits of neighboring producing wells, depending on the permeability and thickness of the formation in the drainage zones of wells, depressions, and the geometry of filtration flows. The number of current filtration tubes in the drainage zones of each of the producing wells surrounding the injection well, the position of the flow dividing boundary and the area of the well drainage zones are determined. Depressions in wells are determined by known wells rates using the superposition method. The validity of the proposed approach is justified by comparing the results of well drainage zones calculation with accurate analytical solutions valid for symmetrical flooding schemes and homogeneous formation. For the 9-point flooding scheme, the discrepancy in the calculations of depressions did not exceed 2%, the displacement of the flow dividing boundary at the injection well was 2°. The calculations have shown that the angles of the areal inflow to the wells do not correspond to their drainage areas.
1. Stepanov S.V., Sokolov S.V., Ruchkin A.A. et al., Considerations on mathematical modeling of producer-injector interference (In Russ.), Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskoe modelirovanie. Neft', gaz, energetika = Tyumen State University Herald. Physical and Mathematical Modeling. Oil, Gas, Energy, 2018, V. 4, no. 3, pp. 146–164, DOI:10.21684/2411-7978-2018-4-3-146-164
2. Potashev K.A., Mazo A.B., Ramazanov R.G., Bulygin D.V., Analysis and design of the development of an oil reservoir section using the fixed streamtube model (In Russ.), Neft'. Gaz. Novatsii, 2016, no. 4, pp. 18–26.
3. Mazo A.B. , Potashev K.A. , Kalinin E.I., Bulygin D.V., Oil reservoir simulation with the superelement method (In Russ.), Matematicheskoe modelirovanie, 2013, V. 25, no. 8, pp. 51–64.
4. Chornyy A.V., Kozhemyakina I.A., Churanova N.Yu. et al., Analysis of wells interaction based on algorithms of complexing geological and field data (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 1, pp. 36–39, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2019-1-36-39
5. Ankudinov A.A., Vaganov L.A., Sovershenstvovanie razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy na osnove mnogofaktornogo analiza effektivnosti sistemy zavodneniya (Improving the development of oil fields based on multivariate analysis of the effectiveness of the waterflooding system), Proceedings of Tyumen International Innovation Forum NEFTGAZTEK, 17-18 September 2013, Tyumen: Publ. of West Siberian Innovation Center, 2013, pp. 35-38.
6. Vasil'ev D.M., Obosnovanie izbiratel'noy sistemy zavodneniya slabo vyrabotannykh obvodnennykh plastov mestorozhdeniy Nizhnevartovskogo svoda (Substantiation of the selective waterflooding system for poorly depleted watered reservoirs of the Nizhnevartovsk arch deposits): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ufa, 2017.
7. Afanaskin I.V., Vol'pin S.G., Yalov P.V. et al., Improved Higgins and Leighton stream tubes method for oil field flooding simulation (In Russ.), Vestnik kibernetiki, 2016, no. 3(23), pp. 39–50.
8. Akundinov A.A., Sovershenstvovanie metodov analiza sistemy zavodneniya i povysheniya effektivnosti zakachki vody v neftyanoy plast (Improving methods for analyzing the waterflooding system and improving the efficiency of water injection into the oil reservoir): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumen, 2017.
9. Khisamutdinov N.I., Shaymardanov A.N., Shaymardanov M.N., Shaislamov V.Sh., Mapping of producing wells drainage areas according to liquid production data and by using Voronoi’s weighted zones (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2014, no. 6, pp. 10–14.
10. Chapman L.R., Thomson R.R., Waterflood surveillance in the Kuparuk River unit with computerized pattern analysis, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1989, V. 41, no. 3, pp. 277–282.
11. Antonov M.S., Kompensatsionnoe regulirovanie zavodneniya s tsel'yu povysheniya effektivnosti energeticheskogo polya neftyanogo plasta (Compensatory regulation of waterflooding in order to increase the efficiency of the energy field of the oil reservoir): thesis of candidate of technical science, Ufa, 2011.
12. Wolcott D., Applied waterflood field development, Publ. of Schlumberger, 2001, 142 p.
13. Glogovskiy M.M., Sapozhnikova S.V., Raschet liniy toka i ekvipotentsialey pri razlichnykh setkakh skvazhin (Calculation of streamlines and equipotentials for various grids of wells), Moscow: Publ. of Gubkin Institute, 1982, 45 p.
14. Noaman A.F. El-Khatib., A new stream-tube model for waterflooding performance in 5-spot patterns, SPE-53186-MS, 1999, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/53186-MS
15. Kasatkin A.E., Comparative analysis of well location schemes at waterflooding (In Russ.), Vestnik SamGU. Estestvennonauchnaya seriya, 2013, no. 9-2(110), pp. 196-207.
Login or register before ordering
I.V. Afanaskin (Gubkin University, RF, Moscow), A.A .Kolevatov (Gubkin University, RF, Moscow), A.A.Glushakov (Gubkin University, RF, Moscow)|
Mathematic model for well test interpretation in wells producing with altered flow rates in homogeneous reservoir
Actual case of oil and gas fields development is well test methods improvement. Such tests are one of the most important sources of data on oil and gas field geological structure and reservoir filtration properties. These data is very important to increase the effectiveness of reservoirs development and mathematic modeling. It is known that most informative and reliable results could be acquired during well test at non-stationary flow regimes – pressure buildup (drawdown) and interference test. Surveillance by these methods requires quite long production shut-in, which leads to production losses. That is why alternative well test approaches appears for non-stationary filtration conditions, that reduces production losses. Three so-kind approaches could be identified. The first one is two regimes method (idealized case with significant limitations). The second one is single well or multi-well deconvolution (in the case of these methods, short shutdowns of wells are typical). The third one is production decrease analysis (the most effective for relatively smooth long-term pressure and rates data). For wells with non-stable rates application of these methods is difficult. The authors consider significantly different approach, which does not depend on pressure and rates changes. In standard case for interpretation of such tests initial reservoir pressure is required actual before production start. Due to often production start at interfered reservoir pressure and first point on pressure stabilization curve does not match to reservoir pressure, correct interpretation is difficult. The authors propose new mathematic model for vertical well producing from homogeneous infinite reservoir. This model makes available identification of conductivity-capacitive properties and reservoir pressure. Testing of model on synthetic and field data identified good results.
1. Chaudhry A., Oil well testing handbook, Elsevier, 2004, 525 p.
2. Buzinov S.N., Umrikhin I.D., Issledovanie neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin i plastov (The study of oil and gas wells and reservoirs), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1984, 269 p.
3. Kremenetskiy M.I., Ipatov A.I., Gulyaev D.N., Informatsionnoe obespechenie i tekhnologii gidrodinamicheskogo modelirovaniya neftyanykh i gazovykh zalezhey (Information support and technologies of hydrodynamic modeling of oil and gas deposits), Moscow - Izhevsk: Publ. of Izhevsk Institute of Computer Research, 2012, 896 p.
4. Kul’pin L.G., Myasnikov Yu.A., Gidrodinamicheskie metody issledovaniya neftegazovodonosnykh plastov (Hydrodynamic study of oil-gas-water-bearing strata), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1974, 200 p.
5. Bourdet D., Well test analysis: The use of advanced interpretation models, Boston, Elsevier Science, 2002, 436 p.
6. Earlougher R.C. Jr., Advances in well test analysis, SPE Monograph Series, V. 5, 1977, 264 p.
7. Sova E.V., Sova V.E., Efficiency of application of the research technique at two flow rates to reduce the cost of hydrodynamic testing of production wells (In Russ.), Geologiya, geografiya i global’naya energiya, 2009, no. 2(33), pp. 76-79.
8. Gulyaev D.N., Batmanova O.V., Pulse-code test and multi-well deconvolution algorithms are new technologies for reservoir properties determination between the wells (In Russ.), Vestnik Rossiyskogo novogo universiteta. Seriya: Slozhnye sistemy: modeli, analiz, upravlenie, 2017, no. 4, pp. 26–32.
9. Osnovy ispytaniya plastov (Formation testing fundamentals): edited by Zagurenko A.G., Moscow-Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute of Computer Research, 2012, 432 p.
10. Aslanyan A., Kovalenko I., Ilyasov I. et al., Waterflood study of high viscosity saturated reservoir with multiwell retrospective testing and cross-well pressure pulse-code testing, SPE-193712-MS, 2018, DOI:10.2118/193712-MS
11. Cumming J.A., Wooff D.A., Whittle T., Gringarten A.C., Multiwell deconvolution, SPE-166458-PA, 2014, DOI: 10.2118/166458-PA
12. Houze O., Viturat D., Fjaere O.S. et al., Dynamic data analysis. V 5.42, Kappa Engineering, 2022, 772 p.
13. Von Schroeter T., Hollaender F., Gringarten A.C., Deconvolution of well-test data as a nonlinear total least-squares problem, SPE-71574-MS, 2004, DOI: 10.2118/71574-MS
Login or register before ordering
S.V. Stepanov (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), A.V. Arzhilovskiy (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen)|
On the issue of improving the quality of mathematical modeling in solving problems of oil field development support
The quality of mathematical modeling is an important aspect of the effective development of oil fields. The article discusses the problems of hydrodynamic modeling, which lead to the need to study the feasibility of using other, simpler types of models to solve standard problems of field development. Proxy models are considered as an alternative to the hydrodynamic model: empirical oil fractional-flow models, capacitance-resistive model (CRM), and single-layer reservoir model. It is shown that all the problems that arise when accompanying oil fields development can be successfully solved using a single-layer reservoir model, which requires significantly less resources than the hydrodynamic model and at the same time has a similar predictive ability. Some of the tasks can be solved using the CRM model. The article also says that the quality of modeling can be improved through the development of modeling approaches; in particular, the development of hierarchical modeling, which means sequential modeling of the same object using consistent models of different types, ranging from the simplest to the most complex, is a promising direction. Using the considered types of models, a plan for constructing a hierarchy of models is proposed. It is assumed that the use of proxy models, including in the concept of a hierarchy of models, it will provide an opportunity for uncertainty analysis and will allow to obtain a probabilistic modeling result instead of a deterministic one, as it is when using hydrodynamic modeling. The article draws attention to the importance of correct modeling of near-well processes. It is shown that proxy models are able to simulate such processes, which should have a positive effect on the quality of modeling.
1. Pospelova T.A., Stepanov S.V., Strekalov A.V., Sokolov S.V., Matematicheskoe modelirovanie dlya prinyatiya resheniy po razrabotke mestorozhdeniy (Mathematical modeling for solutions at the place of development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2021, 427 p.
2. Ivanov A.V., Stepanov S.V., Mathematical modeling of oil well nonstationary work taking into account the permeability nonequilibrium phase (In Russ.), Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskoe modelirovanie. Neft', gaz, energetika, 2017, V. 3, no. 3, pp. 70–82, DOI: 10.21684/2411-7978-2017-3-3-70-82
3. Khasanov M.M., Bulgakova G.T., Nelineynye i neravnovesnye effekty v reologicheski slozhnykh sredakh (Nonlinear and nonequilibrium effects in rheologically complex media), Moscow - Izhevsk: Institute for Computer Research, 2003, 288 p.
4. Mirzadzhanzade A.Kh., et al., Tekhnologiya i tekhnika dobychi nefti (Technology and oil production technology), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1986, 382 p.
5. Egermann P., Vizika O., A new method to determine critical gas saturation and relative phase permeability during depressurization in the near-wellbore region, Petrophisycs, 2000, October.
6. Sayarpour M., Development and application of capacitance-resistive models to water/CO2 floods: Ph.D Diss., Austin: The University of Texas at Austin, 2008.
7. Stepanov S.V. Ruchkin A.A., Stepanov A.V., Analytical method of separation of liquid and oil production in reservoirs during their joint development (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2018, no. 2, pp. 10–17.
8. Bekman A.D., Zelenin D.V., Application of advanced CRMP for reservoir pressure mapping (In Russ.), Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskoe modelirovanie. Neft', gaz, energetika, 2021, V. 7, no. 4(28), pp. 163–180, DOI: 10.21684/2411-7978-2021-7-4-163-180
9. Stepanov S.V., Tyrsin A.N., Ruchkin A.A., Pospelova T.A., Using entropy modeling to analyze the effectiveness of the waterflooding system (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2020, no. 6, pp. 62–67, DOI: http://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2020-6-62-67
10. Aziz Kh., Settari A., Petroleum reservoir simulation, Applied Science Publishers, 1979, 476 p.
11. Mjaavatten A., Aasheim R., Saelid S., Groenning O., A model for gas coning and rate-dependent gas/oil ratio in an oil-rim reservoir, SPE-102390-MS, 2006, DOI:10.2118/102390-MS
12. Stepanov S.V., Stepanov A.V., Eletskiy S.V., Numerical-analytical approach towards salvation of the problem relating to on-line prediction of an oil well operation in conditions of a gas cone formation (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2013, no. 2, pp. 53–58.
13. Ivanov A.V., Stepanov S.V., Mathematical modeling of a well performance in view of nonequilibrium relative phase permeability (In Russ.), Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Fiziko-matematicheskoe modelirovanie. Neft', gaz, energetika, 2020, V. 6, no. 1(21), pp. 208–217, DOI: 10.21684/2411-7978-2020-6-1-208-217
14. Mohaghegh S., Amini S., Gholami V. et al., Grid-based surrogate reservoir modeling (SRM) for fast track analysis of numerical reservoir simulation models at the grid block level, SPE-153844-MS, 2012, DOI:10.2118/153844-MS
Login or register before ordering
P.V. Pyatibratov (Gubkin University, RF, Moscow), M.I. Àmerkhanov (PJSC TATNEFT, RF, Almetyevsk)|
Estimate of steam mass to maintain steam chamber temperature in SAGD technology
To produce heavy crude oil and natural bitumen, thermal recovery methods have been commonly used. According to PJSC TATNEFT, for fourteen years of development of heavy oil fields, more than 45 million tons of steam at temperature of more than 200°C has been injected into subsurface formations. One of the most effective technologies for producing ultra-viscous crude oil and natural bitumen is the steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) process. To ensure high efficiency and safety of the SAGD technology, an operator must control the SAGD process and perform a large bulk of chemical-analytical and other types of analyses of produced fluids. The paper discusses possible negative aftereffects of SAGD termination following the lengthy period of steam injection. In SAGD, the injected steam serves the two purposes: fills the void space left by the heavy oil, and maintains the temperature in the steam chamber. The latter purpose is very important, since cooling of the steam chamber may lead to decrease of the reservoir pressure and the abrupt steam condensation, which, in its turn, may result in pay rock deformation, extensive land surface subsidence, behind-the-casing flows, contamination of the overlying formations, including aquifers. Obtaining analytical estimates of the steam mass to maintain the steam chamber temperature is an important tool of the SAGD process control, along with the 3D thermohydrodynamic modeling. The authors present an analytical technique to separate the injected steam into the steam mass to maintain the steam chamber temperature and the steam mass to provide the steam chamber growth. The technique is based on the material balance equation and the estimate of the steam-condensate mixture density in reservoir conditions.
1. Muslimov R.Kh., Musin M.M., Musin K.M., Opyt primeneniya teplovykh metodov razrabotki na neftyanykh mestorozhdeniyakh Tatarstana (Experience in the application of thermal development methods in the oil fields of Tatarstan), Kazan: Novoe znanie Publ., 2000, 225 p.
2. Khisamov R.S., Tatneft's experience in producing high-viscosity bituminous oils (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2007, no. 3(22), pp. 8-10.
3. Zolotukhin A.B., Pyatibratov P.V., Nazarova L.N. et al., EOR methods applicability evaluation (In Russ.), Trudy Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta nefti i gaza imeni I.M. Gubkina = Proceedings of Gubkin University, 2016, no. 2(283), pp. 58–70.
4. Butler R., Stephens D., The gravity drainage of steam heated heavy oil to parallel horizontal well, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 1981, no. 2, pp. 90–96.
5. Ibatullin P.P., Amerkhanov M.I., Ibragimov N.G. et al., Development of steam assisted gravity drainage technology on the example of high-gravity oil pool of Ashalchinskoye deposit (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 7, pp. 40–43.
6. Kuz'min Yu.O., Tectonophysics basis of identification of geodynamic danger of oil and gas facilities (In Russ.), Georesursy, geoenergetika, geopolitika, 2011, no. 1(3), p. 7.
7. Ibragimov N.G., Vasil'ev E.P., Amerkhanov M.I. et al., Optimizing production wells’ performance during steam gravity recovery of extra-viscous oil on the Ashalchinskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 7, pp. 34–35.
Login or register before ordering
O.A. Morozyuk (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), A.V. Kochetov (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), A.A. Zagorovsky (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), N.A. Cherepanova (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), T.S. Blinova (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), M.I. Isaeva (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), I.V. Novosadova (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), R.S. Shulga (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), M.F. Serkin (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen) |
Experimental confirmation of the performance of high-viscosity oil extraction method
The enhanced development of high-viscosity oil reserves is very topical issue. One of the most important problems is selecting effective technologies and optimal strategy of high-viscosity oil recovery. The selection of the most effective technologies requires full-scale research, an integral part of which is laboratory testing.
The article describes the results of core flow studies to study the high-viscosity oil displacement efficiency by various agents. The research target was the productive high-viscosity oil reservoir of an oil-gas-condensate field in Western Siberia. Experimental screening of potential technologies based on thermal, chemical, and thermochemical methods has been performed under various reservoir conditions of the studied target. As displacement agents we used non-heated water, hot water, polyacrylamide solution, surfactant solution, and alkaline solution. The experiments were carried out on a specialized laboratory stand using the core material and reservoir fluids from the studied reservoir. In total, 18 flow experiments were carried out and 6 technologies were tested. According to the research results, it was found that for the studied reservoir injection of hot water and injection of hot water in combination with a polymer slug (thermo-polymer flooding) are the most effective recovery methods. These methods will be considered as priorities for further pre-design study and pilot tests. Also, based on the research results, proposals were formed for additional laboratory studies (including the selection of a polymer) as part of further substantiation of effective technology for high-viscosity oil production.
1. Abasov A.A., Kasimov Sh.A., Tairov N.D., Eksperimental'noe issledovanie vytesneniya nefti peregretym parom (Experimental study of oil displacement by superheated steam), Collected papers “Termicheskie metody uvelicheniya nefteotdachi i geotermologiya neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy” (Thermal methods of enhanced oil recovery and geothermology of oil fields), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 1967, pp. 71-74.
2. Malofeev G.E., Kennavi F.A., Sheynman A.B., Nagrevanie plasta vodyanym parom (eksperimental'nye issledovaniya) (Formation heating with steam (experimental studies)), Collected papers “Teplovye metody razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy i obrabotki prizaboynykh zon plasta” (Thermal methods for the development of oil fields and treatment of bottomhole formation zones), Moscow: Publ,. of VNIIOENG, 1971, pp. 84-90.
3. Gorbanets V.K., Garushev A.R., Yakovenko V.I., Vytesnenie vysokovyazkoy nefti razlichnymi teplonositelyami (Displacement of high-viscosity oil by various coolants), Collected papers “Metody intensifikatsii neftedobychi v Krasnodarskom krae” (Methods of intensifying oil production in the Krasnodar region), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 1972, pp. 80-89.
4. Zheltov Yu.V., Kudinov V.I., Thermal polymer stimulation - a technology for the rational development of viscous oil fields in fractured-porous reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1993, no. 10, pp. 45-54.
5. Mustaev Ya.A., Chebotarev V.V., Mavlyutova I.I., Laboratornye issledovaniya protsessa vytesneniya nefti iz poristoy sredy goryachey vodoy s dobavkoy PAV (Laboratory studies of the process of oil displacement from a porous medium by hot water with the addition of surfactants), Proceedings of UfNII, 1970. V. 28.
6. Ruzin L.M., Tsekhmeystryuk A.K., Pilot work on injection of coolant at the site of the Permian-Carboniferous deposit of the Usinskoye field (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 1984, no. 3, pp. 9-13.
7. Ruzin L.M., Chuprov I.F., Morozyuk O.A., Durkin S.M., Tekhnologicheskie printsipy razrabotki zalezhey anomal'no vyazkikh neftey i bitumov (Technological principles of development of deposits of abnormally viscous oil and bitumen), Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute of Computer Science, 2015, 480 p.
8. Altunina L.K., Kuvshinov V.A., Kuvshinov I.V. et al., Pilot tests of new EOR technologies for heavy oil reservoirs, SPE-176703-MS, 2015, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/176703-MS
9. Altunina L.K., Kuvshinov V.A., Kuvshinov I.V. et al., Physical-chemical and complex EOR/IOR technologies for the Permian-Carboniferous deposit of heavy oil of the Usinskoye oil field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil industry, 2017, no. 7, pp. 26–29, DOI: http://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2017-7-26-29
10. Ruzin L.M., Morozyuk O.A., Durkin S.M. et al., Laboratory studies of the effect of solvent addition to the injected heat carrier on the heat treatment process (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2017, no. 9, pp. 28–34.
11. Ruzin L.M., Morozyuk O.A., Durkin S.M., Polishvayko D.V., Rezul'taty OPR po ispytaniyu modernizirovannoy odnogorizontnoy tekhnologii na NSh-2 Yaregskogo mestorozhdeniya (The results of pilot work on testing the modernized single-horizon technology at the oil mine-2 of the Yaregskoye field), Proceedings of International Scientific and Practical Conference “Opyt, aktual'nye problemy i perspektivy razvitiya neftegazovogo kompleksa” (Experience, current problems and prospects for the development of the oil and gas complex), Part 1, Tyumen: Publ. of TIU, 2017, pp. 98–103.
12. Morozyuk O.A., Barkovskiy N.N., Kalinin S.A. et al., Experimental study of heavy oil displacement by carbon dioxide from carbonate rocks (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2019, no. 6, pp. 51–56, DOI: 10.30713/2413-5011-2019-6(330)-51-56
13. Nekrasov A.V., Maksakov K.I., Usachev G.A. et al., Optimization of the technological efficiency of CO2 injection in extra-viscous oil deposits using laboratory studies and numerical modeling (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2019, no. 8, pp. 81–86, DOI: 10.30713/2413-5011-2019-8(332)-81-86
14. Minkhanov I.F., Bolotov A.V., Al'-Muntaser A.A. et al., Experimental study on the improving the efficiency of oil displacement by co-using of the steam-solvent catalyst (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 6, pp. 54-57, DOI: http://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2021-6-54-57
Login or register before ordering
V.V. Mazaev (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), D.V. Tolstolytkin (Tyumen Petroleum Research Center LLC, RF, Tyumen), Yu.V. Zemtsov (Industrial University of Tyumen, RF, Tyumen)|
Applying unsteady-state polymer flooding to develop reservoirs with heterogeneous permeability
Field practice demonstrates the applicability and high efficiency of unsteady-state cyclic flooding to enhance oil recovery of complex reservoirs with heterogeneous permeability. This method is achievable and is often considered as one of the flooding options. Another water injection technology is polymer flooding which is also considered an effective strategy for the development of reservoirs with heterogeneous permeability. The authors proposed a new polymer flooding technology combining unsteady-state cyclic flooding and polymer injection. When injecting polymer solution into the reservoir, the water mobility decreases while the reservoir pressure grows up which enhances oil production. In the case of alternating injection of working agents, during the polymer injection phase, the reservoir pressure also increases, and declines during the water injection phase. Therefore, in order to compensate for the pressure decline during the water injection phase and to maintain the oil production profile, it is proposed to increase the volume of injected water in a certain period of time. To implement this approach, a new technology of cyclic polymer injection has been developed. The technology provides for maintaining increased reservoir pressure at all polymer and water injection cycles by applying forced water injection drive. At the same time, the water injection pressure should not exceed the opening pressure for both natural and induced fractures in the reservoir rocks. The ratio of polymer and water injection cycles in the forced drive is to be simulated on a specific flow simulation area planned for applying polymer flooding technology. The model runs show that the introduction of a new technology can provide an additional increase in oil recovery factor of 4.1 - 4.5% compared to conventional polymer flooding while reducing polymer consumption and project costs.
1. Sharbatova I.N., Surguchev M.L., Tsiklicheskoye vozdeystviye na neodnorodnyye neftyanyye plasty (Cyclical effects on heterogeneous oil layers), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1988, 121 p.
2. Vladimirov I.V., Nestatsionarnye tekhnologii neftedobychi (Etapy razvitiya, sovremennoe sostoyanie i perspektivy) (Unsteady oil production technology (Stages of development, current state and prospects)), Moscow: Publ. of VNIIOENG, 2004, 216 p.
3. Veliev M.M., Ivanov A.N., Vladimirov I.V. et al., Specifics of cyclic water flooding for development systems made up with horizontal wells (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 7, pp. 86-89, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2021-7-86-89
4. Tomas A. et al., Polymer flooding to increase oil recovery at light and heavy oil fields (In Russ.), Territoriya neftegaz, 2017, no. 7–8, pp. 58–66.
5. Kovalenko I.V., Koryakin F.A., Estimating possibility of polymer flooding for reservoir PK1-3 of the Vostochno-Messoyahskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 9, pp. 102-105, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2018-9-102-105
6. Mikhaylov N.N., Zakenov S.T., Kiynov K.K. et al.,The experience of implementation of polymer flooding technology in oil fields characterized by a high degree of salinity of reservoir and injected waters (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 4, pp. 74–78, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2019-4-74-78
7. Khagay D.E., Saboslai M.G. et al., Polymer flooding as a method to increase oil recovery at challenging fields (In Russ.), Neft'. Gaz. Novatsii, 2021, no. 11, pp. 48–54.
8. Lobanova S.Yu., Elubaev B.U., Talamanov N.E. et al., Cyclical gel-polymer flooding technology is an effective method of enhanced oil recovery in high-viscosity oil fields (In Russ.), SPE-201824-RU, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/201824-MS
9. Safarov F.E., Lobanova S.Yu., Elubaev B.U. et al., Effective eor methods in high-viscosity oil fields: cyclical gel-polymer flooding and ASP flooding (In Russ.), Vestnik neftegazovoy otrasli Kazakhstana, 2021, no. 3, pp. 61–72.
10. Patent RU2779501C1, Method for developing a geologically heterogeneous oil reservoir by waterflooding, Inventors: Mazaev V.V., Tolstolytkin D.V., Zemtsov Yu.V.
Login or register before ordering
A.R. Aubakirov (Vietsovpetro JV, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Vung Tau), A.N. Ivanov (Vietsovpetro JV, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Vung Tau), D.I. Varlamov (Vietsovpetro JV, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Vung Tau), P.V. Pyatibratov (Gubkin University, RF, Moscow)|
Cyclic stimulating drainage area of production wells of the Basement exploitation target of Vietsovpetro JV
Cyclic stimulation of producing well drainage area is enhanced oil recovery method. Its effectiveness is achieved by activating the elastic forces of the reservoir and increasing extraction from dead-end zones. The difference from cyclic waterflooding is the increase in oil recovery directly in the vicinity of production wells. The solution to the problem of continuing Vietsovpetro JV oil production levels should be associated not only with intensification and increase of geological reserves through exploration, but also through large-scale application of effective technologies for enhanced oil recovery. The most promising object for application of enhanced oil recovery methods is the Basement production target: oil production from the object is 49% of total production, while the active well fund accounts for 29% of the total active well fund. The Basement production target is an oil reservoir in granitoid fractured rock of the basement. It was discovered in 1988 in the White Tiger field of the South Vietnamese shelf. According to core laboratory studies, oil from macrocracks, which account for only 25% of the total pore volume, is actively producing at the Basement production target. Microcracks and caverns, which account for 75% of the total pore volume, are poorly connected and have low development involvement. The efficiency of the cyclic stimulation of producing well drainage area at the Basement target is due to the involvement in the active development of oil reserves from microcracks and caverns. The article provides theoretical principles, analytical and hydrodynamic calculations of the effectiveness of the method of cyclic impact on production wells drainage area of the Basement production target.
1. Gorshenev V.S., Sobolev M.A., Vershovskiy V.G. et al., Features of oil reservoir development in White Tiger oilfield basement (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2008, no. 6, pp. 32–33.
2. San N.T., Maxliansev U.V., Dong T.L. et al., Prediction of EOR processes for BH fractured basement reservoir by physicomathematical simulation, Vung Nau: Publ. of XNLD Vietsovpetro, 1996.
3. Sharbatova I.N., Surguchev M.L., Tsiklicheskoye vozdeystviye na neodnorodnyye neftyanyye plasty (Cyclical effects on heterogeneous oil layers), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1988, 121 p.
4. Koshlyak V.A., Granitoidnye kollektory nefti i gaza (Granitoid collectors of oil and gas), Ufa: Tau Publ., 2002, 247 p.
5. Maydebor V.N., Osobennosti razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy s treshchinovatymi kollektorami (Features of the development of oil fields with fractured reservoirs), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1980, 288 p.
6. Schutter S.R., Occurrences of hydrocarbons in and around igneous rocks, London: Geological Society, Special Publication no. 214, 2003, 242 p., DOI:10.1144/GSL.SP.2003.214.01.03
Login or register before ordering
|MANAGEMENT, ECONOMY, LAW|
I.A. Lomukhin (Gazpromneft-Nefteservis LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg; Orenburg State University, RF, Orenburg), G.F. Akhmedyanova (Orenburg State University, RF, Orenburg), A.M. Pishchukhin (Orenburg State University, RF, Orenburg)|
Multilevel development management hydrocarbon deposits
The article is devoted to multilevel control of integrated objects. In this study, the quality of hydrocarbon field development is considered as an integrated management object. At the first level quality depends on the state of three components: personnel, process equipment and the hydrocarbon deposit properties. In accordance with the principle of qualimetry conserning the unity of the process and the result, indicators of the quality of the production processes (second level), intensification of development (third level) and economic support (fourth level) are added. Further, methods of forming four types of impacts (parametric, structural, organizational and signal-level) of hierarchically higher levels on low ones are studied. Multilevel control makes it possible to spread the solution of individual problems over rather independent levels, which reduces the multi-connectedness of the system and makes it possible to apply the so-called coordinate-parametric control. Coordinate control is carried out within the levels, and the impact of hierarchically higher levels changes the parameters of the subsystems located below. Multilevel changes the assessment of field development quality, adding the contribution of each influencing factor at each level. In addition, tiering requires setting and solving the problem of optimal management of the allocation of management resources with maximizing the overall level of quality. The task is solved by the method of indefinite Lagrange multipliers using the hypothesis of a discrete change in quality indicators in the consistent implementation of organizational measures within each level. The practical implementation of the developed methodology allows us to conclude that the greatest resources, in terms of improving the quality of field development, should be invested in a more accurate determination of the possible volumes of hydrocarbon withdrawal, since the long-term operation of the field depends on this. Next in importance are geological and technical measures, economics, and ongoing work to ensure production, mainly related to the maintenance of process equipment.
1. Zakirov S.N., Indrupskiy I.M., Smolyak S.A., Rozman M.S., Zakirov E.S., Anikeev D.P., To the problem of economic assessment of recoverable hydrocarbon volumes (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2015, no. 4(54), pp. 112–120.
2. Andreev A.F., Zubareva V.D., Optimization of design solutions for the development of fields in a gas producing region (In Russ.), Gazovaya promyshlennost', 2002, no. 12, pp. 26–28.
3. Plyaskina N.I., Problems of use of bowels and methodology of formation of the investment programs of development of oil-and-gas resources (In Russ.), Burenie i neft', 2007, no. 11, pp. 17 – 20.
4. Pishchukhin A.M., Akhmedyanova G.F., The formation abstract representations in the product quality management, Proceedings of IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2020, V. 459, pp. 6, DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/459/6/062032
5. Pishchukhin A.M., Multi-level control competitiveness of the enterprise (In Russ.), Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii, 2020, no. 10, pp. 252–257, DOI: 10.17513/snt.38289
6. Akhmed'yanova G.F., Pishchukhin A.M., Osnovy mnogourovnevogo upravleniya v organizatsionno-tekhnicheskikh sistemakh (Fundamentals of multilevel management in organizational and technical systems), Orenburg: Publ. of OSU, 2020, 162 p.
7. Pishchukhin A., Akhmedyanova G., The control subsystems study of the upper hierarchical levels, Proceedings of International Multi-Conference on Industrial Engineering and Modern Technologies, FarEastCon, 2020, pp. 1–5, DOI: 10.1109/FarEastCon50210.2020.9271169
8. Mil'ner B., The quality of management is the most important factor in economic security (In Russ.), Voprosy ekonomiki, 1994, no. 12, pp. 54-64.
9. Broderr J.F., Risk analysis and the security survey, GB: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006, 393 p.
10. Kraynova E.A., Kuyarova Yu.V., Economic evaluation of operational risk factors for the development of new wells (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 2008, V. 179, pp. 31–35.
11. Zemlyakov S.D., Rutkovskiy V.Yu., Coordinate-parametric control. Definition, opportunities, challenges (In Russ.), Avtomatizatsiya i telemekhanika, 1976, no. 2, pp. 107–115.
12. Indicators of sustainable development framework and methodologies, New York: Publ. of Department of Economic and Social Affairs, 2001, 294 p., URL: http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/csd/csd9_indi_bp3.pdf
13. Butkevich R.V., Klochkov Yu.S., Yanitskaya T.S., Yarygin S.A., Methodical bases of quantitative estimation of technological processes (In Russ.), Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN, 2005, V. 7, no. 2, pp. 456–463.
14. Mukhina A.G., Shelyago N.D., Integrated computer model of the hydrocarbon production control system (In Russ.), Avtomatizatsiya, telemekhanizatsiya i svyaz' v neftyanoy promyshlennosti, 2018, no. 7, pp. 29–35.
15. Vorob'ev A.E., Tcharo Kh., Vorob'ev K.A., Oil industry digitization: "intelligent" oilfield (In Russ.), Vestnik Evraziyskoy nauki = The Eurasian Scientific Journal, 2018, no. 3, URL: https://esj.today/PDF/77NZVN318.pdf
Login or register before ordering
O.V. Zotkin (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), E.V. Yudin (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), K.F. Plokhova (Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University, RF, Saint-Petersburg), D.E. Dmitriev (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), V.D. Pashkin (Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University, RF, Saint-Petersburg), A.V. Savikovskiy (Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University, RF, Saint-Petersburg), M.B. Bobov (Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University, RF, Saint-Petersburg), M.N. Vinokurov (Gazpromneft - Digital Solutions LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), R.Z. Abdykov (Gazpromneft-Noyabrskneftegas JSC, RF, Noyabrsk)|
Hybrid integrated asset model – flexible oilfield management tool
This article demonstrates an integration platform that combines physical and mathematical models of oil and gas field units into a single holistic calculation process and allows you to find consistent solution in the Reservoir - Well - Surface Pipeline Network – etc. system, an integrated asset model (IAM). The main goal is to introduce integrated asset modeling into production processes and obtain the maximum business benefit from production at current capacities. The software package implemented on the web-platform called Hybrid IAM allows to predict the operation of the production and injection wells for single-layer and multi-layer objects. The main well performance indicators obtained as a result of the IAM calculation are the flow rates of production wells for each fluid component, the injection volumes of injection wells, the dynamics of reservoir pressure, PVT-properties and other field indicators. To solve various oil production problems, it is possible to automatically define the necessary models configuration depending on the requirements for the speed and accuracy of the final solution. A method is proposed for reducing the time of optimization calculations by using a hierarchy of models. On the example of a synthetic oilfield, successful validation of calculations with the reference software product for the calculation of integrated models (IPM Petex) was carried out. Acceptable convergence between the IMA calculation and the historical fluid production for the selected assets of the company has been achieved. On the example of real business cases, the possibility of IMA for calculating various options for optimizing the current oil production wells is demonstrated. Thus, the proposed integrated asset model can be used to predict and optimize the operation of the current oil production wells and sets of well interventions, taking into account multiple goals (production efficiency maximization, reduction of CAPEX, OPEX) and restrictions (capacity of the surface infrastructure, external restrictions on production volumes, etc).
1. Vogel J.V., Inflow performance relationships for solution-gas drive wells, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1968, V. 20, pp. 83-92.
2. Dake L.P., Fundamentals of reservoir engineering, Elsevier Scientific Publishing Company, 1978, 443 p.
3. Beggs H.D., Brill J.P., A study of two-phase flow in inclined pipes, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1973, V. 25, pp. 607-617, DOI:10.2118/4007-PA
4. Brill J.P., Mukherjee H., Multiphase flow in wells, SPE Monograph, Henry L. Dogherty Series, V.17, 1999, p. 17.
5. Hagedorn A.R., Brown K.E., Experimental study of pressure gradients occurring during continuous two-phase flow in small-diameter vertical conduits, Journal of Petroleum Technology, 1965, V. 17(04), pp. 475–484.
6. Yudin E.V., Khabibullin R.A., Galyautdinov I.M. et al., Creation of a proxy-integrated model of the Eastern section of the Orenburgskoye oil-gas-condensate field under the conditions of lack of initial data (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 12, pp. 47-51, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2019-12-47-51
7. Khamidullin R.D., Ismagilov R.R., Kan A.V. et al., The choice of regional infrastructure development strategy in conditions of production uncertainty using software ERA:ISKRA (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 12, pp. 64-67, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2017-12-64-67
Login or register before ordering
|FIELD INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT|
A.V. Piven (NK Rosneft-NTC LLC, RF, Krasnodar), D.E. Pogorzhalsky (NK Rosneft-NTC LLC, RF, Krasnodar), A.G. Matiukhin (NK Rosneft-NTC LLC, RF, Krasnodar), A.V. Zagumennikova (NK Rosneft-NTC LLC, RF, Krasnodar), E.V. Zenkov (NK Rosneft-NTC LLC, RF, Krasnodar), À.L. Makeev (Rosneft Oil Company, RF, Moscow|
Calculation method for determining the optimal class of leveling in the development of design solutions
When studying deformations of engineering structures by geodetic methods, special attention is paid to the process of assigning measurements accuracy. The choice of the method and means of measurement, material and labor costs, reliability of the obtained data depend on the results of accuracy assignment. The notion of deformation measurements accuracy has a double meaning. It can refer both to initial accuracy of determination of deformation value itself and to accuracy of geodetic measurements themselves. In particular, as applied to monitoring, it is possible to speak about an error of definition of deformations of buildings and constructions and to solve a problem of finding excesses in cycles of leveling, and then assignment of the corresponding class of leveling. At the stage of design works, the class of leveling is assigned in accordance with the necessary accuracy of vertical movements on the basis of the requirements of normative and technical documentation. The existing procedure leads to assignment of a higher class of leveling without sufficient justification, which leads to overestimation of labor costs and the cost of field observations at oil and gas production sites.
Oil Company Rosneft proposed a methodology that allows to improve the quality of design decisions in the construction of leveling networks and the appointment of the optimal class of leveling while maintaining the required accuracy of measurements. The calculation methodology is based on the construction of the optimal configuration of the leveling network and selected preliminary calculation of the network accuracy, the calculation of the mean square error of the weakest point of the leveling network, based on which the desired accuracy of geodetic observations and leveling class are calculated. The methodology will increase the reliability of the obtained observation results, which will be carried out with the necessary reasonable accuracy, and will also reduce the operating costs of geodetic observation production.
1. Klyushina E.B., Mikheleva D.Sh., Barkov D.P., Praktikum po prikladnoy geodezii (Workshop on applied geodesy), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1993, 368 p.
2. Zhukova B.N., Rationing the accuracy of geodetic measurements during the construction of structures, installation of equipment and monitoring their condition (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Geodeziya i aerofotos"emka, 1983, no. 4, pp. 28–35.
3. Gruzin N.E., Miskovets V.K., On the required accuracy of measuring deformations of building structures (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya geodeziya,1981, no. 24, pp. 42–44.
4. Shekhovtsov G.A., On the accuracy of geodetic observations of deformations of structures (In Russ.), Geodeziya, kartografiya i aerofotos"emka, 1975, V. 22, pp. 88–93.
5. Shekhovtsov G.A., On the required accuracy of geodetic observations of deformations of structures (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Geodeziya i aerofotos"emka, 1976, no. 1, pp. 25–30.
6. Zhukov B.N., Skripnikov V.A., Skripnikova M.A., Prikladnaya geodeziya. Geodezicheskiy kontrol' sooruzheniy i oborudovaniya v protsesse stroitel'stva i ekspluatatsii (Applied geodesy. Geodetic control of structures and equipment during construction and operation), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SGUGiT, 2018, 86 p.
Login or register before ordering
|OIL FIELD EQUIPMENT|
A.A. Makeev (Oil and Gas Production Department Bystrinskneft, Surgutneftegas PJSC, RF, Surgut; 2Industrial University of Tyumen, RF, Tymen)|
Optimization of low-capacity electric submersible pumps operation in wells of the pre-Jurassic complex
The article discusses the features of the wells operation at one of the objects of the pre-Jurassic complex (Triassic deposits). The structure of the production fund at this facility is as follows: 66% of wells operate in a constant mode, 34% - in a periodic mode.
The artdevelopment of the object of the Pre-Jurassic complex is carried out in difficult geological and physical conditions. The structure production well stock under consideration is following: 66% of wells operate in constant mode, 34% in periodic one. When nominal capacity of electric submersible pump (ESP) are less than 35 m3/day, stable wells operation in a constant mode without stopping for emergency protection is a complex task and requires considerable attention of the personnel of the technological services of oil and gas production workshops. The transfer of wells operation to a periodic or short-term mode is accompanied by wells production decrease and unstable depression on the formation. Basic measures to optimize the technological regime without lifting subsurface pumping equipment are associated with regulating ESP performance using a frequency converter or a method of tapping at the wellhead. In order to reduce the number of ESP stops and oil production losses, a technical specification was formulated for adjustable fitting development, the installation of which does not require changing the strapping of the fountain fittings. A patent study was carried out, which showed that this design solution has no analogues that have a set of these advantages. This made it possible to patent the design as an intellectual property of Surgutneftegas PJSC. Based on the analysis of the operation of submersible equipment under the complicated operating conditions of the wells of the pre-Jurassic complex of the Trias formation, the highest efficiency for continuous operation was obtained by ESP -25 with the possibility of a stepless change in productivity at the wellhead using an adjustable fitting block.
1. Muzychuk P.S., The use of digital tools in the operation of mechanized well stock (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2022, no. 8, pp. 44–46.
2. Zeygman Yu.V., Kolonskikh A.V., Optimization of ESP operation to prevent complications (In Russ.), Neftegazovoe delo, 2005, no. 2, URL: http://ogbus.ru/authors/Zeigman/Zeigman_1.pdf.
3. Lapshina Ya.A., Ermakov P.V., Khazipov R.L. et al., Analyzing confirmation of productivity criteria of the Pre-Jurassic complex by operational drilling results as a means of unlocking the target potential, Eskpozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2022, no. 8(93), pp. 44–47, DOI: 10.24412/2076-6785-2022-8-44-47
4. Makeev A.A., Tseplyaeva A.I., Leont'ev S.A., Shay E.L., Well operation using electric centrifugal pumps taking into account geological and physical specifics of the pre-Jurassic Triassic complex (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo. – 2021. – ¹ 3. – S. 92–95, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-3-92-94
5. Utility patent RU212903U1, Reguliruemaya shtutsernaya kolodka (Adjustable choke), Inventors: Makeev A.A., Shay E.L., Shchelokov D.V.; Dubinin A.A., Akulichev A.G., Filippov A.V., Egorov V.V., Boyko I.V., Pantyushin P.N.
Login or register before ordering
A.V. Lekomtsev (Perm National Research Polytechnic University, RF Perm), D.I. Khuzyagulov (Perm National Research Polytechnic University, RF Perm), N.Yu. Belousov (Perm National Research Polytechnic University, RF Perm), V.A. Lisin (Perm National Research Polytechnic University, RF Perm), R.Yu. Bannikov (Perm National Research Polytechnic University, RF Perm), M.I. Kuzmin (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), I.V. Grekhov (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), R.V. Gerasimov (Gazpromneft STC LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg), A.V. Maksyutin (Gazpromneft - Digital Solutions LLC, RF, Saint-Petersburg)|
Predicting of asphalten-resin-paraffin deposits formation probability during the wells operation by electric submersible pumps in short-term start mode
During the operation of oil wells, one of the main types of complications is the formation of asphaltene-resin-paraffin deposits (ARPD), which leads to a drop in oil production, especially for periodically operating wells. This mode complicates the calculation of ARPD formation conditions by the fact that it becomes necessary to take into account the heating of the fluid flow from the electric centrifugal pump motor, taking into account its operating time, which affects the temperature distribution along the borehole. The authors consider a methodology for calculating the probability of ARPD precipitation in the conditions of non-constant operation of electric submersible pumps (ESP) in the mode of periodic short-term activation. Wells of the Vyngapurovskoye field, complicated by ARPD, were studied. When developing the methodology, algorithms for the distribution of pressure and temperature of the gas-liquid flow were used and the dependences of the temperature at which organic deposits are deposited on the walls of lifting pipes on the technological parameters of the well operation were determined. The temperature of the ARPD formation was obtained as a result of the analysis of data on the depth of deposits at 61 wells. The method takes into account the process of heating and cooling the fluid flow during operation and stopping the ESP in a short-term mode. As a result of the evaluation, the accuracy of the prediction of the probability of ARPD formation was 83% (testing was carried out on 6 wells). The approach proposed in the article makes it possible to determine the presence or absence of complications, including the depth of the onset of sediment deposition. The results of the work can be applied to the selection of the most effective mode of operation of pumping equipment and sediment control technology.
1. Brill J.P., Mukherjee H., Multiphase flow in wells, SPE Monograph, Henry L. Dogherty Series, V.17, 1999, 164 p.
2. Mishchenko I.T., Skvazhinnaya dobycha nefti (Oil production), Moscow: Publ. of Gubkin University., 2015, 448 p.
3. Erofeev A.A., Lekomtsev A.V., Estimation of influence of the temperature of the formation of asphaltene-resin-paraffin substances in the oilproducing wells (In Russ.), Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2009, no. 3–2, pp. 17–19.
4. Turbakov M.S., Erofeev A.A., Lekomtsev A.V., Depth definition of the beginning of asphaltene-resin-paraffin deposits formation durinc operation of oil producing wells (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2009, no. 10, pp. 62–65.
5. Pashali A.A., Sil'nov D.V., Integrated model "reservoir-well-pump" for simulation of periodic well operation (In Russ.), Collected papers “Nauka. Issledovaniya. Praktika“, St. Petersburg, Publ. of Natsrazvitie, 2021, pp. 81–82.
6. Chaogang Chen, Jixiang Guo, Na An, Yangqiu Pan, Yaguang Li, Qingzhe Jiang, Study of asphaltene dispersion and removal for high–asphaltene oil wells, Petroleum Science, 2012, V. 9, pp. 551–557, DOI:10.1007/s12182-012-0242-5
7. Korobov G.Yu., Mordvinov V.A., Temperature distribution along well bore (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 4, pp. 57–59.
Login or register before ordering
|OIL TRANSPORTATION & TREATMENT|
V.V. Lykov (Grozny State Oil Technical University, RF, Grozny), L.Sh. Makhmudova (Grozny State Oil Technical University, RF, Grozny), Kh.Sh. Laieva (Grozny State Oil Technical University, RF, Grozny)|
Control of rheological properties of oil by pulsed plasma electrohydraulic discharges
The large-scale development of offshore fields due to extreme distances, depths, temperatures or economic constraints has set the task of comprehensively ensuring the stability of the oil flow from the reservoir to the point of sale (Flow Assurance – FA), otherwise financial losses from interruption of production or damage to equipment due to failure with the FA can be significant. In addition to modeling networks and processes, FA includes integrated management of oil rheological properties such as viscosity, content of asphaltene-resin-paraffin deposits (ARPD), temperature of flow loss etc. Currently, a new direction is being formed for controlling the oil rheological properties by methods of physico-chemical exposure. These methods being developed are very diverse and based on various physical phenomena. Preference is given to combined and wave methods. The control of the process of destruction/formation of free and connectedly dispersed structures is the physical basis for controlling the oil rheological characteristics in order to prevent or significantly reduce the influence of such adverse factors as high losses of hydrodynamic pressure on friction during the movement of oil through pipelines and the ARPD.
The article is devoted to the study of pulsed arc electrohydraulic discharge (PAED) action by high-voltage electrohydraulic discharge on oil rheological properties (viscosity, fractional composition, structural composition). As a result of PAED, irreversible structural changes occur in oil, its rheological properties change, the viscosity of oil is reduced by more than 2 times. The the effect on the oil viscosity depends on the paraffin concentration. The higher the paraffin content in oil is, the greater viscosity decreases after PAED. High-molecular compounds are destroyed. The paraffin concentration decreases almost twice, proportionally reducing the rate of ARPD formation. The yield of light products boiling up to 350°C increases by almost 6.0%.
1. Tine B. I.–J., Flow assurance – A system perspective, MEK4450–FMC Subsea technologies, 2014, 87 p., URL: https://www.academia.edu/36059813/MEK4450_-FMC_Technologies_Flow_Assurance_A_System_Perspective
2. Sunagatullin R.Z., Kutukov S.E., Gol'yanov A.I. et al., Control of oil rheological properties by exposure to physical methods (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 1, pp. 92-97, DOI: https://doi.org/10.24887/0028-2448-2021-1-92-97
3. Kutukov S.E., Fridlyand Ya.M., Shmatkov A.A., Vliyanie vyazkosti nefti na energoeffektivnost' perekachki po magistral'nym nefteprovodam (Effect of oil viscosity on energy efficiency of pumping through main oil pipelines), Proceedings of Scientific and technical conference “Truboprovodnyy transport – 2017” (Pipeline transportation - 2017), Ufa: Publ. of USPTU, 2017, pp. 425–429.
4. Gorbachenko V.S. Demyanenko N.A., Consideration of the process of formation and study of the properties of asphalt-resin-paraffin deposits (In Russ.) Vestnik GGTU im. P.O. Sukhogo, 2016, no. 3, pp. 17–23.
5. Shakhvorostov A.V., Gidrofobno-modifitsirovannye polimernye prisadki dlya ingibirovaniya parafinootlozheniya i snizheniya temperatury poteri tekuchesti nefti (Hydrophobically modified polymer additives to inhibit wax deposition and reduce the pour point of oil): PhD diss., Almaty, 2019.
6. Bodykov D.U., Salakhov R.Kh., Oil refining using the electrohydraulic effect (In Russ.), Gorenie i plazmokhimiya, 2020, no. 18, pp. 29– 36.
7. Zhukova E.M., Vozdeystvie vysokovol'tnogo elektrogidravlicheskogo razryada na fiziko-khimicheskie svoystva nefti i nefteproduktov (The impact of high-voltage electro-hydraulic discharge on the physical and chemical properties of oil and oil products): thesis of candidate of chemical science, Saratov, 2008.
8. Yutkin L.A., Elektrogidravlicheskiy effekt i ego primenenie v promyshlennosti (Electro-hydraulic effect and its application in industry), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie Publ., 1986, 254 p.
Promtov M.A. Stepanov A.Yu., Aleshin A.V., Metody rascheta kharakteristik rotornogo impul'snogo apparata (Methods for calculating the characteristics of a rotary pulse apparatus), Tambov: Publ. of TSTU, 2015, 148
9. Promtov M.A., Avseev A.S., Impulse technologies for oil and oil products processing (In Russ.), Neftepererabotka i neftekhimiya, 2007, no. 6, pp. 22–24.
10. El–Sherif Hesham M.M., Mokhtar O.A., Mostafa Ali A–F., Azzam Badr S.N., Tribological properties of introducing carbon nanoparticles produced by arc discharge in different paraffin oil grades, Proceedings of STLE Annual Meeting & Exhibition; Dallas, Texas, USA; May 17-21, 2015, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.3912.4963
11. Rikkonen S.V., Elektrogidrodinamicheskaya ustanovka dlya nefti (In Russ.), Avtomatizatsiya i IT v neftegazovoy oblasti, 2011, no. 3, pp. 13-17.
12. Levchenko E.S., Bobkova E.N., Ponomareva E.A., Nefti Severnogo Kavkaza (Oils of the North Caucasus), Moscow: Gostotekhizdat Publ., 1963, 355 p.
13. Rabota viskozimetra Brookfield. Izuchenie reologicheskikh svoystv materialov (Operation of the Brookfield viscometer. Study of the rheological properties of materials), URL: https://tirit.org/articles/rheology_01.php
14. Lykov V.V., Makhmudova L.Sh. Dzhabrailova, M.Kh., Laieva Kh.Sh., Reducing of oil viscosity under pulse arc electrohydraulic discharge (In Russ.), Vestnik GGNTU, 2020, no. 3, pp. 25–33, DOI: 10.34708/GSTOU.2020.69.95.004
15. Ikonnikov Yu.A., Dolzhanskiy S.K., Lykov V.V. et al., On-line procedure to prevent AWP deposition with simultaneous viscosity drop in well and in oil pipeline by use of pulsed high voltage electric discharge (In Russ.), Neft'. Gaz. Novatsii, 2017, no. 12, pp. 57–59.
Login or register before ordering
|ENVIRONMENTAL & INDUSTRIAL SAFETY|
Ya.D. Ivashov (Izhevsk Petroleum Scientific Centre CJSC, RF, Izhevsk), A.M. Vysotskikh (Izhevsk Petroleum Scientific Centre CJSC, RF, Izhevsk), A.Yu. Topal (Udmurtneft named after V.I. Kudinov PJSC, RF, Izhevsk), V.V. Chepkasov (Udmurtneft named after V.I. Kudinov PJSC, RF, Izhevsk)|
Biosensing of oilfield systems
Internal corrosion is the most common cause of product leaks from oilfield pipelines. In Udmurtneft named after V.I. Kudinov PJSC the part of such pipelines leaks is 68.8 %. Corrosion also has a significant influence on a downhole equipment operation. For Udmurtneft oil wells share of complications caused by corrosion is 43.1%. The second most common complicating factor of oil production is pumps clogging with iron sulfides. At Udmurtneft» oil fields the part of complications of oil production in iron sulfides sediments form is 17.8 %. Statistical analysis of well failures due to formation of iron salts and oxides revealed corrosive origin of iron sulfides. Statistical analysis of well failures due to corrosion and due to clogging with iron sulfides identified contamination of productive formations with sulfate-reducing bacteria as one of the equipment operating time for failure determining variables. The issue of targeted use of protection technologies meaning the determination of the most susceptible to biocorrosion objects is relevant as the practice of using chemical methods of countering microbiological contamination indicates high costs for the protection of oil field equipment. Performed by detecting planktonic forms of bacteria in the volume of liquid standard method of detecting microbiological contamination does not allow assessing the possibility and intensity of biocorrosion. An activity of adhered forms of bacteria (bacteria that have formed stable biocenoses on the steel surface of oil field equipment) is more indicative from the corrosion point of view. In 2022 specialists of Izhevsk Petroleum Science Center have tested the method of biosensing oil collecting pipeline systems using special devices-traps of the adhered forms of bacteria at oil fields of Udmurtneft named after V.I. Kudinov in order to determine the activity of the adhered forms of sulfate-reducing bacteria and assess their contribution to the pipeline infrastructure corrosion wear.
1. Mustafin F.M., Bykov L.I., Gumerov A.G., Vasil’ev G.G., Promyslovye truboprovody i oborudovanie (Field pipelines and equipment), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2004, 662 p.
2. Microbiologically influenced corrosion in the upstream oil and gas industry: edited by Skovhus T.L. et al., CRC Press, 2017, 517 p.
3. Skovhus T.L., Problems caused by microbes and treatment strategies – rapid diagnostics of microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) in oilfield systems with a DNA-based test kit, In: Applied microbiology and molecular biology in oil-field systems, New York: Springer Publisher, 2011, DOI:10.1007/978-90-481-9252-6_16
4. Kamenshchikov F.A., Bor’ba s sul’fatvosstanavlivayushchimi bakteriyami na neftyanykh mestorozhdeniyakh (Control of sulfate reducing bacteria in oil fields), Moscow - Izhevsk: Publ. of Institute for Computer Research, 2007, 412 p.
5. Vysotskikh A.M., Ivashov Ya.D., Tyukavkin D.G., Puzanov I.S., Sulphate reducing bacteria lifecycle in oil field infrastructures of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 9, pp. 116-120, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-9-116-120
6. Getmanskiy I.D., Study of the structure of sulfide films formed during corrosion of steel in a hydrogen sulfide mineralized environment (In Russ.), Korroziya i zashchita v neftegazovoy promyshlennosti, 1982, no. 1, pp. 6-8.
7. King R.A., Miller J.D.A., Smith J.S., Corrosion of mild steel by iron sulphides, British Corrosion Journal, 1973, no. 8, pp. 137-141, DOI:10.1179/000705973798322251
8. Nesterova E.V., Borisenkova E.A., Prokhorova N.V., The investigation of oil microbocenosis influence on the corrosion process of pipe steel (In Russ.), Samarskiy nauchnyy vestnik, 2020, V. 9, no. 4, pp. 125-131.
Login or register before ordering
E.V. Baldesku (VNIIneft JSC, RF, Moscow), V.A. Dyuryagin (VNIIneft JSC, RF, Moscow), A.F. Toporkova (Zarubezhneft JSC, RF, Moscow), I.V. Tkachev (VNIIneft JSC, RF, Moscow)|
Development of a corporate greenhouse gas emission management system
The article deals with the current problem of managing greenhouse gas emissions in a company. The forecast data on the volume of greenhouse gas emissions in the fuel and energy sector of the Russian Federation up to 2030 are analyzed and trends in their changes are identified. It has been determined that the achievement of a low-carbon development path is possible only with the introduction of additional actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. To systematically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as well as to obtain up-to-date, complete and reliable data, a reliable accounting and monitoring system is required. At the same time, a scheme of interaction within the company should be clearly built for control of decarbonization. The development and implementation of a corporate greenhouse gas management system allows a company to effectively manage emissions in order to reduce them, which in turn creates the potential to transform corporate risks associated with climate change legislation into the category of opportunities such as attracting investors, access to carbon markets and others. The authors note that most large Russian companies have already developed and implemented corporate systems for managing greenhouse gas emissions.
After analyzing the stages of development of the existing greenhouse gas emissions management system of Zarubezhneft JSC, the authors propose to create a corporate greenhouse gas emissions management system, taking into account the specifics of the company. It is proposed to adapt the methodological approaches for calculating greenhouse gas emissions to the requirements of the legislation in force in the territory where the production facilities of Zarubezhneft JSC are located, and also to apply national coefficients in the calculation to provide more accurate emission estimates. The result of the study is the development of the concept of a corporate system for managing greenhouse gas emissions by Zarubezhneft JSC.
1. Report on the technical review of the fourth biennial report of the Russian Federation, URL: https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/resource/10469275_Russian%20Federation-BR4-1-4BR_RUS.pdf
2. Strukova M.N., Strukova L.V., Ekologicheskiy menedzhment i audit (Environmental management and audit): edited by Shishov M.G., Ekaterinburg: Publ. of Ural University, 2016, 80 p.
3. Wiedmann T., Editorial: Carbon footprint and input-output analysis, Economic Systems Research, 2009, V. 21(3), pp. 175–186, DOI:10.1080/09535310903541256
4. Dekarbonizatsiya v neftegazovoy otrasli: mezhdunarodnyy opyt i prioritety Rossii (Decarbonization in the oil and gas industry: international experience and Russian priorities), Moscow: Publ. of the Low-carbon and circular economy Lab, 2021, 158 p.
5. Sosnina E.N., Masleeva O.V., Pachurin G.V., Comparison of options for solving problems of greenhouse gas energy (In Russ.), Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2013, no. 3.
6. Pystina N.B., Sharikhina L.V., Kosolapova E.V., Realizatsiya dorozhnoy karty sistemy upravleniya vybrosami parnikovykh gazov v kompaniyakh gruppy “Gazprom” na perspektivu do 2030 goda (Implementation of the roadmap for the greenhouse gas emission management system in Gazprom Group companies for the period up to 2030), Collected papers “Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' v gazovoy promyshlennosti (ESGI-2021)” (Environmental Safety in the Gas Industry (ESGI-2021)), Proceedings of VII International scientific and technical conference, Moscow: Publ. of Gazprom VNIIGAZ, 2021, pp. 43–44.
Login or register before ordering
A.V. Zakharchenko (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLÑ, RF, Moscow), R.Yu. Shestakov (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLÑ, RF, Moscow), V.N. Slepnev (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLÑ, RF, Moscow), A.E. Gonchar (The Pipeline Transport Institute LLÑ, RF, Moscow)|
Analyzing the need for and expediency of deploying OHS-improving digital platforms and solutions at pipeline transport facilities
The article is devoted to assessing the need for and expediency of deploying digital platforms and solutions aimed at improving occupational health and safety at pipeline transport facilities. Potential criteria to determine the priority of using digital solutions that can improve the safety of people employed in pipeline transport have been suggested. Hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk management, as well as occupational injuries as the sources of input data in determining the need for using digital solutions for certain jobs and positions at pipeline transport facilities have been considered. Hazard identification and occupational injuries have been considered as factors enabling fairly reasonable assessment of the need for and expediency of priority testing of OHS-improving digital solutions. It is worth noting that personal injuries taken as a part of hazard identification is not the key and only factor in determining the risk level. Hazard identification is aimed at uncovering harmful and dangerous factors in the working environment and labor process; the process is aimed at preventing injuries, occupational diseases, accidents, and incidents. The risk management process consists in the development of measures aimed at eliminating (reducing) risks and improving the production safety. The article presents a method for determining jobs and positions requiring a selection of digital solutions to improve labor safety in the first place. The results of our study are of interest to industrial OHS experts and for carrying out process monitoring and special assessment of working conditions at fuel and energy sector facilities.
1. Aysmatullin I.R. et al., A systematic approach to protecting the Arctic from the effects of accidents on trunk pipelines (In Russ.), Neftegaz.Ru, 2018, no. 5, pp. 66–72.
2. Polovkov S.A. et al., Development of additional protecting constructions from oil spills based on three-dimensional digital modeling (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2018, V. 8, no. 2, pp. 197–205, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2018-8-2-197-205.
3. Shestakov R.Yu. et al., Razrabotka predlozheniy po zashchite territoriy ot razlivov nefti, nefteproduktov na osnove modelirovaniya razlivov pri vozmozhnykh avariyakh na ob»ektakh truboprovodnogo transporta (Development of proposals for the protection of territories from oil and oil product spills based on modeling of spills in case of possible accidents at pipeline transport facilities), Collected papers “Molodezh’ i sovremennye informatsionnye tekhnologii” (Youth and modern information technologies), Proceedings of XV International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students, Postgraduates and Young Scientists, Tomsk, 2018, pp. 217–218.
4. Zakharchenko A.V., Gonchar A.E., Shestakov R.Yu., Pugacheva P.V., Improvement of legislation in the field of development and approval of plans for the prevention and elimination of oil spillage and spills of petroleum products at the facilities of main pipelines (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2020, no. 6, pp. 654–662, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2020-10-6-654-662
5. Polovkov S.A., Shestakov R.Yu., Aysmatullin I.R., Slepnev V.N., System conception in the development of measures on prevention and localization of accident consequences on oil pipelines in the arctic zone of Russian Federation (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2017, no. 1(28), pp. 20–29.
Login or register before ordering