Key words: simulation model, relict oil saturation, residual oil saturation, phase permeability, gas cap,adaptation,residual gas saturation.
Experience of digital simulation models showed that a simple increase of the spatial detail is not the key to an adequate description of field development. A more productive way is to define sufficient spatial detail and increased physical meaningfulness of hydrodynamic models. This article shows how to implement this ideology as an example Samotlorskoye field, one of the largest in Western Siberia.
1. Arzhilovskiy A.V., Bikbulatova T.G., Kostyuchenko S.V., Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 2010, no. 11, pp. 46-50.
2. Dvorak S.V., Sonich V.P., Nikolaeva E.V., Collected works “Povyshenie effektivnosti razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy Zapadnoy Sibiri” (Improving the efficiency of the development of oil fields in Western Siberia), Tyumen', 1988.
3. Cheremisin N.A., Sonich V.P., Baturin Yu.E., Drozdov V.A., Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 1997, no. 9, pp. 40-45.
4. Legatski M.W. et al., Displacement of gas from porous media by water, SPE 899.
5. Penland C., Itsekiri E., Mansoori S., Iqlaner S., Bijeljic B., Blunt J., Measurement of nonwetting-phase trapping in sandpack, SPE 11697.
6. Cheremisin N.A., Sonich V.P., Baturin Yu.E., Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 1997, no. 9, pp. 58-61.
7. Holtz M.H., Residual gas saturation to aquifer influx: A calculation method for 3D Computer reservoir construction, SPE 75502.
8. Cheremisin N.A., Sonich V.P., Baturin Yu.E., N.Ya. Medvedev, Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 2002, no. 8, pp. 38-42.
9. Cheremisin N.A., Sonich V.P., Baturin Yu.E., Medvedev N.Ya., Proceedings of the 12th European Symposium on “Povyshenie nefteotdachi plastov” (Enhanced oil recovery), Kazan', 8-10 September 2003.