The article presents the experience of using compositional modeling in the conditions of lack of information and large uncertainty in the properties forecast. Several examples of the petroleum reservoirs with different history have been demonstrated.
Key words: reservoir fluid, sampling, downhole sample, compositional model, fluid simulator.
1. Whitson C.H., Brule M.R., Phase behavior, Richardson, SPE, 2000.
2. Brusilovskiy A.I., Fazovye prevrashcheniya pri razrabotke mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (Phase transformations in the development of oil and gas fields), Moscow: Graal' Publ., 2002.
3. Khaznaferov A.I., Issledovanie plastovykh neftey (Research of oil in place), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1987.
4. Sorokin A.V., Sorokin V.D., Issledovanie protsessa izmenichivosti fiziko-khimicheskikh svoystv plastovoy nefti pri razrabotke mestorozhdeniy Zapadnoy Sibiri (Investigation of the variability physico-chemical properties process of situ oil during oil fields development in Western Siberia), Tyumen': Vektor Buk Publ., 2004.
5. Towler B.F. Reservoir engeneering aspects of bottomhole sampling of saturated oils for PVT analysis, SPE 19438, 1990.
6. Kool H. et al., Testing of gas condensate reservoir – Sampling, test design and analysis, The SPE Asia Pacific Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition, SPE 68668.7. Pedersen K. Sch., Christensen P.L. Phase behavior of petroleum reservoir fluid, Boca Raton: Taylor & Francis, 2007.