The article presents the domestically manufactured advanced pulse neutron gamma-ray spectral logging appliance (АINK-PL), the potential capacity of it for geology and the results of pilot field trials. The described appliance is a product of Agreement for cooperation between Rosneft Oil Company and State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom (Dukhov Automatics Research Institute). It appears to be a real breakthrough in the area of hi-tech well logging since АINK-PL is not only comparable to the most recent foreign developments, but does predominate in terms of engineering design. Dual-spacing and sophisticated gamma-ray detector based on lanthanum bromide (LaBr3) provides АINK-PL with high logging quality, speed and level of details. On top of that, the advanced engineering solutions allow extra data recording (hydrogen content, thermal-neutron capture cross-section, organic carbon, spectral gamma-logging) and under the cased hole condition make it possible to replace completely a basic logging unit with АINK-PL. As of the current date the results of pilot field trials have demonstrated substantiation of the given technology in almost every Russian major oil and gas province (Volga-Urals, Western Siberia, Eastern Siberia), both for terrigenous and carbonate deposits of complicated mineral composition. Results of АINK-PL pilot field trials guarantee high level of process safety for the Rosneft assets and for the domestic well survey service as a whole by total allocation of hi-tech instrumentation manufacturing within the Russian Federation. The planned extensive implementation of the presented appliance within the Rosneft Oil Company will provide substantial decrease of well logging operating costs and increase the oil and gas production efficiency.
1. Rakaev I.M., Gadel'shin E.V., Khanafin I.A. et al., Developing market of domestic hi-tech well survey appliances (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2022, no. 12, pp. 78-82, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2022-12-78-82.
2. Neftesrvisnyy rynok Rossii: fokus na diversifikatsiyu (Oilfield services market in Russia: focus on diversification), URL: https://vygon.consulting/upload/iblock/b7d/l6ufuw6fwcjkavfffecnconjbbmn1t03/vygon_consulting_OFS_.pd...
3. Basyrov M.A., Mitrofanov D.A., Makhmutov I.R. et al., The development of the technique for measuring mass fractions of chemical elements using AINK-PL logs (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2021, no. 8(314), pp. 121–130.
4. Zverev V.I., Khomyakov A.S., Novyy pribor impul'snogo neytronnogo gamma-spektrometricheskogo karotazha dlya opredeleniya elementnogo sostava gornykh porod (A new device for pulsed neutron gamma spectrometric logging for determining the elemental composition of rocks), Collected papers “Uglevodorodnyy potentsial Dal'nego Vostoka” (Hydrocarbon potential of the Far East), Proceedings of 6th scientific and practical seminar, Moscow, 2021, p. 5.
5. Kopylov S.I., Kosov M.V., Kuratov S.E. et al., An experience in an alternative simulation of pulse-neutron spectral-gamma logging tool (INGK-89S-2) logs (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2022, no. 3(317), pp. 59–69.