On the example of unconsolidated high-viscosity oil reservoirs in Western Siberia and saline reservoirs with heterogeneous wettability in Eastern Siberia, based on actual operational data, laboratory experiments and numerical modeling, an analysis of the influence of anomalous effects of technogenesis on development indicators is carried out. Technogenesis refers to the stage of transformation of rocks in reservoir conditions under technogenic influence, when the technogenic processes mainly influence on the rocks composition and properties and fluids saturating, and natural conditions play a related role. Abnormal effects is understood as behavior deviating from the norm, general patterns accepted in the practice of oil reservoir development. Based on field data and generalization of previous studies, it is shown that during the development of unconsolidated reservoirs with high-viscosity oil a complex of anomalous effects of technogenesis occurs: deformation, destruction of the reservoir with an abnormal decrease in well productivity; destruction of screening clay bridges; formation of preferential filtration channels («wormholes»); the effect of «foaming oil»; intra-reservoir emulsification of oil. For saline formations, the reservoir desalinization effect in the process of flooding with low-mineralized water can have both positive and negative effect on the reservoir development indicators, depending on the degree and nature of the salinization spread along the section. On the actual examples, it is shown that standard modeling approaches and development design techniques do not fully take into account the specifics of the technogenesis of formations complicated by a unique complex of geological and physical factors. Achieving the efficiency targets of such hydrocarbon deposits is impossible without creating a scientific and methodological basis corresponding to the technogenesis specifics. Thus, the article substantiates the importance of creating scientific foundations for the oil reservoirs development in the conditions of abnormal technogenesis effects.
1. Zaytsev M.V., Mikhaylov N.N., Borehole zone effect on well deliverability (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2004, no. 1, pp. 64–66.
2. Mikhaylov N.N., Izmenenie fizicheskikh svoystv gornykh porod v okoloskvazhinnoy zone (Changes in the physical properties of rocks in the borehole zone), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1987, 152 p.
3. Gaydukov L.A., Mikhaylov N.N., Influence of horizontal well near wellbore features on the well productivity index (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 1, pp. 90-93.
4. Mikhaylov N.N., Chirkov M.V., Formation damage kinetics during reservoir development (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2009, no. 7, pp. 100-104.
5. Popov S.N., Anomal'nye proyavleniya mekhaniko-khimicheskikh effektov pri razrabotke zalezhey nefti i gaza (Anomalous manifestations of mechanical and chemical effects in the development of oil and gas deposits): thesis of doctor of technical science, Moscow, 2020.
6. Gaidukov L.A., Features of horizontal well production in unconsolidated sands with high viscosity oil, SPE-181909-MS, 2016, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/181909-MS
7. Gaydukov L.A., Approaches to hydrodynamic modeling in conditions of anomalous geological-technological effects manifestations when developing non-standard reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2020, no. 9, pp. 5-13, DOI: 10.30713/0207-2351-2020-9(621)-5-13
8. Tulenkov S.V., Machekhin D.S., Vologodskiy K.V. et al., Planning, execution, and interpretation of results of pilot operations on Russkoye heavy oil field (Part 1) (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 10, pp. 70–73.
9. Maini B.B., Foamy oil flow in heavy oil production, JCPT, 1996, V. 35(6), pp. 21-24, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/96-06-01
10. Gaydukov L.A., Ivantsov N.N., Stepanov S.V. et al., Assessment of possibilities of hydrodynamic simulators to model development of high-viscous oil fields. Part 2. Foams and emulsions (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2016, no. 1, pp. 37-43.11. Gaydukov L.A., Nikolaev V.A., Vorobev V.S., Features of water and process fluids effect on filtration properties of terrigenous reservoirs of the Nepa suite of Eastern Siberia, SPE-187880-MS, 2017, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/187880-MS