The methods based on wave processing by fields of different physical nature (magnetic field, electromagnetic field, ultrasonic vibrations, etc.) are gaining increasing importance for the destruction of stable water-in-oil emulsions. In the article the possibility of complete destruction of field water-in-oil emulsions formed during oil production by using magnetic and ultrasonic treatment is shown. The results of experimental studies of the influence of various parameters of wave treatment and of additives of various solvents and nanosized metal powders on the completeness of demulsification of stable field water-in-oil emulsions of various compositions, including those containing "gel", are presented. Original methods of destruction of field water-in-oil emulsions with a degree of water separation more than 99% and residual water content in the oil phase less than 1 wt. % are proposed. For water-in-oil emulsions of the inverse type, these results are achieved by using magnetic treatment in a flow mode, for gel-containing water-in-oil emulsions – by ultrasonic treatment in combination with a nanosized additive in a static or flow mode. As a nanosized additive, it is proposed to use a suspension of aluminum nitride nanopowder in acetone (6-8% of the emulsion volume, depending on the "gel" content), or a suspension of aluminum oxide nanopowder in acetonitrile (10% of the emulsion volume, regardless of the "gel" content). The advantage of aluminum nitride nanopowder is the possibility of its reuse with retention of activity up to 10 cycles. The prototype of a pilot unit of wave action with ultrasonic and magnetic blocks for processing emulsions to implement the proposed methods of demulsification in oil fields is presented.
1. Kosmacheva T.F., Gubaydulin F.R., Ismagilov I.Kh., Sakhabutdinov R.Z., Research of demulsifiers ability to formation of anomalously stable structures (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2004, no. 1, pp. 90–92.
2. Sakhabutdinov R.Z., Gubaydulin F.R., Ismagilov I.Kh., Kosmacheva T.F., Osobennosti formirovaniya i razrusheniya vodoneftyanykh emul'siy na pozdney stadii razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Features of formation and destruction of oil-water emulsions at a late stage of oil field development), Moscow: Publ. of OAO “VNIIOENG”, 2005, 324 p.
3. Zolfaghari R., Fakhrul-Razi A., Abdullah L.C. et al., Demulsification techniques of water-in-oil and oil-in-water emulsions in petroleum industry, Separation and Purification Technology, 2016, V. 170, pp. 377–407, DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2016.06.026
4. Levchenko D.N., Bergshteyn N.V., Khudyakova A.D., Niko N.M., Emul'sii nefti s vodoy i metody ikh razrusheniya (Oil-water emulsion and methods for their destruction), Moscow: Khimiya Publ., 1967, 200 p.
5. Tarasov M.Yu., The main technological solutions used in the design of oil treatment facilities at the fields of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2002, no. 7, pp. 26–30.
6. Romanova Yu.N., Musina N.S., Maryutina T.A., The impact of different types of wave action on the destruction of stable gel-containing water-oil emulsions (In Russ.), Zavodskaya laboratoriya. Diagnostika materialov, 2018, V. 84, no. 7, pp. 7–15, DOI: 10.26896/1028-6861-2018-84-7-7-15
7. Romanova Y.N., Maryutina T.A., Musina N.S. et al., Demulsification of water-in-oil emulsions by exposure to magnetic field, J. Pet. Sci. Eng., 2019, V. 179, pp. 600–605, DOI:10.1016/j.petrol.2019.05.002
8. Patent RU 2 712 589 C1, Method for destruction of highly stable water-oil emulsions, Inventors: Romanova Yu.N., Musina N.S., Maryutina T.A., Trofimov D.A.
9. Sofla M.J.D., Norouzi-Apourvari S., Schaffie M., The effect of magnetic field on stability of conventional and pickering water-in-crude oil emulsions stabilized with fumed silica and iron oxide nanoparticles, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2020, V. 314, DOI: 10.1016/j.molliq.2020.113629
10. Hippmann S., Ahmed S.S., Frohlich P., Bertau M., Demulsification of water/crude oil emulsion using natural rock Alginite, Colloids Surf. A., 2018, V. 553, pp. 71–79, DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2018.05.03111. Patent RU 2 721 955 C1, Wave action device for oil stock preparation, Inventors: Musina N.S., Romanova Yu.N., Maryutina T.A., Trofimov D.A.