The possibility of changing the rheological properties of high-paraffin low-resin oil due to hydro-pulse cavitation treatment (HCT) has been investigated. A mechanism has been proposed to explain the change in the structure of complex structural units (CSU) of oil at HCT. The simulation of the oil flow in the ANSYS CFX software package has been performed to determine the hydrodynamic parameters and cavitation numbers in a hydrodynamic cavitator (HC) with Venturi tubes and in a radial-type rotor-stator device (RSD) implementing HCT in liquids. The calculation of the hydrodynamic cavitation number based on the simulation results indicates developed cavitation in the oil flow in both HC and RSD. Specific energy consumption for oil processing in HC is 1.5 times lower than in RSD. It is assumed that HCT effects lead to the destruction of supramolecular bonds between CSU, and also destroy CSU. When paraffin crystals are destroyed, their specific surface area and, consequently, the surface energy increase. Paraffins form the core of the CSU, and the HCT of oil causes the destruction of paraffin crystals, resins are distributed between solid particles, loosen the crystal structure, adsorb on grain surfaces and change the structure of paraffin crystal associates. The adsorption of resins on destroyed paraffin crystals prevents their aggregation. Processing of high-paraffin low-resin oil in HC and RSD has shown their high efficiency in improving its rheological characteristics. After a single oil treatment in RSD, the amount of thixotropy energy and the viscosity of the oil decreased by an average of 1.5 times. After a single treatment of oil in the HC, the value of the thixotropy energy and the viscosity of the oil decreased by an average of 2 times. When processing in RSD and HC, the specific energy costs for oil processing are significantly less compared to the change in thixotropy energy.
1. Sunagatullin R.Z., Kutukov S.E., Gol'yanov A.I. et al., Control of oil rheological properties by exposure to physical methods (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 1, pp. 92-97, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-1-92-97
2. Xuedong Liu at al., Investigation of amplification process of heavy oil viscosity reduction device based on jet cavitation using lab experimental and numerical simulation method, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 2021, June, DOI: 10.1080/15567036.2021.1940388
3. Omel'yanyuk M.V., Ukolov A.I., Pakhlyan I.A., Investigation of the processes of cavitation fl ow for energy-saving and environmentally friendly technologies in the oil and gas industry (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2021, no. 12, pp.128-130, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2021-12-128-130
4. Promtov M.A. et al., The influence of hydropulse processing on rheological oil parameters (In Russ.), Vestnik Tambovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2020, V. 26, no. 2, pp. 243–253, DOI: 10.17277/vestnik.2020.02.pp.243-253
5. Promtov M.A. et al., Change of rheological parameters of high-paraffin oil under multi-factor impact in a rotor-stator device (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2020, no. 5(127), pp. 76-88, DOI: 10.17122/ntj-oil-2020-5-76-88
6. Promtov M.A. et al., Estimation of energy costs when processing high-paraffinic oil in rotary impulse apparatus (In Russ.), Vestnik Tambovskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2021, V. 27, no. 4, pp. 576–584, DOI: 10.17277/vestnik.2021.04.pp.576-584
7. Torkhovskiy V.N. et al., Transformation of short-chain n-alkanes under treatment of hydrodynamic cavitation (In Russ.), Tonkie khimicheskie tekhnologii, 2017, V. 12, no. 5, pp. 65 – 70, DOI:10.32362/2410-6593-2017-12-5-65-70
8. Torkhovskiy V.N. et al., Transformation of alkanes under treatment of single impulse of hydrodynamic cavitation. II. Behaviour of medium-chain alkanes C21–C38 (In Russ.), Vestnik MITKhT im. M. V. Lomonosova, 2014, V. 9, no. 4, pp. 59 – 69.
9. Yakimenko K.Yu., Vengerov A.A., Brand A.E., Application of hydrodynamic cavitation treatmentof high-viscosity oils for the purpose of increase of efficiency of transportation (In Russ.), Fundamental'nye issledovaniya, 2016, no. 5–3, pp. 531–536.
10. Anufriev R.V., Volkova G.I., Yudina N.V., Influence of ultrasonic treatment on structural-mechanical properties of oil and sedimentation (In Russ.), Neftekhimiya = Petroleum Chemistry, 2016, V. 56, no. 5, pp. 454–460.
11. Kondrasheva N.K., Baytalov F.D., Boytsova A.A., Comparative assessment of structural-mechanical properties of heavy oils of timano-pechorskaya province (In Russ.), Zapiski Gornogo instituta, 2017, V. 225, pp. 320–329.12. Kutukov S.E., Chetvertkova O.V., Gol'yanov A.I., Gidravlicheskaya kharakteristika truboprovoda na vysokovyazkoy nefti (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2021, V. 11, no. 1, pp. 32–39, DOI: 10.28999/2541-9595-2021-11-1-32-39