In conditions of deterioration of the reservoir properties of potential oil and gas bearing areas on mature and green fields, engineers are continuously searching and developing effective well completion technologies to maintain and increase oil production levels. Based on successful international experience, Russian oil and gas companies use horizontal wells (HW) with multi-stage hydraulic fracturing (MSHF) for the cost-effective development of low-permeable reservoirs. In searching for the best technologies and engineering solutions, the companies tested different lengths of horizontal section of HW, the number of hydraulic fracturing (HF) stages and distances between hydraulic fracturing ports, as well as different specific mass of the proppant per frac port. At the same time, publications practically do not describe systemic approaches to assessing the actual technological efficiency of HW with MSHF and the viability of increasing the technological complexity of horizontal well completion technologies.
The aim of this work was to develop the methodical recommendations for analyzing the actual ratio of performance indicators of HW with MSHF of various designs (different lengths of horizontal section of HW and the number of HF stages) compared with directional wells (DW) with single HF. Developing the methodical recommendations for analyzing we discovered the typical methodological errors and developed the methodology for analysis of the actual ratio of indicators of wells of various designs, in particular, HW with MSHF relative to DW with HF. The discussed methodological recommendations and automated forms of the actual multiplicity of performance indicators analysis of HW with MSHF and DW with HF have been tested at key fields of Rosneft Oil Company.
1. Galeev R.R., Zorin A.M., Kolonskikh A.V. et al., Optimal waterflood pattern selection with use of multiple fractured horizontal wells for development of the low-permeability formations (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 10, pp. 62–65.
2. Gilaev G.G., Afanas'ev I.S., Timonov A.V., Priobskoe oilfield pilot area (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO “NK “Rosneft'”, 2012, no. 2, pp. 22–26.
3. Zorin A.M., Usmanov T.S., Kolonskikh A.V. Et al., Operational efficiency improvement in horizontal wells though optimizing the design of multistage hydraulic fracturing at Priobskoye Northern territory (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 11, pp. 122–125, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2017-12-122-125
4. Kolupaev D.Yu., Bikkulov M.M., Solodov S.A. et al., Mass hydraulic fracturing is a key technology of the southern part Priobskoye field development (In Russ.), PROneft', 2019, no. 1, pp. 39–45, DOI: 10.24887/2587-7399-2019-1-39-45
5. Mulyak V.V., Chertenkov M.V., Shamsuarov A.A. et al., Increasing efficiency of hard-to-recover reserves involving in the development with use of multi-zone hydraulic fracturings in horizontal wells (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2011, no. 11, pp. 48–51.
6. Rodionova I.I., Shabalin M.A., Mironenko A.A., Khabibullin G.I., Field development plan and well completion system optimization for ultra-tight and ultra-heterogeneous oil reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 10, pp. 72-76, DOI: 10.24887/0028-2448-2019-10-72-76
7. Sitnikov A., Asmandiyarov R., Pustovskikh A. et al., Benchmarking of various types of completions and MS technologies for horizontal wells at the Priobskoe field southern license topic (In Russ.), SPE-187771-RU, 2017, https://doi.org/10.2118/187771-MS
8. Fedorov A.E., Dil'mukhametov I.R., Povalyaev A.A. et al., Multivariate optimization of the development systems for low–permeability reservoirs of oil fields of the Achimov formation (In Russ.), SPE-201811-RU, 2020, https://doi.org/10.2118/201811-MS
9. Cherevko M.A., Optimizatsiya sistemy gorizontal'nykh skvazhin i treshchin pri razrabotke ul'tranizkopronitsaemykh kollektorov (Optimization of a system of horizontal wells and fractures in the development of ultra-low-permeability reservoirs): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumen, 2015.
10. Cherevko M.A., Yanin K.E., The first results of the application of multi-stage hydraulic fracturing in horizontal wells Priobskoye field (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 2, pp. 74–77.
11. Shabalin M., Khabibullin G., Suleymanov E. et al., Tight oil development in RN-Yuganskneftegas (In Russ.), SPE-196753-MS, 2019, https://doi.org/10.2118/196753-MS
12. Fakhretdinov I.V., Integrated monitoring of horizontal wells with multistage hydraulic fracturing at the implementation stage within the priobskiy oil field for their work effectiveness (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov, 2017, no. 4, pp. 92–99.
13. Butler R.M., Horizontal wells for the recovery of oil, gas and bitumen, Petroleum Society of CIM, Monograph no. 2, 1994.