Evaluating of core saturation in case of oil source rocks of the Bazhenov formation by standard methods is not trivial task that hinders systematic measurements. An example is the existing method of distilling water in the Zaks (or Dean-Stark) apparatus, which does not allow to determine small amounts of water with high accuracy, in addition, the method is not "in-line" - it takes up to a week for one measurement. This leads to use for reserve calculation and planning mining values of oil saturation, which are not confirmed by actual data or determined on single core samples. The method was offered authors, based on combination of thermal and spectrometric techniques, let allowed measuring water saturation and oil saturation for core 12 oil fields. The results obtained indicate about significant variation in saturation by cross section of the Bazhenov formation, and the modal values of water saturation exceed those, that are usually used for reserve calculation. «Scale» factor significantly influences on the core properties, and actual values of water saturation may be higher. The degree of mobility of water in open porous space is important value. Established opinion that all water in the Bazhenov formation is associated with clays minerals is not confirmed by specially conducted researches. The dependence of water content and clayiness is linear with a high dispersion. The lowest values of water content tend to highly siliceous and carbonate rock, and the water in open voids is rather capillary-bound. The obtained values of chemically bound water released in process decomposition of minerals and transformation organic matter during heating, indicate high water content in closed pores. Studying of the features of water release in the temperature range corresponding to the decomposition (pyrolysis) of organic matter and minerals showed the presence of a large amount of water in closed pores.
1. Brekhuntsov A.M., Nesterov I.I., Nechiporuk L.A., Oil and gas resources of the Jurassic horizons of West Siberia: The current state and prospects for exploration in the context of the predictions made by academician I.M. Gubkin (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2017, V. 58, no. 3–4, pp. 445–454.
2. Volkov V.A., The prospects for the shale "revolution" in Ugra are the most promising, but the technology for the development of the Bazhenov formation has not yet been developed (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2018, no. 4, pp. 52–57.
3. Kontorovich A.E., Rodyakin S.V., Burshteyn L.M. et al., Porosity and oil saturation of pore space in the Bazhenov formation rocks (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 2018, no. 5, pp. 61–73.
4. Kelai Xi et al., Factors influencing oil saturation and exploration fairways in the lower cretaceous Quantou Formation tight sandstones, Southern Songliao Basin, China, Energy Exploration & Exploitation, 2018, V. 36 (5), pp. 1061–1085.
5. Silich V.E., Porovyye vody porod bazhenovskoy svity Salymskogo neftyanogo mestorozhdeniya (Pore waters of the rocks of the Bazhenov suite of the Salym oil field), Collected papers "Stroyeniye i neftegazonosnost’ bazhenitov Zapadnoy Sibiri" (The structure and oil and gas content of the bazhents of Western Siberia), 1985, pp. 87-91.
6. Nazina L.A., Sklyar Yu.G., Correlation between the content of physically bound water and the capacitive properties of massive rock samples of the Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Geologiya i geofizika = Russian Geology and Geophysics, 1991, no. 8, pp. 15–18.
7. Ermakov V.I. et al., Geologicheskie modeli zalezhey neftegazokondensatnykh mestorozhdeniy Tyumenskogo Severa (Geological models of oil and gas condensate deposits in the Tyumen North): edited by Ermakov V.I., Kirsanov A.N., Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1995, 464 p.
8. Kuz'min Yu.A., Sudat N.V., Features of the geological structure, evaluation and accounting in the state balance of hydrocarbons reserves in the sediments of the Bazhenov formation of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (In Russ.), Vestnik nedropol'zovatelya KhMAO, 2011, no. 24, http://www.oilnews.ru/24-24/osobennosti-geologicheskogo-stroeniya-ocenki-i-ucheta-v-gosbalanse-zapas...
9. Zanin Yu.N. et al., Melanterite and szomolnokite as weathering products of pyrite from the bazhenovo formation (In Russ.), Litologiya i poleznye iskopaemye, 2009, no. 3, pp. 294–296.
10. Coburn T. et al., Water generation during pyrolysis of oil shales, 1. Sources, Energy and Fuels, 1989, V 3, no. 4, pp. 216–223.
11. Melenevskiy V.N., Nikitina E.I., Investigation of gas evolution processes from natural quartz (In Russ.), Izvestiya AN SSSR. Ser. Geologicheskaya, 1981, no. 9, pp. 81–91.
12. Kontorovich A.E., Fenomen bazhenovskoy svity: litologiya, organicheskaya geokhimiya, paleogeografiya, postsedimentatsionnaya evolyutsiya, potentsial akkumulyatsii nefti i gaza (Phenomenon of the Bazhenov formation: Lithology, organic geochemistry, paleogeography, postsedimentary evolution, oil and gas accumulation potential), Proceedings of VIII All-Russian lithological meeting “Evolyutsiya osadochnykh protsessov v istorii Zemli” (Evolution of sedimentary processes in the history of the Earth), 27–30 October 2015, Moscow: Publ. of Gubkin Unevrsity, 2015, V. 1, 419 р.
13. Klubova T.T., Glinistye kollektory nefti i gaza (Shale reservoirs of oil and gas), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1988, 157 p.
14. Glotov A.V., Skripkin A.G., Gorshkov A.M., Laboratory evaluations of bazhenov suite sediments porosity and saturation by different methods (In Russ.), Karotazhnik, 2019. no. 6(3), pp. 23–40.15. Glotov A.V., Mikhaylov N.N., Impact of the "scale" factor on the properties of source rocks of the Bazhenov formation (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2020, no. 6(342), pp. 42–48.