The article presents results of development system optimization a field with hard-to-recover reserves at early stage of exploration. Oil reserves are located in low-permeability Achimov and Tumen formations characterized by a high degree of reservoir heterogeneity and classified as tight oil reservoir.
The authors carried out multivariate calculations various development patterns using a sector of dynamic model represents distal deep water part based on multiple realizations. Different patterns were compared at similar technological conditions for various permeability and oil thickness typical for the area. Then, optimal horizontal well and spacing of selected patterns were defined.
Optimal development pattern is a row-like system of multifractured horizontal 1500-1800 m length wells, 200 m spacing and interwell toe-heel distance is 200 m. Drilling long laterals within such a complex reservoir is complicated and needs special rigs and tools that are under piloting at the current moment. So we recommend completing 1200-1300 m length wells economically and technically efficient as well. Oil production countervailing activities were suggested based on a simulation study. The activities’ implementation allows to enhance the field development. Increasing fracture stage count and switching over to horizontal injectors will allow to increase a number of horizontal producers at well site. Tightening well spacing from 300 m to 200 m is followed by waterflooding oil production response. Increasing horizontal well length from 1000 m to 1200 m allows to drain additional reserves earlier. Drilling 2000m+ horizontal wells will be necessary for development edge oil layer areas when pilot program is completed.
1. Nurlyev D.R., Rodionova I.I., Viktorov E.P. Et al., Tight reservoir simulation study under geological and technological uncertainty (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 10, pp. 60–63.
2. Shabalin M., Khabibullin G., Suleymanov E. et al., Tight oil development in RN-Yuganskneftegas (In Russ.), SPE-196753-MS, 2019.
3. Galeev R.R., Zorin A.M., Kolonskikh A.V. et al., Optimal waterflood pattern selection with use of multiple fractured horizontal wells for development of the low-permeability formations (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 10, pp. 62–65.
4. Zorin A.M., Usmanov T.S., Kolonskikh A.V. Et al., Operational efficiency improvement in horizontal wells though optimizing the design of multistage hydraulic fracturing at Priobskoye Northern territory (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 11, pp. 122–125.
5. Rodionova I.I., Shabalin M.A., Mironenko A.A., Khabibullin G.I., Field development plan and well completion system optimization for ultra-tight and ultra-heterogeneous oil reservoirs (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2019, no. 10, pp. 72–76.