Gazprom Neft Company has been organizing a directed exploration for the study of Domanic formation since 2016. Domanic bituminous deposits is a complex object for predicting and prospects estimation. It is associated with the low state of knowledge and structural features of these deposits, as well as the absence of single valued criteria which determine the prospects of this type deposits. The expansion to new territories is not justified without an accurate definition possible production characteristics of Domanic deposits and oil-producing potential for bituminous formation of Volga-Ural Basin. The article considers the special aspects of geological, geophysical and geochemical parameters, determined to study a reliable estimate of the Domanic deposits’ reserves and resource potential. The structure conceptual model is proposed, as well as a number of methodological techniques and useful recommendations to study and analysis of the bituminous formation. As a result of Domanic-type sediments studying, a number of geological, geophysical and geochemical uncertainties were identified, including geological-geophysical conceptual solutions, such as ambiguous vertical object boundaries and extension area; reservoir properties, determination of organic porosity, and a number of geological and geochemical parameters that affect the potential of considered deposits. Domanic bituminous deposits are not clearly understood; a number of questions remain that can be solved by performing scientific studies with a number of experiments. Domanic deposits are characterized by a wide range of occurrence with a different number of bituminous packs, ambiguous geological, geophysical and geochemical properties over the extension area. There are a lot of questions to the methodological determination of the studied geological and geophysical parameters without deeply developed methods, norms and determination.
1. Temporal guidelines for calculating oil reserves in Domanik productive sediments (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2017, no. 4 (67), pp. 102–115.
2. Gorozhanin V.M., Gorozhanina E.N., Artyushkova O.V. et al., Vtorichnoe mineraloobrazovanie v porodakh domanikovogo gorizonta (Secondary mineral formation in rocks of the Domanic horizon), Collected papers “Fatsial'nyy analiz v litologii: teoriya i praktika” (Facies analysis in lithology: Theory and practice), Moscow: MAKS Press Publ., 2019, 172 p.
3. Stupakova A.V., Kalmykov G.A. et al., Domanic deposits of the Volga-Ural basin – types of section, formation conditions and prospects of oil and gas potential (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2017, Special Issue, pp. 112–124.
4. Vinogradov A.P., The chemical elemental composition of algae (In Russ.), Proceedings of biogeochemical laboratory of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1935, Part 1, V. 3, pp. 87–201.
5. Degens E.T., Geochemistry of sediments, Prentice-Hall, 1965, 342 p.
6. Boychenko E.A., Saenko G.N., Udel'nova T.N., Evolution of the concentration function of plants in the biosphere (In Russ.), Geokhimiya, 1968, no. 10, pp. 1260–1264.
7. Ul'mishek G.F., Shalomeenko A.V., Kholton D.Yu. et al., Unconventional oil reservoirs in the Domanik formation of the Orenburg region (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 2017, pp. 67–70.
8. Zagranovskaya D.E., Korobov A.D., Strizhnev K.V., Zhukov V.V., Determination of the genesis of unconventional reservoirs with the aim of mapping the promising free oil areas in the deposits of Bazhenov horizon example Palyanovskaya area Krasnoleninskoye field (In Russ.), Nedropol'zovanie XXI vek, 2017, no. 1, pp. 24–35.
9. Korobov A.D., Korobova L.A., Pulsating stress as reflection of tectonic hydrothermal activation and its role in generation of productive collectors cover (West Siberia is taken as an example) (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika, razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 2011, no. 6., pp. 4–12.
10. Vashkevich A.A., Strizhnev K.V., Shashel' V.A. et al., Forecast of prospective areas for sediment type Domanic in the Volga-Ural oil and gas province (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = OilIndustry, 2018, no. 12, pp. 14–17.
11. Lafargue E., Marquis F., Pillot D., Rock-Eval 6 applications in hydrocarbon exploration, production, and soil contamination studies, Revue de institut francais du petrole, 1998, V. 53, no. 4, pp. 421–437.
12. Schettler Jr P.D. et al., Contributions to total storage capacity in Devonian shales, SPE-23422-MS, 1991.