The conditions for the development of unconventional reserves stipulate the use of improved approaches in studying the characteristics of Domanic wells stimulation. An important aspect of the use of acidic compounds is obtaining a significant increase in the well flow index based on a detailed study of the possibility of the effects produced by various compounds on core samples in laboratory conditions. Conducting filtration studies on reservoir models reduces the risks of using new acid formulations in real unconventional reserves field conditions during pilot trials.
The article presents the results of optimizing acid compositions for Domanic deposits. The acid composition was optimized by physicochemical studies at a manometric installation using core, oil and water samples from the Bavlinskoye field. The results of the selection of corrosion inhibitors and tests to assess the stability of the acid composition and stabilization of iron (III) ions, which prevent the formation of stable emulsions and sediment, are presented.
The paper also includes the experimental data of filtration studies to determine the optimal volume of the acid composition at various rates of its injection into the pore matrix of the reservoir.
Under Agreement 14.607.21.0195 and as part of the Federal Target Program “Research and Development in Priority Directions for the Development of the Russian Science and Technology Complex in 2014–2020”, Almetyevsk State Oil Institute carries out work on the theme “Development of Scientific and Technological Solutions for the Development of Unconventional Reservoirs (Domanic deposits) and Hard-to-Recover Oil (Bituminous Oil) Based on Experimental Studies”, which is focused on improving the process of production intensification with application of acid compositions in wells drilled in Domanic deposits.
1. Khisamov R.S., Zakirov I.S., Zakharova E.F. et al., Experience of studying and development of Domanic deposits on the example of Bavlinskoye field of the Republic of Tatarstan (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2018, no. 11, pp. 78–83.
2. Kharisov R.Ya., Folomeev A.E., Bulgakova G.T., Telin A.G., The complex approach to the choice of the optimum acid composition for well stimulation in carbonate (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2011, no. 2, pp. 78–82.
3. Glushchenko V.N., Ptashko O.A., Kharisov R.Ya., Denisova A.V., Kislotnye obrabotki. Sostavy, mekhanizmy reaktsii. Dizayn (Acid treatments. Compositions, reaction mechanisms. Design), Ufa: Gilem Publ., 2010, 392 p.
4. Patent no. RU2161250C1, Method of acid treatment of wells in carbonate oil formation, Inventors: Telin A.G., Ismagilov T.A., Vakhitov T.M., Vakhitov M.F., Kaveev Kh.Z., Khisamutdinov A.I., Khayrullin I.A., Akhmetov N.Z.
5. Kharisov R.Ya., Folomeev A.E., Koptyaeva E.I., Telin A.G., Manometricheskaya ustanovka kak instrument vybora kislotnykh sostavov dlya stimulyatsii skvazhin v karbonatnykh kollektorakh (Manometrical unit as a tool for selecting acid compositions for stimulating wells in carbonate reservoirs), Proceedings of V All-Russian Scientific Conference “Neftepromyslovaya khimiya” (Oilfield chemistry), 24-25 June 2010, Moscow: Publ. of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, 2010, pp. 91-92.
6. Folomeev A.E., Sharifullin A.R., Vakhrushev S.A. et al., Theory and practice of acidizing high temperature carbonate reservoirs of R. Trebs oil field, Timan-Pechora Basin (In Russ.), SPE-171242-RU, 2014.
7. Telin A.G., Puti povysheniya effektivnosti solyanokislotnykh obrabotok skvazhin v karbonatnykh kollektorakh s vysokovyazkimi neftyami (Ways to increase the efficiency of hydrochloric acid treatments of wells in carbonate reservoirs with high viscosity oils), Proceedings of international scientific and practical conference “Sovremennye metody razrabotki mestorozhdeniy s trudnoizvlekaemymi zapasami i netraditsionnymi kollektorami” (Modern methods of developing fields with hard-to-recover reserves and unconventional reservoirs), dedicated to the 120th anniversary of Kazakhstani oil, the opening of the administrative building of the branch of KMG Engineering LLP Caspiymunaygas, Part 1, Atyrau, 2019, pp. 477–485.
8. Rozovskiy R.Ya., Kinetika topokhimicheskikh reaktsiy (Kinetics of topochemical reactions), Moscow: Khimiya Publ., 1974, 224 p.
9. Zakirov I.S., Zakharova E.F., Musabirov M.Kh., Ganiev D.I., Approaches to assessing the effectiveness of chemicals on core material of Domanic deposits (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2019, no. 3(19), pp. 141–155.
10. Kharisov R.Ya., Folomeev A.E., Sharifullin A.R. et al., Integrated approach to acid treatment optimization in carbonate reservoirs, Energy & Fuels, 2012, V. 26, pp. 2621–2630.