The article presents for consideration an approach to improving the accuracy of calculations of oil temperature (wall of a pipeline) for long sections (over tens of kilometers) of oil pipelines constructed in harsh geological and climatic conditions (including permafrost areas). The calculation method is based on the heat balance equation "pipeline-environment". The main difficulty is that due to significant temporal and spatial variability of the soil parameters at the base of the pipeline and conditions of interaction in the "soil-environment" system (e.g., the annual range of soil temperature at the depth of the pipe axis can reach tens of degrees), field studies allowing to determine their actual values with acceptable accuracy require enormous financial expenses. Therefore, approximated values are used in the calculations, which can result in significant errors of the calculated values relative to the actual ones. Increased accuracy of calculations is achieved by calibrating the computed model according to oil temperature (pipeline wall) sensors. Calibration of the computed model is performed for the time intervals during which the parameters of the medium containing the pipeline (temperature and thermal conductivity of soils, heat exchange rate between soil and atmosphere) are constant. The temperature value at the depth of the pipeline axis is used as the control parameter. The proposed method allows reducing the error of calculations and avoiding additional expenses for year-round study of the properties of soils containing the pipeline.
1. Radionova S.G., Lisin Yu.V., Kuznetsov T.I. et al., Improvement of methods and means of forecast calculations of thawing halos, penetration and stress-strain state of pipelines laid in permafrost (In Russ.), Nauka i tehnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation, 2016, no. 1 (21), pp. 39–43.
2. Tugunov P.I., Novoselov V.F., Tipovye raschety pri proektirovanii i ekspluatatsii neftebaz i nefteprovodov (Typical calculations in the design and operation of oil depots and oil pipelines), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 177 p.
3. Kolosov B.V., The study of heating fluid due to friction when moving it in the pipeline (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1989, no. 10, pp. 51–52.
4. Kim D.P., Rakhmatullin Sh.I., About thermal design of oil-trunk pipelines (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2006, no. 1, pp. 104–105
5. Korotkov A.A., Emel'yanova L.V., Khilimonyuk V.Z. et al., A methodological approach to the creation of zoning maps based on engineering-geocryological features, to assess the cost of territory development for pipeline construction (In Russ.), Inzhenernye izyskaniya, 2017, no. 2, pp. 28–37.6. Vladova A.Yu., Korotkov A.A., Fedorenko D.Yu., Intelligent support of method identifying the causes of defects of the man-made objects metallic shell (In Russ.), Matematicheskoe i programmnoe obespechenie sistem v promyshlennoy i sotsial'noy sferakh, 2014, no. 1 (4), pp. 37–41.