Well testing guidance document (2002) states a necessity of all producing wells transient pressure testing twice a year. In reality amount of testing significantly lower. Due to lack of information about wells and reservoir control and reservoir development regulation became almost impossible. Well interference testing is even more unique than conventional well test, but necessary for research of reservoir between wells. In this case an alternative is multi-well deconvolution that compensate in some degree lack of well testing. Bottomhole pressure and production rates history of adjacent wells gives an opportunity to derive self-influence function and reaction on surrounding wells production changes. Multiwell deconvolution purpose is calculation of self-influence and interference functions. Actually deconvolution makes available pressure drawdown and interference testing without production interruption. In this case interference provides additional information. Transformed bottomhole pressure curves further processed by conventional algorithms. To derive self-influence functions and well interference functions matrix-vector form of convolution equations is applied. Due to linear form of elastic mode differential equation (piezoconductivity equation) the superposition solution principle is applicable. That’s why it is proposed to derive these functions as a sum of elementary functions, related to corresponding reservoir flow regimes. This approach was tested on artificial bottomhole pressure curve. Results of artificial and deconvoluted pressure data almost ideally matched. Also simulated and interpreted self-influence and well-interference curves of different zones parameters matched.
1. Buzinov S.N., Umrikhin I.D., Issledovanie neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin i plastov (The study of oil and gas wells and reservoirs), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1984, 269 p.
2. Earlougher R.C. Jr., Advances in well test analysis, SPE Monograph Series, 1977, V. 5, 264 p.
3. Houze O., Viturat D., Fjaere O.S., Dynamic Data Analysis V 5.12,- Kappa Engineering, 2017, 743 p.
4. Cumming J.A., Wooff D.A., Whittle T., Gringarten A.C., Multiwell deconvolution, SPE 166458-PA, 2014,
5. Gringarten A.C., New development in well test analysis. Phase 2, London: Imperial College, 2018, 24 p.
6. Zheng Shi-Yi, Wang Fei, Multi-well deconvolution algorithm for the diagnostick, analysis of transient pressure with interference from Permanent Down-hole Gauges, SPE 121949-MS, 2009, https://doi.org/10.2118/121949-MS.
7. Wang Fei, Processing and analysis of transient pressure from Permanent Down-hole Gauges, Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Heriot-Watt University, 2010, 235 p.
8. Gulyaev D.N., Batmanova O.V., Pulse-code test and multi-well deconvolution algorithms are new technologies for reservoir properties determination between the wells (In Russ.), Vestnik Rossiyskogo novogo universiteta. Seriya: Slozhnye sistemy: modeli, analiz, upravlenie, 2017, no. 4, pp. 26–32.
9. URL: https://sofoil.com/MRT%20report.pdf.
10. SOFOIL. Mul'tiskvazhinnye GDI. Tekhnologicheskiy obzor (SOFOIL. Multiwell hydrodynamical study. Technological review),