In conditions of high depletion of a good part of Tatarstan oil fields well pattern arrangement has become a most important factor. The paper considers applicability of different well patterns to drain the residual reserves concentrated, mostly, in no-flow areas and by-passed oil zones of oil reservoirs. The objective of the study was to develop a concept and tools for computer-aided placement of project wells by dense irregular well spacing pattern that satisfies the production and economic constraints.A procedure for computer-aided stage-wise placement of project wells based on commercial production criteria was worked out. The procedure is realized in the program module for oil reserves evaluation in terms of production performance and economic efficiency of the hierarchical modeling package KIM-Expert – an in-house development of Tatneft PJSC. The optimization block generates a file of EOR/IOR jobs for recompletions and new completions with due account of the preset constraints on baseline economic efficiency of EOR/IOR jobs and allowable geological risks. The program module was used for analysis of 208 development targets of the Company. For each target, well pattern arrangement was selected, base reservoir performance indices were determined, as well as production and economic performance of multiple scenarios of well patterns. By the results of the calculations optimal scenarios were selected. Statistical analysis of distribution of initial parameters was performed in the best well pattern options. By example of development targets of one of the fields, the project wells were united in case they coincided in the general view. This approach allows either recompletion of wells or dual completion. The latter technology has a high potential for decreasing of capital and operating expenses, and facilitates early production of multilayered fields. The carried out analysis allowed ranking of similar development targets in terms of future economic performance. The obtained results were submitted for approval and validation by specialists of the Company’s Oil and Gas Production Units and Reservoir Engineering Department.
1. Certificate of authorship no. 2018613935 RF, Tekhniko-ekonomicheskaya otsenka zapasov neftyanogo mestorozhdeniya (Technical and economic assessment of oil field reserves), Authors: Latifullin F.M., Sattarov Ram.Z., Smirnov S.V., Khanipov M.N., Khafizov R.R., Sharifullina M.A.
2. Certificate of authorship no. 2018611091 RF, KIM Ekspert (Complex for hierarchical modeling “Ekspert”), Authors: Sakhabutdinov R.Z., Ganiev B.G., Nasybullin A.V., Latifullin F.M., Sattarov Ram.Z., Smirnov S.V., Sharifullina M.A.
3. Latifullin F.M., Sattarov Ram.Z., Smirnov S.V. et al., Sozdanie programmnogo modulya dlya tekhniko-ekonomicheskoy otsenki zapasov nefti PAO “Tatneft'” (Creating a software module for the technical and economic assessment of oil reserves of PJSC TATNEFT), Proceedings of TatNIPIneft', 2018, V. 86, pp. 49–57.
4. Nasybullin A.V., Razzhivin D.A., Latifullin F.M. et al., Optimization of project wells’ placement using software module for oil production and economic analysis (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2018, no. 4, pp. 163–174, URL: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2e67f9_4cc6391aa88d4ba18effd2bcc96e0481.pdf.
5. Ccertificate of authorship no. 2009616218 RF, Avtomatizirovannoe rabochee mesto geologa “LAZURIT” (Automated workplace of geologist “LAZURIT”), Authors: Akhmetzyanov R.R., Ibatullin R.R., Latifullin F.M., Nasybullin A.V., Smirnov S.V.
6. Nasybullin A.V., Latifullin F.M., Razzhivin D.A. et al., Creation and commercial introduction of methods of oil deposits development management on the basis of computer-aided design technologies (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 7, pp. 88–91.
7. Latifullin F.M., Sattarov Ram.Z., Sharifullina M.A., Application of lazurit workstation software package for geological and reservoir modeling and well intervention planning for Tatneft’s production assets (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 6, pp. 40–43.8. Sharifullina M.A., Butusov E.V., Development of hierarchical modelling software for reservoir simulation, field management and selection of appropriate well stimulation technologies (In Russ.), Neftyanaya provintsiya, 2017, no. 4, pp. 116–124, URL: http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2e67f9_9c3ae734e23f48b3a6f0ec08ae79e9eb.pdf.