The article deals with the method of determining current oil saturation based on the displacement characteristics, which can be used to describe the process of developing reserves at a qualitative and quantitative level (as a first approximation) that precedes geological and hydrodynamic modeling.
The preconditions for the practical application of the method are revealed. The method, based on solving the Buckley – Leverett differential equation, makes it possible to determine the current production of the objects of analysis with a sufficiently high accuracy and to identify areas of localization of residual reserves. At the same time, a relatively small amount of source data significantly reduces the calculation results errors.
The development of modern software tools of allows to achieve a satisfactory history matching of almost any model. At the same time, the fact that the model is only a three-dimensional reflection of the idea of the geologist and engineer, its quantitative description is completely overlooked. The formation of the concept itself is impossible without a detailed study of the process, an analysis of the entire set of field data and research. In such a situation, minimizing the amount of heterogeneous initial information will help reduce uncertainties and errors in the results obtained.
The method, based on solving the Buckley – Leverett differential equation, makes it possible to estimate with sufficiently high accuracy in combination with other methods of geological and production analysis to establish not only the basic characteristics, but also to estimate the distribution of current oil saturation over the area and section of the reservoir predict the technological efficiency of drilling operations, identify the most promising areas.
The described method was successfully tested on a number of fields in Western Siberia. The article presents the experience of using the technique on the example of the BS112b stratum of the Kogalymskoye oil field, represented by Cretaceous sediments typical of most of the fields in West Siberia. The proposed method, taking into account the predicted performance of the work, allow to identify the most promising areas in terms of increasing oil production and increasing the current recovery efficiency.
1. Revenko V.M., Primenenie metoda filʹtratsionnykh parametrov i soprotivleniy pri razrabotke neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy Zapadnoy Sibiri (Application of the method of filtration parameters and resistances in the development of oil fields in Western Siberia): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumenʹ, 1974.
2. Brilliant L.S., Povyshenie ehffektivnosti geologo-tekhnicheskikh meropriyatiy po optimizatsii plotnosti setki skvazhin i intensifikatsii sistemy zavodneniya na Samotlorskom mestorozhdenii (Improving the efficiency of geological and technical measures to optimize the density of the grid of wells and the intensification of the waterflooding system in the Samotlor field): thesis of candidate of technical science, Tyumenʹ, 1990.
3. Dontsov K.M., Razrabotka neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Oilfield development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1977.
4. Ivanov M.M., Dementʹev L.F., Neftegazopromyslovaya geologiya i geologicheskie osnovy razrabotki mestorozhdeniy nefti i gaza (Oil and gas field geology and geological basis for the development of oil and gas fields), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1992.
5. Maksimov M.I., Geologicheskie osnovy razrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy (Geological basis of oil field development), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1957.6. Khamidullina A.N., Geologo-promyslovoe obosnovanie dorazrabotki neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy bureniem bokovykh gorizontalʹnykh stvolov (Field-geological substantiation of oilfield redevelopment by drilling lateral horizontal shafts): thesis of candidate of geological and mineralogical science, Bugulʹma, 1999.