The theoretical and experimental studies of the reasons for the deviation of the filtration rate of liquids in porous media from the linear law in the displacement of oil by water are reviewed. Foreign and domestic experiments to study the filtration attenuation process associated with electrokinetic inhibition are analyzed. The results of experiments demonstrating that the slowing down of the flow during filtration of distilled water and aqueous solutions of potassium chloride in a porous medium occurs at low flow potentials are revealed. The obtained data do not fit into the framework of the considered concepts of the mechanisms of electrokinetic inhibition of filtration. The generalization of the results allowed the author to propose a compensation mechanism for electrokinetic inhibition, explaining the decrease in the filtration rate of distilled water through a porous medium at low values of flow potentials, not fully compensating for the magnetic moments of chemical compounds that are crystallized or adsorbed on the surface of the pore channel as a result of natural watering, the magnetic moments of dissociated salt molecules water. In this paper, based on the application of the compensatory mechanism of the electrokinetic filtration inhibition process, the concepts of the features of the natural watering of the reservoir, the study of the microcomponent composition of rocks, the identification and identification of microcomponents characterizing natural watering, the nature of the changes and differences in the water permeability of carbonate and terrigenous reservoir rocks during filtration low-mineralized water, as well as increasing the mineralization of the pumped water, is explained. The possibility of using the developed approach to explain the reasons for the increase in the water saturation of rocks wetted by water, to reduce the water cut in the well and the mechanism for extracting residual oil, as well as to justify the technological parameters of the process of influencing the highly watered layer with low mineralized water is shown. The efficiency of low-mineralized water injection technology at the later stages of oil field operation is considered to be proved by field experiments, however, the mechanism adequately reflecting the process of oil recovery increase during injection of low-mineralized water into the high-water reservoir has not been proposed so far.
1. Dukhin S.S., Elektroprovodnost' i elektrokineticheskie svoystva dispersnykh sistem (Electrical conductivity and electrokinetic properties of dispersed systems), Kiev: Naukova dumka Publ., 1975, 246 p.
2. Grigorov O.N., Elektrokineticheskie yavleniya (Electrokinetic phenomena), Leningrad: Publ. of LSU, 1973, 199 p.
3. Simkin E.M., The role of electrokinetic phenomena in filtration processes (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1979, no. 3, pp. 53–56.
4. Dresner L., Electrokinetic phenomena in charged microcapillaries, L. Phis. Chem., 1963, V. 67, pp. 1635–1641.
5. Romm E.S., Features of electrokinetic phenomena in thin capillaries (In Russ.), Kolloidnyy zhurnal, 1979, V. 41, no. 5, pp. 895–901.
6. Burgreen D., Nakache F.R., Efficiency of pumping and power generation in ultrafine electrokinetic systems, L. of Applied Mechanics, 1965, Sept., pp. 675–677.
7. Sigal V.L., Issledovanie stroeniya diffuznogo dvoynogo sloya v dispersnykh sistemakh (Investigation of the structure of a diffuse double layer in dispersed systems): thesis of candidate of physical and mathematical science, Moscow, 1973.
8. Churaev N.V., Deryagin B.V., Effect of overlap of diffuse ionic layers on electrokinetic phenomena in thin films and pores (In Russ.), Kolloidnyy zhurnal, 1966, V. 28, no. 5, pp. 751–757.
9. Zhukov I.I., Kryukov N.A., Poverkhnostnaya provodimost' i elektrokineticheskie svoystva tverdykh dispersoidov (kvarts, korund) (Surface conductivity and electrokinetic properties of solid dispersoids (quartz, corundum)), Moscow: Publ. of USSR AS, 1952, pp. 318–346.
10. Henniker J.C., The depth of the surface zone of a liquid, Revs Modern Phys., 1949, V. 21, pp. 322–341.
11. Karnyushina E.E., Levchenko V.A., Serpikova V.M., Influence of stadial and superimposed processes on the change of carbonate rocks of the Kozhasai oil field (Caspian Sea) (In Russ.), Vestnik MGU. Seriya 4. Geologiya, 1999, no. 3, pp. 29–35.
12. Akhmetov N.Z., Bakhtin A.I., Vasil'eva T.L. et al., Possibilities for preliminary assessment of carbonate reservoir productivity based on lithologic and mineralogical data (In Russ.), Georesursy, 2001, no. 2, pp. 8–15.
13. Seccombe J., Lager A., Jerauld G., Jhaveri B., Buikema T., Bassler S., Denis J., Webb K., Cockin A., Fueg E., Paskvan F., Demonstration of low-salinity EOR at interwell scale, Endicott Field, Alaska, SPE 129692-MS , 2010.