Thanks to the development of new technologies and tools in the field of oil and gas wells drilling unconventional hydrocarbons that were previously considered economically unviable can be produced today. The use of rotary steerable systems (RSS) in well construction made possible the development of a number of offshore fields in the region of Sakhalin Island, Tazov Bay and the Baltic Sea.
Use of RSS for drilling wells with a large deviation from the vertical on shore is promising trend of the construction of wells with a long horizontal section along the productive formation. the approach to existing systems for the development of hydrocarbon deposits on land can be revised. The use of such wells allows to engage in the development of much more reserves of the field, using fewer number of wells than when applying traditional approach, and reduce of capital investments.
For cementing of casing in areas of wells with a zenith angle of more than 55° at the intervals of productive formation, the cement slurry is subject to increased requirements for rheological and fluid flow characteristics, as well as for sedimentation stability. For this purpose, laboratory studies of a number of polymeric reagents based on polysaccharides as modifying additives to cement slurries were carried out. As a result of research, the dependences of changes in flowability, water loss and plastic viscosity on the concentration of polymers in the cement slurry in three temperature ranges were obtained. The analysis of the results of laboratory studies showed that among the tested polymers Natrosol 250 HHR reagent is characterized by the best combination of water retention and rheological properties. It is established the working concentration of the polymer reagent in the cement slurry should be in the range of 0.15-0.30%. It is noted that plastic viscosity can be decreased by entering plasticizing additives into the cement slurry.
1. Ust'kachkintsev E.N., Increase productivity of construction in sidetrack of Verkhnekamsk potassium-magnesium salts field (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2012, no. 5, pp. 39–46.
2. Rynok bureniya gorizontal'nykh skvazhin i zarezki gorizontal'nykh bokovykh stvolov: tekushchee sostoyanie i prognoz razvitiya do 2027 goda (The market of horizontal drilling and horizontal sidetracking: current state and development forecast until 2027), URL: http://rpi-consult.ru/reports/dobycha-nefti-i-gaza/rynok-bureniya-gorizontalnykh-skvazhin-i-zarezki-... /
3. Tuktarov D.Kh. et al., New records of drilling and multilateral wells completions in Western Siberia (In Russ.), ROGTEC, 2016, no. 13, pp. 22–48. https://rogtecmagazine.com/novye-rekordy-bureniya-i-mnogostvol'n/?lang=ru/
4. URL: https://www.rosneft.ru/press/news/item/188675/
5. URL: http://www.slb.ru/upload/iblock/233/12_dg_0051_lukoil_baltic_sea_ cs_10_ak_apr_29_rus_letter.pdf/
6. Melekhin A.A., Oil and gas well plugging operations (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2011, no. 1, pp. 62–67.
7. Wang J.-T., Sun B.-J., Li H. et al., Numerical simulation of cementing displacement interface stability of extended reach wells, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 2018, V. 30, no. 1, pp. 420–432, DOI: 10.1007/s42241-018-0051-4.
8. Chernyshov S.E., Kunitskikh A.A., Development of cement slurries with adjustable kinetics of expansion (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaĭstvo = Oil Industry, 2017, no. 8, pp. 83–85.
9. Nikolaev N.I., Kozhevnikov E.V., Enhancing the cementing quality of the well with horizontal profile (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2014, no. 11, pp. 29–36, DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2014.11.3
10. Kozhevnikov E.V., Study of properties of cement slurries for horizontal well and sidetrack cementing (In Russ.), Vestnik Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Perm Journal of Petroleum and Mining Engineering, 2015, no. 17, pp. 24–31. – DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2015.17.3
11. Kunitskikh A.A., Study of cement slurry modifying agents (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaĭstvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 5, pp. 46–50.
12. Abbas G., Irawan S., Kumar S., Elrayah A.A.I., Improving oil well cement slurry performance using hydroxypropylmethylcellulose polymer, Advanced Materials Research, 2013, V. 787, pp. 222–227, DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.787.222.
13. Medvedev P.I., Fizicheskaya i kolloidnaya khimiya (Physical and colloidal chemistry), Moscow: GISKhL Publ., 1954, 269 p.14. Bulatov A.I. et al., Spravochnik po krepleniyu neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin (Guide to oil and gas wells casing), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 240 p.