To achieve proper reliability, safety and integrity when designing and operating a power supply system, one needs to consider its configuration complexity, a huge number of items and elements that constitute the system, multiple geographically distributed consumers with different requirements to power supply reliability, required continuity of system operation and strong interrelation between its subsystems and components’ operation modes, supplies reliability requirements, irregularities of power consumption, probability of sequential failures, dependence of its throughput capacity on ambient conditions, system’s operation modes and equipment configuration, any territorial hierarchy of subsystems and control elements as well as any temporary decision making hierarchy, various hardware to ensure reliability, and operator’s involvement in control processes.
The paper addresses issues related to the safety of the power supply system and its components along with methods for making relevant managerial solutions. Interrelations among the individual aspects of reliability, conditions and processes occurring in power supply systems are described too. The paper defines conceptual principles that serve as a scientific basis for making decisions to ensure power supply system operation reliability. These decisions define proportional development of the power supply system and its subsystems and result in a list of facilities to be built and upgraded, along with their key design parameters. The paper identifies some key challenges faced by those willing to secure power supply system reliability at the planning and upgrade stages. The event-oriented approach described in the paper makes it possible to ensure reliability, safety and integrity of the power supply system when planning its expansion or upgrade. The paper also contains a classification of methods and tools to ensure power supply system reliability.
1. Senderov S.M., Pyatkova E.V., Ryabchuk V.I., Problemy energeticheskoy bezopasnosti i osobennosti ee issledovaniya na sovremennom etape (Challenges of energy security features and its research on the present stage), Collected papers “Ekologicheskaya, promyshlennaya i energeticheskaya bezopasnost' - 2017” (Environmental, industrial and energy security - 2017), Proceedings of scientific-practical conference with international participation, Sevastopol': Publ. of SSU, Sevastopol'skiy gos. universitet, 2017, pp. 1104 –1110.
2. Pyatkova N.I., Senderov S.M., Pyatkova E.V., Methodological aspects of energy security investigation researches on the contemporary stage (In Russ.), Izvestiya RAN. Energetika, 2014, no. 2, pp. 81–87.
3. Pyatkova N.I., Massel' L.V., Massel' A.G., Contingency management methods for studying of energy security problems (In Russ.), Izvestiya RAN. Energetika, 2016, no. 4, pp. 156–163.
4. Kurbatskiy V.G., Stennikov V.A., Kler A.M. et al., Sistemnye issledovaniya v energetike (System research in power engineering), Irkutsk: Publ. of ESI SB RAS, 2016, 202 p.
5. Trukhanov V.M., Matveenko A.M., Nadezhnost' slozhnykh sistem na vsekh etapakh zhiznennogo tsikla (Reliability of complex systems at all stages of the life cycle), Moscow: Spektr Publ., 2012, 663 p.
6. Senderov S.M., Pyatkova N.I., Rabchuk V.I. et al., Metodika monitoringa sostoyaniya energeticheskoy bezopasnosti Rossii na regional'nom urovne (Methodology for monitoring the state of Russia's energy security at the regional level), Irkutsk: Publ. of ESI SB RAS, 2014, 146 p.
7. Plokhina E.E., The method of detection of unauthorized taps and sabotage on the pipelines (In Russ.), Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2011, no. 16 (135), pp. 92–95.
8. Tsvyak A.V., Environmental impact unapproved inserts in the pipeline and methods of combating them (In Russ.), Vestnik Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2015, no. 10 (185), pp. 445–447.
9. Korableva Yu.D., Ways to deal with the unauthorized siphoning (In Russ.), Simvol nauki, 2017, V. 2, no. 1, pp. 62–65.
10. Glotov M.N., Feedback as one component of managing technical processes on the case management process oil pumping (In Russ.), Nauchnyy Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo arkhitekturno-stroitel'nogo universiteta. Seriya: Student i Nauka, 2014, no. 7, pp. 70–73.
11. Larionov V.I., Gryaznev Yu.D., Methodological support for monitoring system of main pipelines using geophysical logging (In Russ.), Problemy sbora, podgotovki i transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Problems of gathering, treatment and transportation of oil and oil products, 2015, no. 2, pp. 208–213.12. Dudnikov V.Yu., Dudnikova S.A., The base station as a key element of the monitoring system planheight position interfield pipeline Yarega – Ukhta (In Russ.), Resursy Evropeyskogo Severa. Tekhnologii i ekonomika osvoeniya, 2016, no. 4 (06), pp. 114–122.