In spite of the fact that the transient well tests are an integral part of the methods of control over the oil-field development, the “traditional” methods of pressure well testing do not provide one detailed information filtration properties of a fracture. Considering the temperature dynamics in the operation or shut-in well is a way to expand the number of determined reservoir parameters. Present methods, based on analytical solutions, do not allow one to take into account all significant thermohydrodynamic processes. Therefore, a three-dimensional numerical simulation of the pressure and temperature propagation taking into account all the thermodynamic effects in the well, reservoir and fracture is a relevant problem.
The aim of the present work is the development of a program code to study thermohydrodynamic processes in injection wells in the presence of a fracture, as well as analysis of the numerical simulation results. A mathematical model describes the propagation of temperature and pressure in the reservoir for a three-dimensional case and in the vertical well for a one-dimensional case, taking into account the throttling effect and adiabatic expansion. On the basis of numerical simulation the analysis of the temperature change in the well and reservoir with a fracture, and temperature sensitivity to the change in flow rate are conducted. The proposed approach is used to analyze the pressure and temperature data obtained during pressure fall-off tests and temperature build-up tests in the injection well with a fracture.
1. Deeva T.A., Kamartdinov M.R., Kulagina T.E., Mangazeev P.V., Gidrodinamicheskie issledovaniya skvazhin: analiz i interpretatsiya dannykh (Well test: analysis and interpretation of data), Tomsk: Publ. of TPU, 2009, 243 p.
2. Earlougher R.C. Jr., Advances in well test analysis, SPE Monograph Series, 1977, V. 5, 264 p.
3. Valiullin R., Ramazanov A., Khabirov T., Sadretdinov A. et al., Interpretation of non-isothermal testing data based on numerical simulation, SPE 176589, 2015.
4. Valiullin R.A., Sharafutdinov R.F., Ramazanov A.Sh., A research into thermal fields in fluid-saturated porous media, Powder technology, V. 148, 2004, pp. 72–77.
5. App J.F., Yoshioka K., Impact of reservoir permeability on flowing sandface temperatures: dimensionless analysis, SPE 146951-PA, 2013.
6. Duru O.O., Horne R.N., Modeling reservoir temperature transients and matching to permanent downhole gauge data for reservoir parameter estimation, SPE 115791-PA, 2010.
7. Kamphuis H., Davies D.R., Roodhart L.P., A new simulator for the calculation of the in-situ temperature profile during well stimulation fracturing treatments, The journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 1993, V. 32, no. 5, pp. 38–47.
8. Gil'miev D.R., Shabarov A.B., Modeling of non-isothermal waterflooding of an oil reservoir with hydraulic fracture crack (In Russ.), Innovatsii i investitsii, 20013, no. 7, pp. 273–275.
9. Mel'nikov S.I., Control of joint development of low-permeability layers in fracturing conditions (In Russ.), Inzhenernaya praktika, 2013, no. 1, pp. 49-53.
10. Ribeiro M., Horne N., Detecting fracture growth out of zone using temperature analysis, SPE 170746-MS, 2014.
11. Pityuk Yu.A., Davletbaev A.Ya., Musin A.A. et al., Estimation of various temperature effects influencing temperature change near bottomhole formation zone (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO “NK “Rosneft'”, 2016, no. 1, pp. 28–34.
12. Pityuk Yu.A., Davletbaev A.Ya., Musin A.A. et al., Estimation of near-field formation parameters in injection well on the base of temperature analyze (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO “NK “Rosneft'”, 2016, no. 44, pp. 71–76.
13. Pityuk Yu.A., Davletbayev A.Ya., Musin A.A. et al., 3D numerical simulation of pressure/temperature dynamics in well with fracture (In Russ.) SPE 181971-MS, 2016.
14. Dawkrajai P., Analis R.A., Yoshioka K. et al., A comprehensive statistically-based method to interpret real-time flowing measurements, United States, 2004, doi:10.2172/860437, URL: https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/860437.15. Yu. Pityuk, I. Zarafutdinov, E. Seltikova, 3D numerical simulation of well tests using GPU, Proceedings of XI International Conference “Parallel'nye vychislitel'nye tekhnologii (PaVT’2017)” (Parallel Computing Technologies), Chelyabinsk: Publishing center of SUSU, 2017, pp. 153–166.