The article presents methodical approach to form a strategy of human resources effective management for an oil company. We propose to choose a strategy according to the level of efficiency of human resource involvement and level of company’s long-term stability.
The efficiency of human resources involvement is estimated based on integrated index. The article provides a description of six stages of integrated index calculation. We propose an equation to calculate integrated index as weighed mean of simple indexes with use of the procedure of standardization. Simple indexes are selected by the method of step-by-step regression.
We also propose using integrated index to estimate a level of a company’s long-term stability. The following spheres of long-term stability are pointed: production and technology, market, finance and economy, investment. Within each sphere the system of simple indexes of long-term stability is formed and the direction of positive dynamics of indexes is shown. We offer a scoring model for calculating an oil company’s long-term stability based on deviation of simple indexes from reference values.
The authors present grading scales to estimate a level of efficiency of human resources involvement and a level of an oil company’s long-term stability. The choice of strategy of human resources effective management for an oil company is developed using strategy offered by M. Amstrong.
On the example of the Bashneft Company experimental approbation of the offered approach is carried out. The system of simple index of human resources involvement efficiency is created. The integrated index of efficiency of human resources involvement and integrated index of the Company’s long-term stability are calculated. By results of calculations the average efficiency of human resources involvement and the average level of long-term stability are established. The strategy focused on achievement of high rates of development is recommended to the Company.
1. Lopez M., Guerra O., Castro S., Development and implementation of an intellectual capital model from a balanced scorecard: Practical experience from ECOPETROL SA, Proceedings of the 8th international conference on intellectual capital, knowledge management and organizational learning, 2011, V. S1 and 2, pp. 859-872.
2. Chanmeka A., Stephen S., Caldas C., Assessing key factors impacting the performance and productivity of oil and gas projects in Alberta, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 2012, V. 39, pp. 259–270.
3. Duzelbaeva G., Economic aspect of personnel management in oil & gas companies of Kazakhstan, Actual problems of economics, 2012, pp. 343–350.
4. Meaad R. Bushra, Samer Eid D., Nick B., Intellectual capital, knowledge management and social capital within the ICT sector in Jordan, Journal of intellectual capital, 2017, V. 18, pp. 437–462,
5. Johnsen S., Kilskar S., Fossum K., Missing focus on Human Factors - organizational and cognitive ergonomics – in the safety management for the petroleum industry, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O – Journal of Risk and Reliability, 2017, V. 231, pp. 400–410,
6. Qiu S., Zhang L., Liu M., HSE training matrices templates for grassroots posts in petroleum and petrochemical enterprises, Petroleum Science, 2017, V. 14, pp. 560–569.
7. Lenz S., Pinhanez M., Luis E., Jacobs C., Open innovation and the challenges of human resource management, International journal of innovation management, 2016, V. 20, no. 7, pp. 1–26.
8. Abrosimova E.B., Application of multifactorial regression analysis to improve the efficiency of human resource management (In Russ.), Tekhnologicheskiy audit i rezervy proizvodstva, 2015, V. 6, no. 5 (26), pp. 53–58.
9. Burenina I., Evtushenko E., Kotov D. et al., Integral assessment of the development of Russia’s chemical industry, Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 2017, V. 8, no. 5, pp. 1075-1085.
10. Gajfullina M.M., Nizamova G.Z., Musina D.R., Alexandrova O.A., Formation of strategy of effective management of fixed production assets of oil company, Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research, 2017, V. 38, pp. 185–190.
11. Sharko V., Andrusenko N., Algorithm for estimating factors influencing intensification of production of industrial enterprises, Economic annals-XXI, 2017, V. 162, pp. 68–72.
12. Wood D.A., Characterization of gas and oil portfolios of exploration and production assets using a methodology that integrates value, risk and time, Journal of natural gas science and engineering, 2016, V. 30, pp. 305–321.
13. Armstrong M., Strategic human resource management: A guide to action, Kogan page, 2008, 256 p.вЃВ