The productivity of the pre-Jurassic complex of the Severo-Varyeganskoye field was established in 1984 by well No. 1, in which a commercial gas condensate inflow was obtained. And by 1989, 16 exploratory wells were drilled within Severo-Varyeganskoye field, of which commercial hydrocarbons inflows were obtained in 6 wells. The data accumulated to date show, first, the high prospectivity of the object for hydrocarbon development, and second, the extremely complex geological structure of the reservoir.
In previous studies based on new lithological and petrophysical data, the conclusion was made, that the pre-Jurassic reservoirs of the Severo-Varyegan field are mainly associated with the primary sedimentary silicite formation, preserved from erosion within the intra-Paleozoic synclinal folds, probably bounded by faults. The present paper is their continuation. It consistently presents the results of reprocessing and interpretation of newly obtained seismic and geological data. Fore mapping the Paleozoic reservoir, an object-oriented reprocessing of seismic data was carried out. Mainly as a result of the expert approach to suppressing of multiple waves, elements related to the geological structure of the upper part of the pre-Jurassic complex were revealed. To suppress the effects of wave interference, an acoustic inversion of the seismic data was performed. The interpretation of its results revealed that the sufficiently large bodies of the silicite are confidently distinguished.
As a result of the seismic mapping, a system of submeridionaly striked linear silicite’s bodies was identified. It is a geological framework for further exploration and development. It is planned, first, to carry out a synchronous stochastic inversion of seismic data and a quantitative interpretation of its results, and second, to check the geological forecasts by subsequent drilling.
1. Orlov A.A., Antonishin G.I., Ivaniv M.N., New data on the structure and petroleum potential of the Paleozoic deposits of the Middle Ob region (In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Neft' i gaz, 1988, no. 4, pp. 3–5.
2. Arkhipov S.V., Borkun F.Ya., Pitkevich V.T. et al., Collectors of pre-Jurassic-Jurassic complex of North Varioganskaya Square (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1989, no. 5, pp. 27–29.
3. Shut'ko S.Yu., Kir'yanova N.I., New data on the contact zone of the platform cover and Paleozoic formations of the North Varioganskoye and Varioganskoye fields (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1989, no. 11, pp. 14–16.
4. Bochkarev V.S., Grishchenko A.I., Leshchenko V.E. et al., Paleozoic deposits – a new direction of exploration for oil and gas in the south-east of Western Siberia (In Russ.), Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy, 1996, no. 1, pp. 2–8.
5. Makov A.I., Taldykin V.A., Zakonomernosti razmeshcheniya zalezhey nefti i gaza v fundamente Zapadno-Sibirskoy plity na territorii KhMAO (Regularities in the location of oil and gas deposits in the basement of the West Siberian Plate in KhMAO), Proceedings of scientific and practical conference “Puti realizatsii neftegazovogo potentsiala KhMAO” (Ways of realization of oil and gas potential of KhMAO), Khanty-Mansiysk, 2003, Part 1, pp. 94–101.
6. Kirda N.P., Paromov I.V., Smirnova V.V. et al., Geologicheskoe razvitie i stroenie doyurskikh kompleksov tsentral'nykh i vostochnykh rayonov KhMAO, perspektivnye napravleniya poiskovo-otsenochnykh rabot na neft' i gaz (Geological development and structure of the pre-Jurassic complexes of the central and eastern regions of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug, promising directions of prospecting and appraisal work for oil and gas), Collected papers “Perspektivy neftegazonosnosti paleozoyskikh otlozheniy na territorii Khanty-Mansiyskogo avtonomnogo okruga” (Oil and gas potential of Paleozoic deposits in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug), Proceedings of Scientific and Practical Conference, 12 February, 2003, pp. 1–18.
7. Zubkov M.Yu., Fedorova T.A., Hydrothermal secondary collectors in black shale (In Russ.), Geologiya nefti i gaza, 1989, no. 6, pp. 26–30.
8. Zubkov M.Yu., Gidrotermal'nye selitsity – perspektivnyy neftegazopoiskovyy ob"ekt doyurskogo fundamenta Zapadno-Sibirskoy plity (Hydrothermal Selitsites – a promising oil and gas prospect of the pre-Jurassic basement of the West Siberian Plate), Collected papers “Geologiya i neftegazonosnost' nizhnikh gorizontov chekhla Zapadno-Sibirskoy plity” (Geology and oil and gas content of the lower horizons of the cover of the West Siberian plate), Novosibirsk: Publ. of SNIIGGiMS, 1990, pp. 87–101.
9. Fishchenko A.N., Romanchev M.A., Sil'yanov V.V. et al., Kontseptual'naya geologicheskaya model' verkhney chasti doyurskogo kompleksa Severo-Var'eganskogo mestorozhdeniya (Conceptual geological model of the upper part of the pre-Jurassic complex of the Severo-Varyegan deposit), Proceedings TNNC, 2017, no. 3, pp. 220–234.10. Kudamanov A.I.,