The article describes the special aspects of the well-kill operations in the complicated technological, geological and physical conditions of the Eastern part of the Orenburgskoye oil-gas-condensate field. The objective of this work is to increase the well-kill efficiency of the Orenburg Field on the basis of examination of the mechanisms that take place near the well hole during this operation. The application of multivariate analysis of well control processes, which were conducted from 2015 to 2016, allowed highlighting the underlying causes for low efficiency of the considered operations. Geological and technical factors that lead to unsuccessful operations were singled out. The significance of geomechanical approach coupled with the kill fluid rheology and filtration laboratory researches is considered in the context of the increase of well kill operation efficiency. The key tool of geomechanical approach is a wellbore stress state computation. The calculation results show that stress state near the wellbore crucially differs from regional stress state and varies depending on well pressure. Hence, the stress rearrangement affects the fracture flow deliverability near the borehole. Knowing the active zones in the fracture allows determination of regions and patterns of penetration of blocking compounds. Thus, the correct quantitative estimation of fracture deliverability can be considered as well kill success criterion. The revealed results of near wellbore process analysis and the laboratory tests of kill fluids can be applied in order to improve the well control processes on the Eastern part of the Orenburgskoye oil-gas-condensate field. The revealed mechanisms that take place near the wellbore coupled with the laboratory and pilot tests of the kill fluids, can be applied in order to improve the well control processes on the Eastern part of the Orenburgskoye oil-gas-condensate field.
1. Zhelonin P.V., Mukhametshin D.M., Archikov A.B. et al., Obosnovanie algoritma vybora tekhnologiy glusheniya skvazhin (In Russ.), Nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik OAO "NK "Rosneft'", 2015, no. 2, pp. 76–81.
2. Orlov G.A., Kendis M.Sh., Glushchenko V.N., Primenenie obratnykh emul’siy v neftedobyche (Application of inverse emulsions in oil production), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1991, 225 p.
3. Zoback M.D., Reservoir geomechanics, UK, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007, 505 p.
4. Al'chibaev D.V., Glazyrina A.E., Ovcharenko Yu.V. et al., Application of 3D and near-wellbore geomechanical models for well trajectories optimization (In Russ.), SPE 187830-RU, 2017.
5. Bazyrov I., Glazyrina A., Lukin S. et al., Time-dependent hydro-geomechanical reservoir simulation of field production, Procedia Structural Integrity, 2017, v. 6, p. 228–235, https://doi/10.1016/j.prostr.2017.11.035