The paper describes applications of LAZURIT automated workstation software package for geological and reservoir modeling and well intervention planning for Tatneft’s producing field. The main advantages of LAZURIT models are presented. The progress in the development of 3D reservoir simulation software package is outlined.
The scope of this study includes the analysis of models derived from LAZURIT package for production targets of the Romashkinskoye field and small fields in the Republic of Tatarstan. This research aims to assess geological risks associated with well intervention targets, increase well intervention efficiency, and assess geological risks related to planned wells. The research resulted in construction of 139 geological and reservoir models. Geological risks were assessed for wells selected as targets for well intervention jobs in 2016-2017 as well as for planned wells that would be drilled in 2016-2010.
TatNIPIneft’s engineers have developed LAZURIT automated workstation software package for oil fields development analysis and planning. It has found wide application in the Institute. Its advantages include very fast results, and accurate history matching, so that the resultant estimates of the remaining oil reserves of ageing and mature production assets agree with real field data.
Since 2012, LAZURIT models have been created for most of Tatneft’s producing fields. These models are permanently updated and extensively used for well intervention planning.
The main screening criteria while well intervention planning are residual oil reserves. LAZURIT workstation contains software packages to assess residual reserves of drilled and planned wells that enable: 1) online determination of the geometry of the affected well element for well intervention targets; 2) online estimation of the extent to which the bypassed oil can be mobilized following well intervention jobs; 3) automatic assessment of initial and remaining recoverable reserves of well intervention targets.
Work is underway on the creation of 3D reservoir simulation packages for LAZURIT workstation.
1. Muslimov R.Kh., Khisamov R.S., Suleymanov E.I. et al., Development of constantly functioning models of Romashkinskoye and Novo-Elhovskoye fields on the basis of geologists' ARM LAZURIT and Landmark (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 1998, no. 7, pp. 63–67.
2. Khisamov R.S., Farkhutdinov G.N., Khisamutdinov A.I. et al., Automated selection of problematic areas for oil recovery improvement methods to be used (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2003, no. 10, pp. 74–77.
3. Khisamov R.S., Ibatullin R.R., Abdulmazitov R.G. et al., Use of information technologies for perfection of system of Tatneft OAO deposits development and development control (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2006, no. 10, pp. 46–49.
4. Nasybullin A.V., Latifullin F.M., Razzhivin D.A. et al., Creation and commercial introduction of methods of oil deposits development management on the basis of computer-aided design technologies (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 7, pp. 88–91.
5. Abdulmazitov R.G., Nasybullin A.V., Sattarov Rav.Z. et al., Development of technologies of special geological oilfield maps construction (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2008, no. 10, pp. 44–46.
6. Sultanov A.S., Latifullin F.M., Nasybullin A.V., Computer-aided selection of candidate wells for frac-jobs using LAZURIT workstation (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 7, pp 48–51.7. Nikiforov A.I., Nasybullin A.V., Latifullin F.M., Smirnov S.V. et al., Sozdanie simulyatora ARM «LAZURIT» dlya gidrodinamicheskikh raschetov (Creation of LASURIT automated workstation simulator for hydrodynamic calculations), Proceedings of TatNIPIneft' / Tatneft', 2015, V. 83, pp. 137–142.