The authors consider the creation of seismic models of oil and gas objects using well logging and seismic data. Methodological support is offered for modeling acoustic and density parameters in wells using well logging data. We analyzed the experience of LUKOIL-West Siberia LLC in application of the routine methods for modeling acoustic and density parameters using well logging data. The methodical scheme was developed to solve of practical tasks using mentioned methods. An important element of the offered scheme is the formalized quality evaluation of model curves. The formalized method is offered for curves quality evaluation considering quality of both basic data and methods of data reconstruction.
Developed methodological support can be effectively used to solve practical tasks of seismic modeling on objects of Western Siberia, as well as to form a basis for further methodological support improvement with the information accumulation and transition to new objects.
1. Kozhevnikov D.A., Kovalenko K.V., Deshenenkov I.S., Acoustic stiffness evaluation
from the results of adaptive well logging data interpretation (In Russ.),
Karotazhnik, 2011, no. 10(208), pp. 34–47.
2. Turenko S.K., Cherepanov E.A., Using the data of neutron logging for constructing
seismic and geological models of oil and gas in Western Siberia objects
(In Russ.), Izvestiya vuzov. Neft' i gaz, 2016, no. 2, pp. 27–32.
3. Faust L.Y., A velocity function including lithologic variations, Geophysics,
1953, V. 18, pp. 271–287.
4. Turenko S.K., Cherepanov E.A., An adaptive approach to processing well
logging data when building seismic models of oil and gas objects (In Russ.),
Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 5, pp. 34–37.
5. Gardner G.H.F., Gardner L.W., Gregory A.R., Formation velocity and density
– the diagnostic basics for stratigraphic traps, Geophysics, 1974, V. 39, no.
12, pp. 770–780.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access