This paper presents the results of reliability evaluation for passive surface microseismic hydraulic fracture monitoring in injection wells of Tatneft. The authors describe key features of microseismic surface hydraulic fracture monitoring technology, developed by Gradient CJSC. Hydraulic fracture monitoring procedure is evaluated involving pre- and post-fracturing well testing (transient tests) and tracer logging.
1. Aleksandrov S.I. , Gogonenkov G.N., Mishin V.A., Tessman D.J., Passivnyy
seysmicheskiy monitoring pri razrabotke mestorozhdeniy uglevodorodov:
novyy metod obrabotki dannykh (Passive seismic monitoring in the development
of hydrocarbon fields: A new method of data processing), Proceedings
of International Geophysical Conference and Exhibition вЂњGeofizika
XXI veka вЂ“ proryv v budushcheeвЂќ (Geophysics of the XXI century - a
breakthrough into the future), Moscow, Publ. of Euro-Asian Geophysical
Society, 2003, pp. 678-682.
2. Le Calvez J.H., Bennett L., Tanner K.V. et al., Monitoring microseismic fracture
development to optimize stimulation and production in aging fields, The
Leading Edge, V. 24, Issue 1 (January 2005), pp. 72-75, doi: 10.1190/1.1859705
3. Il'inskiy A.D., Krasnova M.A., Location of microearthquakes sources at passive
seismic monitoring of hydraulic fracturing of the layer (In Russ.) Seysmicheskie
pribory = Seismic Instruments, 2009, V. 45, no. 3, pp. 14-40.
4. House L., Locating microearthquakes induced by hydraulic fracturing in
crystalline rock, Geophys. Res. Lett., 1987, V. 14, pp. 919-921.
5. Fehler M.C., House L., Kaieda H., Determining planes along which earthquakes
occur: Method and application to earthquakes accompanying hydraulic
fracturing, J. Geophys. Res., 1987, V. B92, pp. 9407-9414.
6. Li Y., Cheng C.H., Toksoz M.N., Seismic monitoring of the growth of a hydraulic
fracture zone at Fenton Hill, New Mexico, Geophysics, 1998, V. 63,
7. Aleksandrov S.I., Gogonenkov G.N., Mishin V.A., Passive seismic survey for
hydraulic fracturing control (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry,
2005, no. 5, pp. 64-66.
8. Geiser P., Vermilye J., Scammell R., Roecker S., The use of Seismic Emission
Tomography (SET) for imaging hydraulical ly linked fracture/fault networks of
hydrocarbon reservoirs, Amer. Geophys. Union, Fall Meeting 2006: Abstract
9. Shabalin N.Ya., Biryal'tsev E.V., Ryzhov V.A. et al., Opportunity to study the
upper part of section based on full-wave numerical simulation (In Russ.) Ekspozitsiya
Neft' Gaz, 2013, no. 6, pp. 40-43.
10. Mangazeev P.V., Pankov M.V., Kulagina T.E. et al., Gidrodinamicheskie
issledovaniya skvazhin (Well testing), Tomsk: Publ. of TPU, 2004, 339 p.
11. Silkina T.N., Voronkov A.A., Hydraulic fracture treatment evaluation based on well testing analysis (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 5, pp. 92-95.