Key words: multilateral, well productivity, well completion performance, velocity potential model.
The paper presents mathematical model based on the velocity potential function of a point source which allows reproducing cooperative work of several laterals located in the same formation with regard to their interference is obtained. The evaluation of the model quality is made by comparison with the known analytical solutions for the stationary flow to the horizontal and vertical wells. The model application is shown by the example of multilateral wells with three lateral horizontal shafts, one of which is cemented and perforated, and the remaining open trunk has four perforated interval. The profiles of the inflow to the trunks of multilateral wells are shown, flow rates are calculated. The developed model allows the analysis of the well during the design phase of drilling and well completion.
1. Borisov Yu.P., Pilatovskiy V.P., Tabakov V.P., Razrabotka neftyanykh
mestorozhdeniy s gorizontal'nymi i mnogozaboynymi skvazhinami (Development of oil fields using horizontal and multilateral wells), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1964, 364 p.
2. Domanyuk F.N., Simulation of productivity wells with a complex horizontal wellbore trajectory (In Russ.), Proceedings of Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, 2011, no. 3, pp. 37-47.
3. Toropchin O.P., Issledovanie optimal'nykh konstruktsiy i skhem
razmeshcheniya perforatsionnykh otverstiy v gorizontal'nykh i pologikh
skvazhin (The study of optimal designs and schemes for placement of perforations
in horizontal and low-angle wells), 2010.
4. Iktisanov V.A., Gidrodinamicheskie issledovaniya i modelirovanie mnogostvol'nykh
gorizontal'nykh skvazhin (Hydrodynamic studies and modeling of
multilateral horizontal wells), Kazan': Pluton Publ., 2007, 124 p.
5. Charnyy I.A., Podzemnaya gidrogazodinamika (Underground fluid dynamics), Moscow: Gostoptekhizdat Publ., 1963.
6. Sokhoshko S.K., Kolev Zh.M., Inflow profile towards the slant borehole of an oil well on the stationary mode (In Russ.), Neftepromyslovoe delo, 2014, no. 3, pp. 33-40.
7. Sokhoshko S.K., Razvitie teorii fil'tratsii k pologim i gorizontal'nym gazovym i neftyanym skvazhinam i ee primenenie dlya resheniya prikladnykh zadach (The development of the theory of filtration to the low-angle and horizontal oil and gas wells and its application to solve applied problems): thesis of doctor of technical science, Tyumen': TyumGNGU, 2008.
8. Joshi S.D., Augmentation of well productivity with slant and horizontal wells, Petrol Techn., 1988, June, pp. 729-739.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access