Key words: swelling, deformations, total load, compression experiments.
Theoretical basis for constructing models of swelling argillaceous rocks, including oil reservoirs, is the following representation of the thermodynamics of emerging clay osmotic pressure created by ions-compensators negative electric charge of clay particles. This charge is caused by heterovalent substitution of iron ions in the octahedral sites and silicon ions in tetrahedral sites. In equilibrium, the osmotic pressure is balanced by the external loadding pressure of the outer system. In the case when the system is not in equilibrium, we can assume that the rate of relaxation of the system to equilibrium is proportional to the difference between the inducement (osmotic pressure) and deterrent (external load) swelling factor.
1. Krinari G.A., Rakhmatullina Yu.Sh., Changes in mineral skeleton of oil reservoir in course of water flooding (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2013, no. 6, pp. 56 – 59.
2. Shaydullin I.A., Krinari G.A., Displacement of oil-water contact in the sediments of the Bobrikovsky horizon of Tatarstan: reasons, mechanisms, and implications (In Russ.), Uchenye zapiski KFU. Estestvennye nauki, 2011, V. 153, no. 3, pp. 212-219.
3. Kul'chitskiy L.I., Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy formirovaniya svoystv glinistykh porod (Physico-chemical properties of the basis for the formation of clay soils), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 1981, 178 p.
4. Lazarenko E.K., Kurs mineralogii (The course of Mineralogy), Moscow:
Vysshaya shkola Publ., 1963, 559 p.
5. Yakobson A., Yavleniya tiksotropii v peremyatykh myagkikh glinakh
(Thixotropic phenomenon crumpled soft clays), In Inzhenerno-geologicheskie
svoystva glinistykh porod i protsessy v nikh (Engineering geological properties of clay rocks and processes in them), Moscow: Publ. of MSU, 1972, pp. 25 – 34.
6. Sorochan E.A., Stroitel'stvo sooruzheniy na nabukhayushchikh gruntakh
(Construction of facilities on the swelling soils), Moscow: Stroyizdat Publ., 1989, 312 p.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access