Key words: fractal co-dimension, seismic section, seismic complex, chronostratic section, sequences.
The article discusses the use of the vertical derivative of the local dimension (Hurst exponent) on a small scale as a basis for fact-logical seismic-stratigraphic analysis and selection sequences. This article gives an example of the seismic profile located near arched structures North-Western strike formed on the joint portion of the central and Eastern parts of the board Melekess depression Volga-Uralanticlise. As a result of seismic-stratigraphical analysis the authors located ten sequences that span the sedimentation processes in time periods ranging from Givetian to Vereiskian time. Based on the studies we are concluded that the value of the local fractal dimension (Hurst exponent) of the wave field can be used for analysis and construction of seismic-stratigraphic chronostratic section.
1. Feder J., Fractals, Plenum Press, New York, 1988.
2. Turcotte D.L., Fractals and chaos in geology and geophysics, New York,
1997, 398 p.
3. Utemov E.V., Nekotorye aspekty ispol'zovaniya analiza fraktal'nykh svoystv geofizicheskikh dannykh pri ikh geologicheskoy interpretatsii (Some aspects of the analysis of the fractal properties of geophysical data for their geological interpretation), Kazan': Publ. of KSU, 1998, 11 p.
4. Mandelbrot B.B., The fractal geometry of nature, San Francisco, 1982,
5. Vail P.R., Seismic stratigraphy interpretation using sequence stratigraphy interpretation procedure, Atlas of Seismic Stratigraphy, Amer.
Assoc.Petrol.Geol. – Stud.Geol., 1987, V. 27, no. 1, pp. 1–10.
6. Nurgalieva N.G., Utemov E.V., Kosarev V.E., Prediction of non-anticlinal hydrocarbon traps based on correlation of fractal dimension the curves of
gamma ray log (In Russ.), Elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal “Neftegazovoe
delo” – The electronic scientific journal Oil and Gas Business, 2007, no. 1, pp.
7. Nurgalieva N.G., Nurgaliev D.K., Spectral analysis of lithological parameter series in the interruption containing sections (In Russ.), Uchenye zapiski Kazanskogo universiteta. Estestvennye nauki, 2008, V. 150, no. 1, pp. 157–167.
8. Geologiya Tatarstana: Stratigrafiya i tektonika (Geology of Tatarstan:
Stratigraphy and tectonics): edited by Burov B.V., Moscow: GEOS Publ., 2003, 403 p.
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access