This article discusses the use of computed tomography to measure the specific surface of a porous carbonate reservoir in order to calculate the flow zone indicator (FZI) of reservoir. The object of the study were Upper Tournaisian substage carbonate reservoirs at one of the oil fields of Nurlatsky oil zone, located on the eastern side of Melekess depression Volga-Ural anteclise. A reservoir model of a hydraulic unit is obtained for each studied sample. Based on research it can be concluded that the parameter is strongly associated with FZI facies and depositional processes and also for the quantitative characteristics may be used successfully FZI computed-tomographic technique, by determining the specific area in contact with the fluid surface.
1. Tiab D., Donaldson E.C., Petrophysics: Theory and practice of measuring
reservoir rock and fluid transport properties, Gulf Professional Publishing; 3 edition, 2011, 976 p
2. Khusnullina G.R., The role of texture analysis in the study of deposits of
Vikulovskaya suite on Krasnoleninskoye field (West Siberia) (In Russ.), Collected papers “Prioritetnye i innovatsionnye napravleniya litologicheskikh issledovaniy” (Priority and Innovative directions of lithological studies), Proceedings of IX Ural lithological meeting, Ekaterinburg: Publ. of IGG UrO RAN, 2012, pp. 177-178.
3. Khusnullina G.R., Pryadko A.V., The role of lithofacies heterogeneity of deposits of Vikulovskaya suite in constructing 3D geological model Krasnoleninskoye field (West Siberia) (In Russ.), Interuniversity scientific thematic collection “Litologiya i geologiya goryuchikh iskopaemykh” (Lithology and Geology of Fossil Fuels), V. VI (22), Ekaterinburg: Publ. of USMU, 2012, pp. 130-138.
4. Al'-Khidir K.E., Benzaguta M.S., Tight carbonate reservoir characterization
(In Russ.), Elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal “Neftegazovoe delo” - Electronic scientific journal “Oil and Gas Business”, 2013, no. 2, URL:
5. MorozovV.P., Kozina E.A., Carbonate rocks of the Lower Carboniferous Tournaisian stage (In Russ.), Atlas porod osnovnykh neftenosnykh gorizontov paleozoya respubliki Tatarstan (Atlas of basic rocks of the Paleozoic oil horizons of Tatarstan), Kazan': PFGart Publ., 2007, 201 p.
6. Korolev E.A., Morozov V.P., Leonova L.V., Lithological indicators of hydrocarbon fluids migration in the Volgian fault zone within the Republic of Tatarstan (In Russ.), Uchenye zapiski Kazanskogo universiteta. Estestvennye nauki, 2011, V. 153, no. 4, pp. 199-210.
7. Korolev E.A., Eskin A.A., Morozov V.P., Kol'chugin A.N., Plotnikova I.N.,
Pronin N.V., Nosova F.F., The relationships between petroleum composition
and viscosity of oil and petrophysical properties of oil reservoirs (In Russ.),
Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 2013, no. 6, pp. 32-33.
8. Morozov V.P., E.A. Korolev E.A., Lithogenetic types of limestone of Lower and Middle Carboniferous eastern part of the Melekess depression, secondary processes of transformation, communication with the oil bearing
(In Russ.), Uchenye zapiski Kazanskogo universiteta. Estestvennye nauki, 2006, V. 148, no. 1, pp. 13-21.