Key words: dipole electro sounding, electrical resistivity tomography, induced polarization, Ufimian facies.
The article presents the results of the application of a dipole-electrical sounding with induced polarization (DES-IP) for the exploration of natural deposits of bitumen and high-viscosity oil. The field work was carried out with multiple data overlapping. It's allowed us to construct geoelectrical sections with high resolution in lateral and vertical direction. The results indicate the prospectivity of the method DES-IP for the study of deposits of natural bitumen, and high-viscosity oil. The method DES-IP has higher performance as compared to vertical electrical sounding method. This method is more adapted to work with signal of high man-made electromagnetic noise. After data set interpretation the location of bitumen deposits become more accurate.
1. Borovskiy M.Ya., Exploration geophysics at stages of development of bitumen- perspective territories and objects (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo – Oil Industry, 2005, no. 9, pp. 166-168.
2. Borovskiy M. Ya., Uspenskiy B.V., Yakimova I.A., Problems of development of natural bitumen and heavy oils: environment, geophysical methods of accounting and valuation of the environmental impact (In Russ.), Collected papers “Prirodnye bitumy i tyazhelye nefti” (Natural bitumen and heavy oils), Proceedings of Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya, St. Petersburg: Nedra Publ., 2006, pp. 498-510.
3. Khamidullina G.S., Nurgaliev D.K., Khasanov D.I., Peculiarities of the electromagnetic probing data interpretation in the search of hydrocarbon accumulations (In Russ.), Georesursy – International Journal of Sciences “Georesources”, 2012, no. 4 (46), pp. 26-30.
4. Khamidullina G.S., Khasanov D.I., Brednikov K.I., Present-day geodynamics and properties of the oil of the Tatarstan oil fields (In Russ.), Georesursy – International Journal of Sciences “Georesources”, 2011, no. 6, pp. 2-6.
5. Nourgalieva N.G., The Ufimian Ashalchinskie facies in Southern Tatarstan:
Reservoir characteristics, Georesources, 2000, no. 2(2), pp. 24-29.
6. Akishev I.M., Volkov Yu.V., Gilyazova F.S., Reserves and resources of natural bitumen of the Tatar ASSR (In Russ.), Collected papers “Kompleksnoe osvoenie prirodnykh bitumov i vysokovyazkikh neftey” (Integrated development of natural bitumen and high viscosity oil), Proceedings of All-Union Conference on integrated development of natural bitumen and high viscosity oil, Kazan', 1992, pp. 21-26
To buy the complete text of article (a format - PDF) or to read the material which is in open access