The article is devoted to the identification of current trends and prospects for the development of legislation in the field of ensuring environmental and biological safety in the use of mineral resources in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation, in connection with the adoption of the new Federal Law «On Biological Safety». The authors prove the importance of the law in ensuring biological safety, establishing the legal basis for protection against biological challenges (threats), while noting its inconsistency with the current documents of the state strategic planning in the field of environmental safety, as well as in the field of subsurface use.
The proposal is substantiated on the need to adopt a unified classification of biological threats (hazards) by territories (zones), categories, forms and types, with the allocation of a separate classification of biological threats (hazards) in the use of subsurface resources in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. Also, based on the results of the analysis of corporate strategic planning documents, a proposal is formulated on the need to consolidate the features of the legal provision of biological safety in strategic documents that define the main vectors of the company's policy in the field of industrial safety, labor protection and the environment.
7. Bogolyubov S.A., Krasnova I.O., Law and protection of the nature of the Russian Arctic (In Russ.), Aktual'nye problemy rossiyskogo prava, 2018, no. 6(91), pp. 178–190, DOI: 10.17803/1994-1471.2018.91.6.178-190.
8. Agafonov V.B., Zhavoronkova N.G., Theoretical and legal issues of ensuring biological safety of the Russian Federation (In Russ.), Aktual'nye problemy rossiyskogo prava, 2020, no. 4, pp. 187–194, DOI: 10.17803/1994-1471.2020.113.4.187-194, DOI: 10.17803/1994-1471.2020.113.4.187-194
9. Robinson N.A., Walzer Ch., How do we prevent the next outbreak, Scientific American, URL: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/how-dowe-prevent-the-next-outbreak/
10. Krasnova I.O., Vlasenko V.N., Strategic regulatory instruments in environmental law of Russia, Journal of Siberian Federal University. Humanities and Social Sciences, 2020, V. 13, no. 10, pp. 1671–1678, DOI: 10.17516/1997-1370-0673.
12. Krasnova I.O., Ecosystem approach in legal regulation of biosafety (In Russ.), Vestnik Rossiyskogo universiteta druzhby narodov. Seriya: Yuridicheskie nauki, 2021, V. 25, no. 1, pp. 232–247, DOI: 10.22363/2313-2337-2021-25-1-232-247.