Using the Rock-Eval pyrolytic method, a comparative analysis of bituminous rock samples from the Permian deposits of the Ashalchinskoye oil deposit and the house (Domaniс) deposits of the Romashkinskoye oil field was carried out and their oil-generating potential was estimated. It is shown that according to the content of organic matter, rocks differentiate from very good productive deposits to satisfactory. Permian rocks contain a high content of free hydrocarbons, after extraction, which the oil-producing potential of rocks sharply decreases. The residual organic matter is characterized by low values of the hydrogen index, high values of the oxygen index and a low degree of maturity, which is typical for kerogen of type III, formed from the sediments of the continental type. A distinctive feature of the dominant rocks is the low content of free hydrocarbons and the high content of insoluble kerogen of types I and II associated with organic matter of marine origin and possessing high oil and gas generation potential, the realization of which with the formation of free hydrocarbons is possible using technologies simulating artificial maturation of kerogen directly in productive layers. The heterogeneity of rocks from the Permian and Domanic deposits by the oil-generating potential determined by the different organic matter contents in rocks, by its nature and resistance to thermal effects, indicates the various possibilities and conditions for its implementation.
1. Khisamov R.S., Abdulmazitov R.G., Zaripov A.T., Ibatullina S.I., Stages of development of bitumen pools in the Republic of Tatarstan (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2007, no. 7, pp. 43–45.
2. Muslimov R.Kh., Romanov G.V., Kayukova G.P. et al., Kompleksnoe osvoenie tyazhelykh neftey i prirodnykh bitumov permskoy sistemy Respubliki Tatarstan (Integrated development of heavy oil and natural bitumen of Permian system of the Republic of Tatarstan), Kazan’: Fen Publ., 2012, 396 p.
3. Khisamov R.S., The field development strategy at a later stage, the prospects for extraction of hydrocarbon resources from unconventional sources of hydrocarbons in the Tatarstan Republic (In Rus.), Burenie i neft', 2015, no. 1, pp. 40–44.
4. Khisamov R.S., Bazarevskaya V.G., Tarasova T.I. et al., Geochemical evidence for petroleum potential of Domanic deposits in the Republic of Tatarstan (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 7, pp. 10–13.
5. Burdel'naya N.S., Bushnev D.A., Mokeev M.V., Structural evolution in the kerogen during artificial and natural maturation by solid-state 13C NMR spectroscopy (In Russ.), Vestnik IG Komi NTs UrO RAN, 2015, no. 6, pp. 33–39.
6. Kayukova G.P., Feoktistov D.A., Nosova F.F. et al., Neftegeneratsionnyy potentsial permskikh otlozheniy v zavisimosti ot soderzhaniya, sostava i termicheskoy ustoychivosti organicheskogo veshchestva v porodakh (Petroleum potential of Permian deposits depending on the content, composition and thermal stability of organic matter in rocks), Proceedings of Scientific and Technical Conference, Bugul'ma, 13–14 April 2016, Naberezhnye chelny: Publ. of Ekspozitsiya Neft' Gaz, 2016, pp. 62–67.
7. Kayukova G.P., Mikhailova A.M., Feoktistov D.A. at al., Conversion of the organic matter of Domanic Shale and Permian bituminous rocks in hydrothermal catalytic processes, Еnergy&Fuels, 2017, V. 31(8), pp. 7789–7799.
8. Petrov S.М., Ibragimova D.A., Safiulina A.G. et al., Geothermal conversion of organic matter in the carbonaceous medium in the presence of homogeneous oxidation catalysts, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2017, V. 159, pp. 497–505.
9. Disnar J.R., Guillet B., Keravis D. et al., Soil organic matter (SOM) sharacterization by Rock-Eval pyrolysis: scope and limitations, Organic Geochemistry, 2003, V. 34, pp. 327–343.
10. Tissot B.P., Welte D.H., Petroleum formation and occurrence, Springer-Verlag Telos, 1984, 699 p.