Decision making in the field of oil engineering is characterized with a high level of uncertainty in geology and economics. Information technologies systems are significant instruments implemented to reduce the uncertainty and improve the quality of decisions. This article is dedicated to the problem of the surface facilities design. The classical approach of the fixed production profile does not consider the risks in the uncertainties of geology and production systems. Gazprom Neft is applying the method of 3-variants production profiles during conceptual design. However, this method does not guarantee to get the optimal decision.
To find the optimal condition of surface facility, considering the variance in initial production data, new approach has been developed. This approach includes the probabilistic production profiles and was developed on the base of integrated conceptual design system ERA:ISKRA. The case of regional strategy for the group of oil deposits is described and step-by-step calculations are provided using ERA:ISKRA. The method has been tested during conceptual project: determination of optimal external transport system configuration. As a result, the aforementioned approach has been implemented in ERA:ISKRA. This method allows determining the optimal and persistent recommended variant, with minimal costs or maximal economy efficiency. Due to automatization of technical characteristics and economic parameters calculations, the analysis of surface facilities schemes has been performed, which would not be possible without information system ERA:ISKRA.
1. Technical Report: Guidance for decision quality for multicompany upstream projects, SPE 181246, 2016.
2. Ismagilov R.R., Maksimov Yu.V., Ushmaev O.S. et al., Integrated model for complex management of reservoir engineering and field construction (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2014, no. 12, pp. 71–73.
3. Ismagilov R.R., Panov R.A., Gil'mutdinova N.Z. et al., Economic-mathematical modelling of optimal pipeline configuration (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2015, no. 12, pp. 60–63.
4. Mozhchil A.F.,Tret'yakov S.V., Dmitriev D.E., Gil'mutdinova N.Z. et al., Technical and economic optimization of well pads calculation at the stage of integrated conceptual design (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 4, pp. 126–129.
5. Batrashkin V.P., Ismagilov R.R., Panov R.A. et al., The integrated conceptual design as a tool of systematic engineering (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2016, no. 12, pp. 80–83.
6. Alekseev A., Intelligent acceleration (In Russ.), Sibirskaya neft', 2017, no. 6/143, pp. 22–27.