Failure of induction motors, providing a complex continuous process, can lead to significant economic and environmental damage. Induction motors during voltage dips and interruptions can go into an unstable mode, which will cause a voltage collapse - destabilization of the electric load. In the study of the dynamic stability of asynchronous electric motors with adjustable frequency drives, we must take into account their special features.
The aim of this paper is to develop technical solutions to create a fault-tolerant power system of the motor load as an example of electric submersible pumps unit.
Ride-through solutions, we suggest, is to upgrade existing control stations (adjustable frequency drives) with systems of modern energy storage devices and their charge system, which can increase the stability of asynchronous motors with adjustable speed drives, including ESP unit, given their features. Other advantage of this ride-through solution is using of existing equipment. The paper describes the flywheel and capacitive (based on supercapacitors), energy storage, showing their possible inclusion in the electricity network of oil fields and ESP, and offer accommodation options in the area of electrical equipment.
1. Novoselov Yu.B., Roslyakov V.P., Sushkov V.V., Methodology for determining damage from interruption of power supply of submersible oil recovery units (In Russ.), Mashiny i neftyanoe oborudovanie, 1981, no. 4, pp. 16–17.
2. Abramovich B.N., Ustinov D.A., Polyakov V.E., Dynamic stability of operating modes electrocentrifugal pumps installations (In Russ.), Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil Industry, 2010, no. 9, pp. 104–106.
3. Egorov A.V., Melik-Shakhnazarova I.A., Surzhikov A.V., Opyt povysheniya nadezhnosti elektrosnabzheniya vysokotekhnologichnogo proizvodstva (Experience in improving the reliability of power supply for high-tech production), Proceeding of Gubkin State Oil and Gas University, ina, 2012, no. 3 (268), pp. 130–140.
4. Ershov M.S., Egorov A.V., Trifonov A.A., Ustoychivost' promyshlennykh elektrotekhnicheskikh sistem (Stability of industrial electrical systems), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2010, 319 p.
5. Men'shov B.G., Ershov M.S., Yarizov A.D., Elektrotekhnicheskie ustanovki i kompleksy v neftegazovoy promyshlennosti (Electrical installations and complexes in the oil and gas industry), Moscow: Nedra Publ., 2000, 487 p.
6. Ghosh A., Jindal A.K., Joshi A., Design of a capacitor-supported dynamic voltage restorer (DVR ) for unbalanced and distorted loads, IEEE Trans. Power Deliv., 2004, V. 19, no. 1, pp. 405–413.
7. Pena-Alzola R. et al., Review of flywheel based energy storage systems, Proceedings of 2011 Int. Conf. Power Eng. Energy Electr. Drives. IEEE, 2011, May, pp. 1–6.
8. Su W., Jin T., Wang S., Modeling and simulation of short-term energy storage: Flywheel, Energy Eng. (ICAEE), IEEE, 2010, pp. 9–12.
9. Deswal S.S., Dahiya R., Jain D.K., Performance improvement of Adjustable Speed Drives (ASD’s) using supercapacitors during voltage sag, Proceedings of 2012 IEEE Fifth Power India Conf. IEEE, 2012, pp. 1–6.
10. Odnokopylov G.I., Bragin A.D., Fault-tolerant asynchronous electric drive (In Russ.), Polzunovskiy vestnik, 2013, no. 4-2, pp. 157–162.
11. Khramshin T.R. et al., Enhances the stability of electric drives of continuous production in voltage sags (In Russ.), Vestnik YuUrGU, 2014, no. 2(14), pp. 80–87.
12. Carnovale D.J. et al., Design, development and testing of a voltage ridethru solution for variable speed drives in oil field applications, Pet. Chem. Ind. Tech. Conf. IEEE, 2007, pp. 1–7.
13. Jouanne A. Von, Enjeti P., Banerjee B., Assessment of ride-through alternatives for adjustable-speed drives, IEEE Trans., 1999, pp. 1538–1545. 14. Braslavskiy I.Ya. et al., Asynchronous variable-frequency electric drive with capacitive energy storage (In Russ.), Elektrotekhnika = Russian Electrical Engineering, 2012, no. 9, pp. 30–34.
15. Rutberg F.G., Goncharenko R.B., Kasharskiy E.G., Perspectives of energy saving in electric networks with reduced dynamic stability with the help of flywheel units (In Russ.), Izvestiya Akademii nauk. Energetika, 1999, no. 3, pp. 158–160.